Visa F1 canceled by mistak

Old Jul 15th 2002, 11:20 pm
Bernardo Franco

Default Visa F1 canceled by mistak

If anyone knows what to do in this situation or is able to help me please let me
know. I am in the middle of a terrible situation. I transfer from School A to School
B last year. I spent 2 years in School A, and so far I have gone 1 year in School B.
Last year I went back home and when I was coming back, an INS officer at the airport
asked me a lot of questions about my transfering process and stuff, he let me into
the USA (all my papers were correct) but he canceled my visa. He wrote CWOP on it.

I talked to the International Office at School B and they agreed that it was a
mistake never seen before since you don't need a new visa if you transfer from
schools. The International Office contacted the INS and they even admited that it
was a mistake, however they are not willing to help me geting a new Visa. Their
only advise is to go back home and re-apply. However because of the situation in
my country, it is taking up to 4 months to proces a student visa, and I can't
afford to lose 4 months. Besides, it is to risky to go back and re-apply. I might
not get the visa.

Could anyone please give me any advise or any clue on what to do?

Regards, Bernardo Franco

Old Jul 16th 2002, 4:48 am
Forum Regular

khai ko is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Visa F1 canceled by mistak

Just sue the INS if they don't accept their mistake. YOu definitely can not afford to lose 4 months. Trust me, if they don't agree to let you in in your school, this is the best way to go. I would have done it had it been my problem. You will have the full support of your school and you will definitely find yourself in the right place.
INS is no big deal. It's just that the people have been afraid to step ahead when it comes to solving their problems regarding their visas and immigration.

I hate when some aspects of this american systems get stuck by the "virtue" of some of the p-sized american brains. And it gets disgusting when they refuse to admit their mistake. That's the time when they need to be dropped into Dante's innermost circle of Hell !
Old Jul 17th 2002, 6:20 pm
Recon

WORD BROTHA! LOL "khai ko" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Just sue the INS if they don't accept their mistake. YOu definitely can not afford
    > to lose 4 months. Trust me, if they don't agree to let you in in your school, this
    > is the best way to go. I would have done it had it been my problem. You will have
    > the full support of your school and you will definitely find yourself in the right
    > place. INS is no big deal. It's just that the people have been afraid to step ahead
    > when it comes to solving their problems regarding their visas and immigration.
    >
    > I hate when some aspects of this american systems get stuck by the "virtue" of some
    > of the p-sized american brains. And it gets disgusting when they refuse to admit
    > their mistake. That's the time when they need to be dropped into Dante's innermost
    > circle of Hell !
    >
    >
    >
    > --

Old Jul 19th 2002, 11:20 pm
Sylvia Ottemoel

Bernardo Franco wrote:

> If anyone knows what to do in this situation or is able to help me please let me
    > know. I am in the middle of a terrible situation. I transfer from School A to
    > School B last year. I spent 2 years in School A, and so far I have gone 1 year in
    > School B. Last year I went back home and when I was coming back, an INS officer at
    > the airport asked me a lot of questions about my transfering process and stuff, he
    > let me into the USA (all my papers were correct) but he canceled my visa. He wrote
    > CWOP on it.
    >
    > I talked to the International Office at School B and they agreed that it was a
    > mistake never seen before since you don't need a new visa if you transfer from
    > schools. The International Office contacted the INS and they even admited that it
    > was a mistake, however they are not willing to help me geting a new Visa. Their
    > only advise is to go back home and re-apply. However because of the situation in my
    > country, it is taking up to 4 months to proces a student visa, and I can't afford
    > to lose 4 months. Besides, it is to risky to go back and re-apply. I might not get
    > the visa.
    >
    > Could anyone please give me any advise or any clue on what to do?

INS does not have the power to help you get a visa; that is within the purview of the
State Department.

You can complete your degree without leaving the U.S. There is no requirement that
you possess a valid visa. If you want to travel outside the U.S., you have to decide
what is most important to you: finishing your degree or traveling outside the U.S.

I don't know if it will help at all, but there are many students who are in that
position. Many had F-1 visas that were only valid for 3 months in the first place,
and they dare not ever travel abroad until either they are willing to leave the
U.S. for good, or they are eligible for an H-1B visa or something else that allows
dual intent.