visa in hand...cant believe it!

Old Apr 23rd 2003, 9:03 pm
Forum Regular

sandy- pie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default visa in hand...cant believe it!

well, according to my fiance, i had nothing to stress over! he was first out of the doctor's(only 40 minutes later) and went straight to the embassy...out of there in about an hour, back at 12:30 for visa, out at 12:45. i couldnt believe it. hasnt really sunk in yet. but it will.

I am off home in the morning, but he will be following me in about 3 weeks time. he has got loose ends to tie up here, and then we are home free.

london was a bit odd...more americans than anyone else. the hotel was not the best...but i shall write more later. I have to check train times for the morning. thanks for all your kind thoughts.
sandy
Old Apr 23rd 2003, 9:19 pm
finally home with thing1

thing2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats sandy

After the struggle to get to the interview stage, everyone seems to report this bit as a breeze, almost an anti-climax.

I'm expecting balloons, a fireworks display and big band music after my interview next week, assuming i find it to be quite the same breeze...
Old Apr 23rd 2003, 9:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dekka's Angel is an unknown quantity at this point

Hooray! I'm glad to hear things went well- been thinking about you (since we're practically neighbors!).

These stories really make me smile and helps me focus on the light at the end of the (ever shortening, thank goodness) tunnel
Old Apr 23rd 2003, 10:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

soleil is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations! You must be so relieved!
have a great reunion!
Old Apr 23rd 2003, 10:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

claudia13839 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by soleil
Congratulations! You must be so relieved!
have a great reunion!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO, very happy for you. Now on to wedding planning (talk about stress). =-)

Good luck in the future.

~claudia
Old Apr 24th 2003, 12:29 am
Isabelle's Mommy

AndysGirl will become famous soon enough

Yeah! Im happy for you guys. When I went to London I felt at home, Americans everywhere....so I know how that felt.

Keep us updated on the wedding plans.

Robin
Old Apr 24th 2003, 2:20 am
Welsh Wife

JohnCindy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: visa in hand...cant believe it!

I am very happy for you and glad to hear that the interview day isn't as nerve wrenching as I imagine it will be for my fiance. Best of luck in your future together!
Old Apr 24th 2003, 5:40 am
Forum Regular

sparky22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by sandy- pie
well, according to my fiance, i had nothing to stress over! he was first out of the doctor's(only 40 minutes later) and went straight to the embassy...out of there in about an hour, back at 12:30 for visa, out at 12:45. i couldnt believe it. hasnt really sunk in yet. but it will.

I am off home in the morning, but he will be following me in about 3 weeks time. he has got loose ends to tie up here, and then we are home free.

london was a bit odd...more americans than anyone else. the hotel was not the best...but i shall write more later. I have to check train times for the morning. thanks for all your kind thoughts.
sandy

CONGRATULATIONS Sandy. Where will the wedding be at? Let me suggest Hawaii
Old Apr 24th 2003, 7:14 am
Forum Regular

21stcenturylove is on a distinguished road

Congratulations Sandy !!!
Old Apr 24th 2003, 7:43 am
Jed

Well done Sandy, congratulations, felitacions and all that kind of thing.
I'm as jealous as heck.

"sandy- pie" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > well, according to my fiance, i had nothing to stress over! he was
    > first out of the doctor's(only 40 minutes later) and went straight
    > to the embassy...out of there in about an hour, back at 12:30 for
    > visa, out at 12:45. i couldnt believe it. hasnt really sunk in yet.
    > but it will.
    > I am off home in the morning, but he will be following me in about 3
    > weeks time. he has got loose ends to tie up here, and then we are
    > home free.
    > london was a bit odd...more americans than anyone else. the hotel was
    > not the best...but i shall write more later. I have to check train times
    > for the morning. thanks for all your kind thoughts.
    > sandy
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Apr 24th 2003, 8:20 am
Just around the next bend

dbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!

Debbie
Old Apr 24th 2003, 10:00 am
BE Enthusiast

leebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really nice

Congratulations... I cant wait for this day myself either
Old Apr 24th 2003, 12:22 pm

katesuiter1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yaaaaaaaaay, Sandy!!!!!! So glad you were successful! All the very best for your future together!
Kate. xxx
Old Apr 25th 2003, 12:08 pm
Forum Regular

keatslamia is an unknown quantity at this point

congratulations to both of you!
i just have a question... you didn't go to the interview with him? was this by choice or because they wouldn't allow it? i'm planning on going with my fiance, and have mentioned this in all my SEVERAL emails asking them to change dates for this reason. no one has ever told me i can't go with him, though he has told me it says on the paper he has not to bring family or friends.
i've also heard other stories of petitioners going along with the beneficiary...?
Old Apr 25th 2003, 12:19 pm
Forum Regular

sandy- pie is an unknown quantity at this point

home agian home agian. yeah, i am typing this at 5am, isnt jet lag a beautiful thing. i dont like traveling alone! so yeah, even with him having his visa, i dont know if it was any easier to leave, but hey! he should be here in about 3 weeks!!!

by the way, only people with their name on the interview letter are allowed to go into the embassy. their security is very very tight. and as for the doctors office, i probably could have gone in, but there were a lot of people, and i didnt need to crowd it. our hotel was right across the street, so i just went and sat in the lobby.

the hotel was odd. we felt like they put us in the broom closet. they didnt tell us anything either, about breakfast, about check out. it was odd. we look pretty young, so i think they were wondering where our parents were. haha. and to boot, they tried to charge us 120 quid a night when they had quoted us 79 a night!!! but they fixed it. thank goodness. so yeah, it was the Hotel Concorde. if you are just staying the one night, it would be just fine i am sure, but for the room we were in, we were a little dissapointed.

alright, i need to try and sleep. i feel a cold coming on! i will try to get my boy to post his full exprience soon. as i am sure it will be helpful to many

sandy