British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/)
-   -   visa fees (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/visa-fees-934913/)

muqeem Sep 20th 2020 7:33 am

visa fees

Hi

i am in the process to pay the fees to nvc for immigrant visa.

I can see its showing 325Usd per person.

I know the next one will be the medical fees which i need to pay in london.

after get the visa do i need to pay any fees in UK or any fees in the usa after landed there?
if yes how much?

on the another note i need to ask if someone of the principal applicant dependent has age over 21 when they got the letter from NVC to submit the documents so at that time will they also eligible to apply for the visa application ?

Thanks

scrubbedexpat099 Sep 20th 2020 12:59 pm

Re: visa fees

Dependents, children are by definition under 21.

Rete Sep 20th 2020 1:09 pm

In London there will be the fee for the medical, perhaps fee to your primary for the summary of your medical records, additional immunizations needed, if any, courier fee, fee to have the green card made after entry (fee can be paid in the UK or at the POE) and the fee for the visa. Wasn't the fee you sent to the NVC for the clearance of the Affidavit of Support?

muqeem Sep 20th 2020 1:14 pm

Thanks for your reply.

do you know how much is the fees for the Green card if we pay here in UK and whats the green card fees if we pay after arrival in USA?

muqeem Sep 20th 2020 1:16 pm

Thanks .

can you please clarify more, they were under 21 when the petiotioner file I-130.

so in the case what could be done?

Rete Sep 20th 2020 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by muqeem (Post 12912234)
Thanks .

can you please clarify more, they were under 21 when the petiotioner file I-130.

so in the case what could be done?

It is not when the petition has been filed but the age of the person at the time of the acceptance of the I-130 by USCIS. What was their age then?

Have you searched this forum for information on the fees and procedures for the interview in the Embassy? Have you looked at the US Consulate London website? It should all be listed there. Do you have an attorney working with you>

Rete Sep 20th 2020 1:55 pm

Follow the links:

https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/family-immigration/

muqeem Sep 20th 2020 2:10 pm

Thanks for the info.

The case was approved On May 28, 2015 so what does it mean?

muqeem Sep 20th 2020 2:14 pm

I have looked the embassy website and notice that the visa fees is $325 per applicant .

It doesnot shown the fees for Green card.

do you how much is the fees for the green card ?

We are total 3 dependents ( age 10, 7.5 and 2.5 years) so how much is the fees for them ?

Noorah101 Sep 20th 2020 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by muqeem (Post 12912233)
Thanks for your reply.

do you know how much is the fees for the Green card if we pay here in UK and whats the green card fees if we pay after arrival in USA?

The fee is the same whether it's paid in the UK or the USA.

Rene

Noorah101 Sep 20th 2020 5:48 pm

Originally Posted by muqeem (Post 12912256)
Thanks for the info.

The case was approved On May 28, 2015 so what does it mean?

How old was this person on May 28, 2015?

Rene

Noorah101 Sep 20th 2020 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by muqeem (Post 12912258)
I have looked the embassy website and notice that the visa fees is $325 per applicant .

It doesnot shown the fees for Green card.

do you how much is the fees for the green card ?

We are total 3 dependents ( age 10, 7.5 and 2.5 years) so how much is the fees for them ?

$220 each.

https://my.uscis.gov/uscis-immigrant...is%20%24220.00.

Rene

muqeem Sep 20th 2020 5:58 pm

he was 19 years old on may 28.

muqeem Sep 20th 2020 5:59 pm

is $220 regardless of age?

how long it takes to received the Green card?

Noorah101 Sep 20th 2020 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by muqeem (Post 12912340)
is $220 regardless of age?

how long it takes to received the Green card?

I belive the fee is the same regardless of age.

Once you arrive in the USA, you get your green card immediately in the form of an I-551 stamp in your passport, valid for 1 year. The plastic card should come in the mail within about 6 months.

Rene

Noorah101 Sep 20th 2020 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by muqeem (Post 12912339)
he was 19 years old on may 28.

Then I believe he should be safe under the Child Status Protection Act.

https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/gre...ction-act-cspa

Rene

muqeem Sep 20th 2020 7:40 pm

Do i need to pay any fees for I-551 ?

or the fees for Green card?

neill Sep 20th 2020 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by muqeem (Post 12912374)
Do i need to pay any fees for I-551 ?

or the fees for Green card?

The I-551 is the Green Card. An "I-551 stamp" in your passport is a temporary substitution for the card itself.

muqeem Sep 20th 2020 8:15 pm

Thanks .

so when they stamped it at airport they wont charge anything?

but they do charge $220 / applicant when i am going to applying plastic card is that right ?

