Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Visa Approved! With a little bit of drama.....:)

Visa Approved! With a little bit of drama.....:)

Old Jan 7th 2011, 10:33 am
Forum Regular

AlistairL is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa Approved! With a little bit of drama.....:)

So I'm just back from the Embassy having had my visa approved!

DCF Route.

I live in London so it was a lovely 20 minute bus ride from Clapham to Marble arch then a stroll down to the embassy.

Everything went extremely smooth apart from one minor blip on my part. I left the house not knowing I had my keys on me. I got to the security checkpoint and the guy said I couldnt bring them in. There was about 50 people behind me so I wasn't wanting to lose my place so I chucked them in a bush and somehow found them after my interview. Always a drama. Woops.

Anyway, whole process took me just over 4 months. I think I was a little quicker because I stated my departure date for end of January.

They never even asked me for my court record for careless driving nor did they question me about why I never remembered to state the conviction on a previous J1 visa.

Anyway thanks to everyone who helped me through it especially Noorah, Ian and Mauxnea. My tax questions must have drove you up the wall.

I'm sure I'll be back on here again asking questions when my wife gets a transfer back to the UK in a couple of years. HA!

Thanks again.
Old Jan 7th 2011, 1:02 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa Approved! With a little bit of drama.....:)

Originally Posted by AlistairL
I'm sure I'll be back on here again asking questions when my wife gets a transfer back to the UK in a couple of years. HA!
Congratulations!! Glad you found your keys afterwards, too!

Rene
Old Jan 7th 2011, 1:26 pm
Forum Regular

JupiterAndBeyond will become famous soon enough

That was a stroke of luck with the keys. I got really paranoid on my last Embassy interview for a B1 and left everything at Goulds including the RFID access badge for work! It felt strangely liberating not having a mobile phone or electronic gizmos for an hour or so...
Old Jan 7th 2011, 1:52 pm
Forum Regular

uknobby has much to be proud ofuknobby has much to be proud ofuknobby has much to be proud ofuknobby has much to be proud ofuknobby has much to be proud ofuknobby has much to be proud ofuknobby has much to be proud ofuknobby has much to be proud ofuknobby has much to be proud ofuknobby has much to be proud ofuknobby has much to be proud of

Haha Yup it feels like you have gone back 20 years no phone, no keys, no nothing lol Congrats on approval.
Old Jan 7th 2011, 2:00 pm
Forum Regular

IR1 alumni is an unknown quantity at this point

so how was the interview itself - they sisn't even mention the driving thing?
Old Jan 7th 2011, 2:00 pm
Forum Regular

IR1 alumni is an unknown quantity at this point

didn't, not sisn't...
Old Jan 7th 2011, 2:06 pm
Forum Regular

AlistairL is an unknown quantity at this point

They never asked me anything formal at all. When I went to the first window the person never even asked me for court record for the careless driving and the interviewer only asked what I'd be doing for work.

It couldn't have gone any easier. Thankfully.
Old Jan 7th 2011, 2:45 pm
C_C
Forum Regular

C_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud of

Congratulations!
Glad it all went so smoothly!!
Fingers crossed for the rest of us July and August filers who will be interviewing in the following month or so
Old Jan 7th 2011, 10:40 pm
Forum Regular

krosfyah is a name known to allkrosfyah is a name known to allkrosfyah is a name known to allkrosfyah is a name known to allkrosfyah is a name known to allkrosfyah is a name known to allkrosfyah is a name known to allkrosfyah is a name known to allkrosfyah is a name known to allkrosfyah is a name known to allkrosfyah is a name known to all

Originally Posted by AlistairL
So I'm just back from the Embassy having had my visa approved!

DCF Route.

I live in London so it was a lovely 20 minute bus ride from Clapham to Marble arch then a stroll down to the embassy.

Everything went extremely smooth apart from one minor blip on my part. I left the house not knowing I had my keys on me. I got to the security checkpoint and the guy said I couldnt bring them in. There was about 50 people behind me so I wasn't wanting to lose my place so I chucked them in a bush and somehow found them after my interview. Always a drama. Woops.

Anyway, whole process took me just over 4 months. I think I was a little quicker because I stated my departure date for end of January.

They never even asked me for my court record for careless driving nor did they question me about why I never remembered to state the conviction on a previous J1 visa.

Anyway thanks to everyone who helped me through it especially Noorah, Ian and Mauxnea. My tax questions must have drove you up the wall.

Thanks again.
Congrats! That's pretty funny about how you tossed the keys into a hedge LOL i probably would have done the same.