Visa Bulletin August 2010

Old Jul 12th 2010, 10:30 pm
Forum Regular

DMDA is a jewel in the roughDMDA is a jewel in the roughDMDA is a jewel in the roughDMDA is a jewel in the roughDMDA is a jewel in the rough
Default Visa Bulletin August 2010

I know there are a few users on here who are "family" based applicants (F1, F2A/B, etc) who might like to see the latest visa bulletin.

I check it monthly and in 2010 it has been racing forwards.

In January 2010 they were processing applications (in the general chargability areas) with a PD of 1st April 2004. The latest bulletin has just been released (August 2010) and they are now up to PD 1st August 2005.

I'm not going to question why it's moving forwards so quickly but will just keep my fingers crossed that it keeps doing it and doesn't stop for any reason!

Good luck to all those currently waiting.
Old Jul 27th 2010, 10:59 am
Just Joined

J1mboW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Visa Bulletin August 2010

My date became current last month, started filling in paper work and my parents have been paying fees. Its started to drag in for me as i'm just waiting to get over the last hurdle.
Old Jul 27th 2010, 5:13 pm
Forum Regular

DMDA is a jewel in the roughDMDA is a jewel in the roughDMDA is a jewel in the roughDMDA is a jewel in the roughDMDA is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by J1mboW
My date became current last month, started filling in paper work and my parents have been paying fees. Its started to drag in for me as i'm just waiting to get over the last hurdle.
Excellent, that's great news . Despite the forward progression I think I still have a few years to go.

There don't seem to be that many family (non marriage) posters on this forum, but it would be great to see your timelines if you get a chance to post them.

Good luck with the form filling!
Old Aug 1st 2010, 4:32 pm
Just Joined

msevey is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
I just come across this forum to get my self ready as we expect our PD date to come up soon. My sister and I are F2B - May 2005. Yes its been a bit of a surprise for us too as things have speeded up as we were not expecting anything to happen for a couple of years yet.

It will be interesting to see what the September Bulletin will say - available I think on the 15th August??
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by msevey
Hi
I just come across this forum to get my self ready as we expect our PD date to come up soon. My sister and I are F2B - May 2005. Yes its been a bit of a surprise for us too as things have speeded up as we were not expecting anything to happen for a couple of years yet.

It will be interesting to see what the September Bulletin will say - available I think on the 15th August??
Your category has moved forward almost two years in the last three months so I think there's a good chance that you'll hear something soon.

I'm not sure how long the process is from your PD becoming current to interview to visa though.

I think the bulletin is usually updated around 10th - 14th of each month.

Good luck!
Old Aug 4th 2010, 10:50 am
Just Joined

jonobaker is an unknown quantity at this point

This thread is very interesting as my wife and I are in the F4 category. My US citizen brother submitted our application in August 2006 at the California Service Centre (CSC) and it was approved in July last year.
Periodically I check what date the CSC is currently processing - at last check it was a date in 2002.
But now I see there is this Visa Bulletin Update each month which says my category is June 2001.
Which list should I go by?
Once a priorty date becomes current is it still a long wait before finally getting your visa? Are we talking more years or just months?
Also, I assumed that although processing dates might be moving quicker it wouldn't mean I'll get my visa any faster as they have a set quota for each year...or have I misunderstood how it works.
Regards
Jono

Last edited by jonobaker; Aug 4th 2010 at 10:56 am.
Old Aug 4th 2010, 12:06 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jonobaker
But now I see there is this Visa Bulletin Update each month which says my category is June 2001.
Priority dates go back and forth all the time. The correct one is the one listed in the current Bulletin.

Once a priorty date becomes current is it still a long wait before finally getting your visa?
Once your PD is current, you're (usually) about a year away from getting the visa.

I assumed that although processing dates might be moving quicker it wouldn't mean I'll get my visa any faster as they have a set quota for each year...or have I misunderstood how it works.
You will never know with any definiteness how far away you are... because you have no idea how many people are still in line ahead of you.

Ian
Old Aug 4th 2010, 5:04 pm
Forum Regular

Periodically I check what date the CSC is currently processing - at last check it was a date in 2002.
Which list should I go by?
The CSC list is separate to the Visa Bulletin. The CSC list gives an update regarding the applications that are waiting for approval.

Once approved your file is sent into storage until just before a visa number is due to become available. At that point it's forwarded to the NVC to be processed for the potential visa.

Currently the NVC is working on approved applications with a priority date of June 2001 or earlier...that is if you're not in Mexico (1994) or the Philippines (1990).

So, now that your application is approved you need to watch the Visa Bulletin and not the CSC page.
Old Aug 4th 2010, 6:06 pm
Just Joined

jonobaker is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the replies guys. That's things clearer in my mind.

Tho' it seems strange that if the CSC is only working on petitions from 2002 they shouldn't even have got to mine yet, yet they approved it last year and it was only submitted in 2006

My final query is about my case number. I have one, but the US immigration MY CASE STATUS page doesn't recognise it. It says 'Your case can not be found at this time'
Oh well, guess my application isn't current enough or something...

Thanks again
Jono
Old Aug 5th 2010, 3:55 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the replies guys. That's things clearer in my mind.

Tho' it seems strange that if the CSC is only working on petitions from 2002 they shouldn't even have got to mine yet, yet they approved it last year and it was only submitted in 2006

My final query is about my case number. I have one, but the US immigration MY CASE STATUS page doesn't recognise it. It says 'Your case can not be found at this time'
Oh well, guess my application isn't current enough or something...

Thanks again
Jono

approval just mean they believe you and thee petitioner are related ..nothing more
Old Dec 30th 2010, 8:56 pm
Just Joined

cherry2005 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile DMDA...pls answer!!

Hello!

Sorry DMDA if i get in touch with u in a post that is not the right one...but am desperatly seeking your help.

i read your post regarding Immigration with medical history, but i can't post there...

My husband won the dv this year and has a very very medical situation as u have....and has the same opportunity to do the check ups in an European coutry.

(I do believe u guys deserve the best after what u had...!)

what did u do? did u tell them or u kept quite?

Interview is very very close...i am in panic...

Last edited by cherry2005; Dec 30th 2010 at 9:29 pm.
Old Dec 30th 2010, 9:00 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DMDA...pls answer!!

Originally Posted by cherry2005
Hello!

Sorry i got in touch with u in a post that is not the right one...but am desperatly seeking your help.

i read your post regarding Immigration with medical history, but i can't post there...

My husband won the dv this year and has a very very medical situation as u have....and has the same opportunity to do the check ups in an European coutry.

(I do believe u guys deserve the best after what u had...!)

what did u do? did u tell them or u kept quite?

Interview is very very close...i am in panic...
whose post are you referring to ...
Old Dec 30th 2010, 9:29 pm
Just Joined

cherry2005 is an unknown quantity at this point

DMDA once posted this :

Immigration with medical history

but i accept help from anyone!