Viewing Case on USCIS Website

Old Apr 24th 2009, 6:54 pm
Forum Regular

jetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud of
Default Viewing Case on USCIS Website

Finally, they've got it on there!! Just today, showing pending of course, but there's something satisfying about actually seeing it rather than the error message that's been there for the last 3 months+!

Does this mean someone's actually picked it up and started looking it? Or is it just random? Is this another one of those things that none of us will ever know we just have to keep waiting and hoping!?

I have visions of some poor underpaid unenthusiastic person in a office in Vermont starting to flick through the paper copy of our relationship...just another case in the pile...little or no concept of the anticipation with which we all sit here!!!
Old Apr 24th 2009, 7:01 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Viewing Case on USCIS Website

Originally Posted by jetbedlam
Finally, they've got it on there!! Just today, showing pending of course, but there's something satisfying about actually seeing it rather than the error message that's been there for the last 3 months+!

Does this mean someone's actually picked it up and started looking it? Or is it just random? Is this another one of those things that none of us will ever know we just have to keep waiting and hoping!?

I have visions of some poor underpaid unenthusiastic person in a office in Vermont starting to flick through the paper copy of our relationship...just another case in the pile...little or no concept of the anticipation with which we all sit here!!!
Hi:

Posted 27 hours ago: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...85#post7508885
Old Apr 24th 2009, 7:19 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

No, it means that the online system is back up for you.
Looking around, it appears that others with a similar receipt date to you are starting to see approvals (January Vermont I-129f filings), so fingers crossed for you. Just don't go crazy clock-watching.

If you get in the habit of writing your dates US style, it will be easier for people to compare with you. (ok, easier for me to read the first time).
Old Apr 24th 2009, 7:43 pm
Forum Regular

jetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by meauxna
Looking around, it appears that others with a similar receipt date to you are starting to see approvals (January Vermont I-129f filings), so fingers crossed for you. Just don't go crazy clock-watching.
I'm doing my best not to clock watch, or I get stressed about it. Good to know something might be happening though, but now I feel pretty unprepared if the approval does come through, I read about it all at the beginning but it's all kind of fallen out the other side of my brain since!!...got a lot on my plate at the moment but really need to get the prep for the packet 3 on the go or I'll kick myself if Vermont surprise me!

If you get in the habit of writing your dates US style, it will be easier for people to compare with you. (ok, easier for me to read the first time).
Nooo, don't make me give in!!!

Sorry, I was being stubborn! I will fix

Last edited by jetbedlam; Apr 24th 2009 at 7:48 pm.
Old Apr 24th 2009, 7:59 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I'm doing my best not to clock watch, or I get stressed about it.
Good idea. Following the processing dates is the first step on the road to madness. The second step is actually beliving those processing dates bear any resemblance to reality. I won't tell you about the third and final step... suffice to say that strong men have been reduced to quivvering masses of jelly!

Ian
Old Apr 24th 2009, 8:18 pm
Forum Regular

Ian, I know exactly what you mean!

How's the signature?? You guys get it now?
Old Apr 24th 2009, 8:22 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Ian, I know exactly what you mean!

Lovely.

thanks!
Old Apr 24th 2009, 8:23 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Much better! I can read that and not have to think about it.

Ian
Old Apr 24th 2009, 8:25 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Much better! I can read that and not have to think about it.
Yeah, but I can't...I get brain melt when I see dates like that...I guess I'm gonna have to get used to it though!! The 1st of the 15th...err....that's not a month!!?? Doh!!
Old Apr 24th 2009, 8:28 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, but I can't...I get brain melt when I see dates like that...I guess I'm gonna have to get used to it though!! The 1st of the 15th...err....that's not a month!!?? Doh!!
Hi:

BTW, when you get to the STATE Department forms, they do not use 4/24/2009 -- rather it will be 24 Apr 2009. Before automated forms I used this format as the least confusing -- I had also gotten used to it in the Army.
Old Apr 25th 2009, 3:58 am
Forum Regular

Bloody hell....we've actually been approved!! Chris just phoned me (yes it's nearly 5am for me) to tell me he got an email!

I'm in a mixed state of good, good feelings and shock realisation that I'm not particularly prepared for this as I was expecting it to take so much longer!!! Argh!! Police certificate request will be sent tomorrow then!!

But YAY all the same...there's no chance I'm getting back to sleep now!!!

Last edited by jetbedlam; Apr 25th 2009 at 4:02 am.
Old Apr 25th 2009, 5:34 pm

ahem.

I should work on commission, *clearly* I caused your approval!

Congratulations. Now get busy!
Old Apr 25th 2009, 5:50 pm
Forum Regular

How much do I owe you?

Getting busy!!! About to fill in my police certificate forms...

Woo!!!
Old Apr 25th 2009, 6:02 pm
Forum Regular

Saito has much to be proud ofSaito has much to be proud ofSaito has much to be proud ofSaito has much to be proud ofSaito has much to be proud ofSaito has much to be proud ofSaito has much to be proud ofSaito has much to be proud ofSaito has much to be proud ofSaito has much to be proud ofSaito has much to be proud of

Congratulations!