VISA APPROVED!!!!! (Frankfurt)

Old Jun 20th 2002, 12:20 pm
Kacey

Default VISA APPROVED!!!!! (Frankfurt)

Well, Basri had his interview in Frankfurt this morning. And was approved! For once,
something in this ordeal has gone smoothly!

Here's how it went for those who wish to know - as well as I can recall anyway, after
being woken up at 3:30 am by him to tell me all the details. hahaha

His interview was scheduled for 10:00am. He had not yet transferred the money for the
visa fee, so when he arrived in Frankfurt at 8:30 this morning, he first had to find
a bank to transfer the money. He then went to the post office to purchase $4 worth of
stamps (only to later find that they had a stamp machine inside the Consulate where
he could have purchased the stamps). He arrived at the consulate at
9:50am. Waited a couple minutes and was called to window 21, where he was asked to
give them two forms (the DS-156 and DS156K I believe) and one passport style photo
(he already had to give 3 passport photos to the doctor at his medical last
Friday). And she explained all the details about having to be married within 90
days of entry, and not leaving the US before obtaining advance parole, etc. Then he
was directed to sit again. A few minutes later, he was called to window 19 for the
actual interview. He was only asked a couple short questions: How did you meet?
(the guy seemed a bit shocked to hear we had met on the internet, but it wasn't a
problem) Have you ever seen each other in person? (again, he was a bit shocked to
hear that we had only visited each other in person once, but also was not a
problem) Are you married? Have you ever been married? (to this, Basri quickly
responded no, but that I had been. This seemed to confuse the man a bit, so Basri
had to explain a little bit - it seems he thought Basri meant that HE actually had
been married. But that was all cleared up in about a minute). Then he was asked to
sign a statement saying that he was not involved in any terrorist groups, etc. The
gentleman then said "we will send your visa as soon as we receive your medical
results". That was it! woohooo (just hope that doctor in Frankfurt doesn't cause
any additional delays, and the medical results are already in the mail!) Basri also
asked what he was suppose to do with the x-ray that he had been given by the
doctor. He was told to pack it in his suitcase, and that he should be asked to
present it when he arrives in the US. He left the consulate at 10:10! The entire
thing only took 20 minutes!!

He is going to go ahead and take the original flight we had booked - even though we
had the issue with the transit visa. Thanks to those who posted replies to my posts
on that. I am planning to call the London Heathrow airport today just to confirm that
he will have no problems receiving the Transit visa there - but it looks like it
should all be ok. So, we will be together on July 3rd!!!!!!!!

And then I'm sure I'll be back to ask a ton more questions about the next steps,
since I'm still not totally clear on what all we will have to do once he arrives
here. Back to the research.

Thanks to everyone who has offered advise, and good wishes. And the best of luck to
those who are still going through the process! I will try to return the kindness/help
I have received here by offering it to those going through this after me.

Kristen

Old Jun 20th 2002, 1:24 pm
Forum Regular

swoosh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: VISA APPROVED!!!!! (Frankfurt)

Hi Kristen,

Thanks for sharing Basri's experience with us. Sounds like the interview was a piece of cake =) and I am very glad it all went well and he got his visa.

All the best!
Jeannine
Old Jun 20th 2002, 11:28 pm
Forum Regular

jcsutton has a brilliant futurejcsutton has a brilliant futurejcsutton has a brilliant futurejcsutton has a brilliant futurejcsutton has a brilliant futurejcsutton has a brilliant future

Very Groovy, congratulations ya'll. Our approval in South Africa went well this week too. A good week for approvals it seems....Good luck...Jerry and Paula.....
Old Jun 25th 2002, 9:20 pm
Betastar

On 20 Jun 2002 04:28:46 -0700, [email protected] (kacey) wrote:

>Well, Basri had his interview in Frankfurt this morning. And was approved! For once,
    >something in this ordeal has gone smoothly!

Hooray ! Congratulations!

>He left the consulate at 10:10! The entire thing only took 20 minutes!!

Amazing! =)