Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

which visa is best?? thankyou for advice

which visa is best?? thankyou for advice

Old Jan 10th 2004, 9:56 am
Just Joined

bubster is an unknown quantity at this point
Default which visa is best?? thankyou for advice

I am living with a very respectable family in the US at the mo. we moved here after living in france. they are US citizens one is deemed disabled and the other is 82 years old. I am looking after both of them. I am on the waiver program now and understand my time is coming up and must return to england, in order to keep the authorities sweet and to return with the right visa. I also am a boat captain a position that is a shortage where we are living and wish to pursue this employment. I would like to know which visa to apply for, The family is willing to sponser me and give full support. but if they apply for a H B1 visa, will they have to pay taxes on me as they are not paying a salary. Or is it simpler to come in on the b1 as a visitor or as domestic servant e.g. a cook. And go for an extension after the time allowance has expired. Or would it come under the speciality job criteria as the people would not have anyone else looking after them but myself. or do I apply for a immigrant visa because I feel they will be in the states for a year. do applications take longer if the visa is an immigrant visa.
is there ia visa in relation to setting up a company
is there a form you can fill in online to speed up the process if so what is it and how efficient.
will I have to get an interview for any visa as this is my first time. if so how long is the wait.
I suppose I wish to know which is the most efficient way as I will need to return to the States as soon as.
thankyou for your help.
Old Jan 10th 2004, 10:02 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: which visa is best?? thankyou for advice

Working on a visa waiver or a B-1or 2 with or without pay is strictly illegal...keep that info very quiet..
on a B-1 there are a few limited thing yo can do such as attend conferences, company meeting etc.. but very limited...