Noorah101 Sep 20th 2020 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by muqeem (Post 12912386)
Thanks .

so when they stamped it at airport they wont charge anything?

If you didn't pay the fee in the UK, you will need to pay it at the POE.

but they do charge $220 / applicant when i am going to applying plastic card is that right ?
You won't be applying for the plastic card, that comes in the mail automatically.

Basically, regarding the fee for production of the plastic green card, you have 2 choices. 1) Pay it in the UK before you leave, or 2) Pay it at the POE in the USA when you land.

I would say most people pay it in the UK, then they don't have to worry about it while dealing with all the other stuff to do at the POE.

You will receive instructions for payment in the envelope with your passport/visa inside that you get via courier, after your visa interview.

Rene

steph0scope Sep 21st 2020 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by Noorah101 (Post 12912397)
If you didn't pay the fee in the UK, you will need to pay it at the POE.

You won't be applying for the plastic card, that comes in the mail automatically.

Basically, regarding the fee for production of the plastic green card, you have 2 choices. 1) Pay it in the UK before you leave, or 2) Pay it at the POE in the USA when you land.

I would say most people pay it in the UK, then they don't have to worry about it while dealing with all the other stuff to do at the POE.

You will receive instructions for payment in the envelope with your passport/visa inside that you get via courier, after your visa interview.

Rene

You don’t have to pay it at the POE if you haven’t already paid it before you leave your homeland. You can pay it after you settle into your new home. USCIS will start to chase with payment reminders once they receive notification that you have arrived, and no plastic card will be issued until payment is made. It makes sense to pay it as early as possible and get it out of the way but it is incorrect to say they will have to pay $220 pp “at the POE when they land”.

muqeem Sep 21st 2020 4:09 pm

Thank you very much.

So if i am not wrong we can pay for the plastic card after we landed and gone home and then apply online later from home is that my correct understanding?

civilservant Sep 21st 2020 5:22 pm

Correct

Noorah101 Sep 21st 2020 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by muqeem (Post 12912706)
Thank you very much.

So if i am not wrong we can pay for the plastic card after we landed and gone home and then apply online later from home is that my correct understanding?

Yes, although "apply" is the wrong word. You aren't applying for anything. You are just paying a fee.

Rene

Noorah101 Sep 21st 2020 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by steph0scope (Post 12912684)
You don’t have to pay it at the POE if you haven’t already paid it before you leave your homeland. You can pay it after you settle into your new home. USCIS will start to chase with payment reminders once they receive notification that you have arrived, and no plastic card will be issued until payment is made. It makes sense to pay it as early as possible and get it out of the way but it is incorrect to say they will have to pay $220 pp “at the POE when they land”.

Thank you for the clarification.

Rene

muqeem Sep 21st 2020 6:57 pm

Thank you

muqeem Sep 24th 2020 8:28 pm

hI

guys

My sponsor is self employed and he was filling AOS ( I-864) whle we were reading the instruction in the checklist it saying below.

if you are currently self employed a copy of your schedule C,D,E OR F from your most recent federal income tax returns which establish your income from your business ?

can anyone tell me what is this?

how can i get this?

Noorah101 Sep 24th 2020 8:39 pm

If your sponsor is self employed, he will know what that is (part of his US tax returns). You don't need to get that form yourself. Your sponsor will have it, and will include in the I-864 package.

Rene

Rete Sep 24th 2020 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by muqeem (Post 12914079)
hI

guys

My sponsor is self employed and he was filling AOS ( I-864) whle we were reading the instruction in the checklist it saying below.

if you are currently self employed a copy of your schedule C,D,E OR F from your most recent federal income tax returns which establish your income from your business ?

can anyone tell me what is this?

how can i get this?

As a foreigner it is understandable that you would not know what the schedules are. Your sponsor will know and he/she is the one that is completing the I-864, not you, so it is her/his responsibility.

muqeem Oct 13th 2020 10:41 am

2 Attachment(s)
Hi

Guys

I think i am asking this again because of the confusion.

In ds 260 i come across below question.Have you ever been arrested or convicted for any offense or crime, even though subject or a pardon, amnesty, or other similar action? Yes / No

Incident details is below.

Details.

