Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Visa Approval Timeline VSC, Helsinki

Visa Approval Timeline VSC, Helsinki

Old Apr 25th 2002, 12:10 am
Barbara

Default Visa Approval Timeline VSC, Helsinki

My Fiancé was approved today for a K1 at the Helsinki Consulate in Finland. I have no
clue about the interview experience, having not yet had a chance to talk about it,
but can share the timeline and some of the documentation.

1/30/2002 Sent initial I129F to VSC
1/31/2002 First NOA, which says they received the I129 on 2/22/2002.
1/32/2002 Second NOA, Approval! Valid from 3/15 to 7/15 stating that the consulate
was notified by Cable.
1/33/2002 Fiancé receives scavenger hunt list from Consulate
1/34/2002 After reading about cultural differences and homesickness....Located an
online source for Tyrkusk Pebers!
1/35/2002 Fiancé goes to lab for testing. Is told by doctor to await results before
going to physical.
1/36/2002 Physical
1/37/2002 Interview at Consulate. Fiancé could not get any earlier date, though he
did call and ask if there was an opening. Fiancé was informed to pick up the
envelope the next morning.

Proof of relationship consisted of a single picture of us together, lots of boarding
passes from visits, and boarding passes from a trip we took together which showed
both our names as well as our seats (next to each other). No money oriented anything,
no emails...and definitely not the contents of any personal communications. K-One
chapter closes...AOS chapter begins....

My continued thanks to all who post here. Your help is like a lifeline in a sea of
beaurocratic caca! ...and yes I will post the timeline to the appropriate places...I
have the list and will be sure to use it!

Old Apr 25th 2002, 7:10 am
Swoosh

Default Re: Visa Approval Timeline VSC, Helsinki

Congratulations Barbara and thanks for posting your timeline. All the best to you and
your fiance. I hope he gets to come and join you soon
=).

Jeannine

Barbara <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > My Fiancé was approved today for a K1 at the Helsinki Consulate in Finland. I have
    > no clue about the interview experience, having not yet had a chance to talk about
    > it, but can share the timeline and some of the documentation.
    >
    > 1/30/2002 Sent initial I129F to VSC
    > 3/6/2002 First NOA, which says they received the I129 on 2/22/2002.
    > 3/15/2002 Second NOA, Approval! Valid from 3/15 to 7/15 stating that the consulate
    > was notified by Cable.
    > 3/22/2002 Fiancé receives scavenger hunt list from Consulate
    > 3/23/2002 After reading about cultural differences and homesickness....Located an
    > online source for Tyrkusk Pebers!
    > 3/26/2002 Fiancé goes to lab for testing. Is told by doctor to await results before
    > going to physical.
    > 4/10/2002 Physical
    > 4/23/2002 Interview at Consulate. Fiancé could not get any earlier date, though he
    > did call and ask if there was an opening. Fiancé was informed to pick up the
    > envelope the next morning.
    >
    >
    > Proof of relationship consisted of a single picture of us together, lots of
    > boarding passes from visits, and boarding passes from a trip we took together which
    > showed both our names as well as our seats (next to each other). No money oriented
    > anything, no emails...and definitely not the contents of any personal
    > communications. K-One chapter closes...AOS chapter begins....
    >
    > My continued thanks to all who post here. Your help is like a lifeline in a sea of
    > beaurocratic caca! ...and yes I will post the timeline to the appropriate
    > places...I have the list and will be sure to use it!