Visa Annotation

Old Nov 27th 2006, 12:35 pm
Just Joined

jkcn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa Annotation

Hi guys. My visa has an annotation: "to ny city with mom and sibling". I'm going to ny with my mother and sister but we are getting a connection flight at miami. Does anyone know if this can be a problem?
Old Nov 27th 2006, 1:33 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Visa Annotation

Originally Posted by jkcn
Hi guys. My visa has an annotation: "to ny city with mom and sibling". I'm going to ny with my mother and sister but we are getting a connection flight at miami. Does anyone know if this can be a problem?
Hi:

What kind of problem? You seem to be matching the annotation.
Old Nov 27th 2006, 5:58 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

What kind of problem? You seem to be matching the annotation.
Hi,
I'm not getting in the US through NY, I'm getting through Miami and then I'll go to NY.
I don't see any problem but I read somewhere someone saying that could only get in through the state in the annotation... :/
Old Nov 27th 2006, 6:38 pm
Account Closed

Hi,
I'm not getting in the US through NY, I'm getting through Miami and then I'll go to NY.
I don't see any problem but I read somewhere someone saying that could only get in through the state in the annotation... :/
Hi:

If you have the continuation ticket, I don't see a problem. I read the annotation as being for the destination and not the Port of Entry. Also, those annotations are NOT binding on the POE inspector -- they are simply advisory. Also, many DS-156 applications are not available on-line to the CBP person at the POE.

I understand your nervousness inasmuch you must have a difficult case to merit that annotation. But, from what you post, it does not appear to be a problem unless you are NOT going to New York.
Old Nov 28th 2006, 3:54 pm
Just Joined

Hi:

If you have the continuation ticket, I don't see a problem. I read the annotation as being for the destination and not the Port of Entry. Also, those annotations are NOT binding on the POE inspector -- they are simply advisory. Also, many DS-156 applications are not available on-line to the CBP person at the POE.

I understand your nervousness inasmuch you must have a difficult case to merit that annotation. But, from what you post, it does not appear to be a problem unless you are NOT going to New York.
Thanks.
I am going to NY... Do you know what is the stangest thing? The guy that gave me the visa asked for NO documents besides my college ID card (I'm a 21 year-old-student). My interview lasted like less than 5 minutes. He only asked me to present the college ID card and asked what my father does for living. I don't know if the problem is with my country of origin (Brazil)...

I've already taken 1 visa to the US and I travel very frequently to many countrys. Really did not understand the annotation. If he had any doubt, could have asked me to present documents... :/
Old Nov 28th 2006, 4:12 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks.
I am going to NY... Do you know what is the stangest thing? The guy that gave me the visa asked for NO documents besides my college ID card (I'm a 21 year-old-student). My interview lasted like less than 5 minutes. He only asked me to present the college ID card and asked what my father does for living. I don't know if the problem is with my country of origin (Brazil)...

I've already taken 1 visa to the US and I travel very frequently to many countrys. Really did not understand the annotation. If he had any doubt, could have asked me to present documents... :/

Doubts, no. He was just making sure that you don't stay in the US, get married and apply for a green card.
Old Nov 28th 2006, 4:42 pm
Account Closed

Thanks.

Hi:

In order to issue the visa, he had to be convinced beyond all doubt. The statute imposes a higher standard than that required for a capital conviction! Go figure. But he did have concerns -- if you deviate from those plans, THEN doubts will arise.

BTW, the mention of Brazil should lessen concern -- Miami and Houston are the major POE's for flights to and from South America.
Old Nov 28th 2006, 5:54 pm
Just Joined

Hi:

In order to issue the visa, he had to be convinced beyond all doubt. The statute imposes a higher standard than that required for a capital conviction! Go figure. But he did have concerns -- if you deviate from those plans, THEN doubts will arise.

BTW, the mention of Brazil should lessen concern -- Miami and Houston are the major POE's for flights to and from South America.

Thank you for the help! As I guess I'm matching the annotation (I read it as you do - as destination) I hope I don't have any problem.
But it seemed so contradictory to me: "easy visa/restricted entry".
Anyway, doesn't matter why it was made like this, I just want to enjoy my vacation without any headache...
Old Nov 29th 2006, 2:20 am
Account Closed

Thank you for the help! As I guess I'm matching the annotation (I read it as you do - as destination) I hope I don't have any problem.
But it seemed so contradictory to me: "easy visa/restricted entry".
Anyway, doesn't matter why it was made like this, I just want to enjoy my vacation without any headache...
Hi:

The annotation is NOT a "restriction" but is an indication of what you told the ConOff in applying for the visa. BTW, it can be a favorable factor if you think about it -- the ConOff is telling the POE inspector that "I had no problem because traveling with mom and sibling."

You give your age but not your gender -- I can see problems with non-immigrant intent on unmarried 21-year olds, particularly young women, particularly young women from Brazil.
Old Nov 29th 2006, 4:50 am
Voltes34

"Folinskyinla" <member4043@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected] m...
    |

|
Also, many DS-156 applications are not available on-
    | line to the CBP person at the POE.
    |

This is NOT quite correct. Most CBP inspectors have access to the DOS
website ( Consular Consolidated Database ) to verify visa applications and
history.
The number of applications, denials, reasons, etc are readily available to
most CBP inspectors who cares to access it.

Old Nov 29th 2006, 1:53 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Voltes34
"Folinskyinla" <member4043@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected] m...
    |

|
Also, many DS-156 applications are not available on-
    | line to the CBP person at the POE.
    |

This is NOT quite correct. Most CBP inspectors have access to the DOS
website ( Consular Consolidated Database ) to verify visa applications and
history.
The number of applications, denials, reasons, etc are readily available to
most CBP inspectors who cares to access it.
Hi:

I know they have access to DS-156's, just not all. Also, I understand that the software has been a bit on the buggy side -- which can cause problems when the POE has to clear six 747's that just landed.