Visa Approved!

Old Jul 3rd 2010, 7:12 am
Forum Regular

SuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to all
Default Visa Approved!

Got my L1-A visa approved yesterday at the US Embassy in London.

Was much more straight forward than I anticipated and the stress was uncalled for... Glad its over though.

House sorted in Lakewood Ranch, FL. Move date August 1st. Cant wait
Old Jul 3rd 2010, 7:34 am
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa Approved!

Congratulations! Fantabulous news.
Old Jul 3rd 2010, 7:48 am
Mrs O

MrsOwen is just really niceMrsOwen is just really niceMrsOwen is just really niceMrsOwen is just really niceMrsOwen is just really niceMrsOwen is just really niceMrsOwen is just really niceMrsOwen is just really nice

Great news and congrats. Our interview i next friday at 8am.

What questions did they ask??
Old Jul 4th 2010, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

SuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to all

Originally Posted by MrsOwen
Great news and congrats. Our interview i next friday at 8am.

What questions did they ask??
Was all very straight forward to be honest, just asked me to tell them about my job and that was it. I had a 300 page document from my lawyers to support the application and they didn't even look at it.

Was a breeze although I wasn't expecting it to be!
Old Jul 4th 2010, 1:19 pm
Just Joined

shoes25 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Visa Approved!

Originally Posted by SuperOwls

Was much more straight forward than I anticipated and the stress was uncalled for... Glad its over though.

HOW LONG DID IT TAKE TO GET YOUR VISA FROM START TO FINISH ? I AM AT THE STAGE WHERE MY APPLICATION HAS BEEN APROVED AN MY BROTHER IS WAITING TO SEND HIS PROOF OF SUPPORT.::
Old Jul 4th 2010, 3:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

English Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shoes25

HOW LONG DID IT TAKE TO GET YOUR VISA FROM START TO FINISH ? I AM AT THE STAGE WHERE MY APPLICATION HAS BEEN APROVED AN MY BROTHER IS WAITING TO SEND HIS PROOF OF SUPPORT.::
The OPs visa is totally different to yours so it's pointless comparing times.
Old Jul 4th 2010, 9:34 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shoes25
HOW LONG DID IT TAKE TO GET YOUR VISA FROM START TO FINISH ?
1) Your visa is a different type. The L-1 visa took a few months from start to finish... yours will take about 12-15 years.

2) Please do not SHOUT... it's inappropriate, and considered rude.

Ian
Old Jul 7th 2010, 2:42 am
Forum Regular

Bladerunner is a glorious beacon of lightBladerunner is a glorious beacon of lightBladerunner is a glorious beacon of lightBladerunner is a glorious beacon of lightBladerunner is a glorious beacon of lightBladerunner is a glorious beacon of lightBladerunner is a glorious beacon of lightBladerunner is a glorious beacon of lightBladerunner is a glorious beacon of lightBladerunner is a glorious beacon of lightBladerunner is a glorious beacon of light

I beleive they have a Hillsboro in Florida too, that's probably a lot more entertaining than the one back home

Old Jul 7th 2010, 1:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bladerunner
I beleive they have a Hillsboro in Florida too, that's probably a lot more entertaining than the one back home

Well it cant be any worse can it!
Old Jul 13th 2010, 5:35 pm
Spouse of Resident Alien

White-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud of

Was all very straight forward to be honest, just asked me to tell them about my job and that was it. I had a 300 page document from my lawyers to support the application and they didn't even look at it.

Was a breeze although I wasn't expecting it to be!
We've just got back from OH's L1 / my L2 interview at the US Embassy in Paris. It too was pretty straightforward - 2 hours 20 mins start to finish and approved immediately. However, because of the 'Special Relationship' that the UK has with America, we had to pay a premium for my L2 - an extra $105. Thieving gypsies.

We're really on our way now - due to fly on 2nd or 3rd August. Yippee! can't wait...
Old Jul 13th 2010, 6:47 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by White-ishRose
We've just got back from OH's L1 / my L2 interview at the US Embassy in Paris. It too was pretty straightforward - 2 hours 20 mins start to finish and approved immediately. However, because of the 'Special Relationship' that the UK has with America, we had to pay a premium for my L2 - an extra $105. Thieving gypsies.

We're really on our way now - due to fly on 2nd or 3rd August. Yippee! can't wait...
Just to clarify, that would be mutually thieving gypsies, right?

Issuance Fees

Nationals of certain countries are required to pay an issuance fee in order for an approved visa to be issued. Fees are based on reciprocity and reflect the charges levied by the applicant's government to a U.S. citizen for a similar service. Note: The only issuance fees charged to a British Citizen passport holder is for the L-2 and E-1/E-2 visas.

Happy travels!
Old Jul 13th 2010, 7:15 pm
Spouse of Resident Alien

White-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by meauxna
Just to clarify, that would be mutually thieving gypsies, right?

Issuance Fees

Nationals of certain countries are required to pay an issuance fee in order for an approved visa to be issued. Fees are based on reciprocity and reflect the charges levied by the applicant's government to a U.S. citizen for a similar service. Note: The only issuance fees charged to a British Citizen passport holder is for the L-2 and E-1/E-2 visas.

Happy travels!
... naming no names - all governments can apply for the title!
Old Jul 17th 2010, 11:03 am
Spouse of Resident Alien

just an update - passports back here this morning.

Interview on Tuesday, passports on Saturday - and in a week with 14th July (when France shuts for the day) - not bad eh?
Old Jul 19th 2010, 7:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

HarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond repute
Red face Re: Visa Approved!

just an update - passports back here this morning.

Interview on Tuesday, passports on Saturday - and in a week with 14th July (when France shuts for the day) - not bad eh?
Perhaps you were refering to "Paris, Texas"...

Congrats & good luck!

Cheers

Harry
Old Jul 19th 2010, 7:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

HarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Visa Approved!

Congrats & good luck!

Cheers

Harry