visa approved!

Old Mar 11th 2009, 6:10 pm
Forum Regular

Slinky is just really niceSlinky is just really niceSlinky is just really niceSlinky is just really niceSlinky is just really niceSlinky is just really niceSlinky is just really niceSlinky is just really niceSlinky is just really nice
Smile visa approved!

Hi, we had our visa appointment yesterday at the london embassy and thankfully it went vey well and visa's were approved(l1a and l2's).
Our appointment was at 10 am,we arrived at the Marble arch tube station at around 9 am.We handed over our phone at the Gould pharmacy for safekeeping(charge £5 ).We then made our way to the embassy.There were around 100 people outside in the que.
The security people were going along the line asking if everyone had left keys,fobs,phones etc.
First check was by the security people outside,they checked paper work,photos,passports(photo booth inside was not working).Had to remove belts,coins keys and place them in to a plastic bag provided.
Then we moved along the line after around 20 mins we reached the second check point,the appointment letter and passports were checked again,after this we were sent in to the security cabin for the metal detector type machine and x ray of bags.
Then we were sent around the building to the entry doors(up some stairs).
Here application forms(ds-156 and ds-157) were checked and the all important barcoded stickers were given!
We had to wait around 45 mins for the first announcement,here we gave all the paperwork,photos,passports.The young guy checked the forms and asked us to go and pay the $500 fraud fee and then he put all the paperwork in to a wallet and asked us to give the wallet and reciept for the fraud fee to another window.
After we handed the paperwork over we were told to wait for our number to be called again,this took around 30 mins.
This was the interview!!!!My husband got asked 3 questions about his job,company he works for.I was asked how i feel about the move and that was it,we heard the magic words "I have approved all the visas",I could not stop smiling!
After this we had to pay a l2 processing fee of $102 for each of the L2 visas.
Then we went to the delivery desk and arranged to have the pasports delivered( £36).
And that was it,time 11.30 am!
We have the removal guys coming for a quote tomorrow so its all systems go!
Thanks all of u who have helped,i hope this will help someone.
I am sure i will be back asking for advice before we go!
Old Mar 11th 2009, 6:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

keira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: visa approved!

Congrats Slinky. It's really exciting isn't it? I can remember my interview. It's nerve-wracking before hand but afterwards you think... what was I worried about?

Now it's just nice to start planning the big move. Exciting times!

Where are you moving to?
Old Mar 11th 2009, 6:16 pm
UK>Bay Area, CA>UK

Chrissywissy100 has much to be proud ofChrissywissy100 has much to be proud ofChrissywissy100 has much to be proud ofChrissywissy100 has much to be proud ofChrissywissy100 has much to be proud ofChrissywissy100 has much to be proud ofChrissywissy100 has much to be proud ofChrissywissy100 has much to be proud ofChrissywissy100 has much to be proud ofChrissywissy100 has much to be proud ofChrissywissy100 has much to be proud of

Congrats Slinky!! Its a very exciting moment isnt it!

It kind of left me wondering what I was worried about. I certainly thought we were going to be interrogated under bright lights having only been married 3 months!

Hope all goes fantastically for you!
Old Mar 11th 2009, 6:18 pm
Forum Regular

Slinky is just really niceSlinky is just really niceSlinky is just really niceSlinky is just really niceSlinky is just really niceSlinky is just really niceSlinky is just really niceSlinky is just really niceSlinky is just really nice
Smile Re: visa approved!

Originally Posted by keira-2007
Congrats Slinky. It's really exciting isn't it? I can remember my interview. It's nerve-wracking before hand but afterwards you think... what was I worried about?

Now it's just nice to start planning the big move. Exciting times!

Where are you moving to?
Hi,you are right I was so nervous,but after I was like no big deal!
We are moving to Arkansas!(don't say anything!)
Old Mar 11th 2009, 6:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

rebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations

It all seemed very 'real' to us after we'd had the visa approval - you can really get on and plan the move.
Old Mar 11th 2009, 6:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

keira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Slinky
I wasn't going to say a thing!

(But to be honest my US geography is a bit lacking! All I really know about it is that it's pronounced Arkansaw, right? Other than that, I know nothing!! Is it a bit hillbilly-ish? )
Old Mar 11th 2009, 6:57 pm
Just Joined

Starbucks is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, we had our visa appointment yesterday at the london embassy and thankfully it went vey well and visa's were approved(l1a and l2's).
Our appointment was at 10 am,we arrived at the Marble arch tube station at around 9 am.We handed over our phone at the Gould pharmacy for safekeeping(charge £5 ).We then made our way to the embassy.There were around 100 people outside in the que.
The security people were going along the line asking if everyone had left keys,fobs,phones etc.
First check was by the security people outside,they checked paper work,photos,passports(photo booth inside was not working).Had to remove belts,coins keys and place them in to a plastic bag provided.
Then we moved along the line after around 20 mins we reached the second check point,the appointment letter and passports were checked again,after this we were sent in to the security cabin for the metal detector type machine and x ray of bags.
Then we were sent around the building to the entry doors(up some stairs).
Here application forms(ds-156 and ds-157) were checked and the all important barcoded stickers were given!
We had to wait around 45 mins for the first announcement,here we gave all the paperwork,photos,passports.The young guy checked the forms and asked us to go and pay the $500 fraud fee and then he put all the paperwork in to a wallet and asked us to give the wallet and reciept for the fraud fee to another window.
After we handed the paperwork over we were told to wait for our number to be called again,this took around 30 mins.
This was the interview!!!!My husband got asked 3 questions about his job,company he works for.I was asked how i feel about the move and that was it,we heard the magic words "I have approved all the visas",I could not stop smiling!
After this we had to pay a l2 processing fee of $102 for each of the L2 visas.
Then we went to the delivery desk and arranged to have the pasports delivered( £36).
And that was it,time 11.30 am!
We have the removal guys coming for a quote tomorrow so its all systems go!
Thanks all of u who have helped,i hope this will help someone.
I am sure i will be back asking for advice before we go!
congrats, the easy part is now over. Once you arrive make sure that your renewal is done properly and that you meet all the requirements for renewal.
Old Mar 11th 2009, 7:32 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!

Now you've got me curious though.. is your employer a giant multinational in N Ark? Named Sam?
Old Mar 11th 2009, 7:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

caleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond repute

:$500 fraud fee

Is that a new thing? I have not seen that before.
Old Mar 11th 2009, 8:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

rebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caleyjag
Is that a new thing? I have not seen that before.
We had to pay the same thing when we applied for our L visas last April. I think it applies to both L and H visas. Not sure when it was introduced though.
Old Mar 11th 2009, 9:03 pm
Forum Regular

Smile Re: visa approved!

Thanks guys for all your kind words
I hope we can get everything done in time and yes it does finally feel real!
Before we had the visa we felt like we could not make any descisions as it might not happen,but now we can and it feels scary
Old Mar 11th 2009, 9:04 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by meauxna
Congratulations!

Now you've got me curious though.. is your employer a giant multinational in N Ark? Named Sam?
No its not Sam
Old Mar 11th 2009, 11:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Vimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations, see it wasn't all that bad after all.

I am sure you will have all sorts of practical questions going forward, as you know we are all here with advice and support.