File reference
V130708 004
Basel, September xxxx xxxx
Penal Order
In the criminal case Vxxxxxx xx
Accused xxxxxxxx
Person Fatherxxxxxx, Mother: xxxxx
DOB: xx.xx.xxx, Place of birth:xxx, Nationality: xxxx
Residential Status: Tourist/ legally present without ID card status
Civil status: married,
Address: xxxxxxxxx
xxxxx, Great Britain, united Kingdom
Is detected:
1. The accused person is declared guilty as follows
Offense Negligent assault
In application of Art. 125 Abs. 1StGB
2. The accused person shall be punished as follows:
Sanction Fine of 30 daily rates at CHF 300.00. The enforcement of the penalty is canceled,
under setting a trial period of 2 years ( Art. 34, Art. 42 Abs. 1, Art.44 Abs.1 StGB)
Fine CHF 300.-- in case of a culpable nonpaying a substitute of a prison sentence of 3 days
( Art.42 Abs.4, Art. 106 StGB)
3. The suspect is imposed on to pay the costs of the trial ( Art. 426 Abs. 1 stop).
4. The accused has to pay accordingly:
Fine CHF 0.00
Fine CHF 300.00
Fine of revocation CHF 0.00
Expenses CHF 612.00
Fee CHF 200.00
Minus down payment CHF 0.00
Total CHF 1112.00
Reasons:
The accused went on xxxxxxxx at around 13:40 in the from xxx xxxx driven Ford Tourneo Custom (xxxxxx xx) in Basel from
Dreirosenbrücke coming along Klybeckstrasse. As the driver of the vehicle
parked in front of Klybeckstrasse 15, the accused unbuckled the safety belt and
was about to leave the vehicle. During the subsequent opening of the passenger side
door did he miss from lack of care and attention the from behind approaching cyclist
that was traveling correctly along the Klybeckstrasse in the direction of travel
Offenburgerstrasse ,Danuta Kogut (represented by Dr. Thomas Wyler, lawyer). Although
she tried to avoid a collision by performing a full break, she collided anyway
with the opened passenger side door and as a result fell
Through this roughly wrongful carelessness Danuta Kogut suffered a HWS-contusion,
a knee-kontusion, and a sacrum-contusion; resulting for the victim in a prolonged
incapacity to work.
A legally valid criminal complaint exists

For your information i have paid the fine of CHF 1112.

For you info i never been arrested in my whole life.

I have applied for cwiss criminal check certificate and i got that yeterday and its saying there is no criminal records againts you that letter comes from federal ofice of justice.
see screen shot atached.

Could you please assisit what should be my answer againts the question below.

Have you ever been arrested or convicted for any offense or crime, even though subject or a pardon, amnesty, or other similar action? Yes / No

scrubbedexpat099 Oct 13th 2020 12:14 pm

Yes

muqeem Oct 13th 2020 12:15 pm

thanks.

If i say yes then what explanation to add can you advice?

thanks

scrubbedexpat099 Oct 13th 2020 12:20 pm

You have details of the incident, nothing to explain.

muqeem Oct 13th 2020 12:24 pm

Is that allright to explain this incident ?

is there any chance it may go againts me? evan i pay fine.

Please advice

Rete Oct 13th 2020 12:39 pm

No, it will not go against you. It was an accident.

There is no reason why you had to repost this again on this thread when you had posted to this elsewhere and were given responses there.

scrubbedexpat099 Oct 13th 2020 12:40 pm

I am not sure what you are trying to explain, you have a conviction, you were fined, you paid the fine.

Noorah101 Oct 13th 2020 1:50 pm

Really the only advice we can give you is to answer to the best of your knowledge, bring proof of everything to the interview, and let the interviewing officer decide. They can change the answer on the DS form if necessary.

You might want to get an immigration lawyer to assist you with all this paperwork.

Rene

Rete Oct 13th 2020 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by Noorah101 (Post 12921573)
Really the only advice we can give you is to answer to the best of your knowledge, bring proof of everything to the interview, and let the interviewing officer decide. They can change the answer on the DS form if necessary.

You might want to get an immigration lawyer to assist you with all this paperwork.

Rene

:goodpost:
I said the same before. English is not his first language and fear of making a mistake because he misunderstands is driving everyone nuts including himself. Why isn't his wife doing the paperwork for herself and the children? Or is she has hindered by the lack of English as he is?

S Folinsky Oct 13th 2020 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by Noorah101 (Post 12921573)

Rene

Perhaps I can make a somewhat subtle point, one that even immigration lawyers have trouble understanding. An immigrant visa is, in legal speak, “non-discretionary.” Either you qualify or you don’t. Whether one is deserving or not doe not, or should not, enter into the equation. The dividing line may not be distinct at times, but it is there.

S Folinsky Oct 13th 2020 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by muqeem (Post 12921532)
Hi

For you info i never been arrested in my whole life.
o

The term “arrest” is what us legal types call a “term of art.” It seems to me that you were “arrested.” But I can see why you might say you were not. But the main thing is you must disclose the incident.