Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Very easy AOS in Jacksonville on the 14th but very confussed please help

Very easy AOS in Jacksonville on the 14th but very confussed please help

Old Nov 15th 2005, 11:27 am
BE Forum Addict

adjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Very easy AOS in Jacksonville on the 14th but very confussed please help

Hello guys.
I just had my AOS interview yesterday (November 14th 2005 12:30pm in Jacksonville FL)
Well, lets start from the beggining. Me and my wife were spending the weekend at her moms house in Palm Bay (we live in Ganesville FL). On monday morning we woke up at 4:30am got ready and headed to Jacksonville 200 miles from her moms, the reason why we had to leave so early its because our attorney was flying from Tampa to Jacksonville and we had to pick her up at the airport. We made it to Jacksonville about 8:25am went to breakfast with our attorney and had nice talk with her., time was flying fast and it was already 11:30 so we decide to drive to the USCIS, we arrive there about 11:50, went thru security and droped my interview letter in that box. we sat down and waited at 12:23 the door open, a man in his 40's called my name and we went inside his office, before we sat down he made us to swear that everything we will say will be nothing but the truth. than he told us to sit down, told us his name and that he is going to interview us. He opened my file on his desk and looked. Than assked me for my driver license passport and my wifes driver license. Than silence again and he just looked in my file, than he just asked me whats my name and wanted me to spell it. Silence again. Than he looked at us and asked if we both live at the address we said yes we are married right? lol he laughed. Silence again, than he asked for joint things we hand that to him he went thru it really quick and said excellent i like that and smiled. Silence again. than he closed my file and said, You are approved MR.. but i wouldnt be able to stampe your passport because your FBI check still didnt came back. But it shouldnt take too long and once we have it you will recieve approval notice in the mail. THAT WAS IT!!!!! than he said You guys have any questions for me we said no, he said ok you are free to go. (the whole interview was 7 minutes!!!!.

But I need your help guys,
How can I be approved without FBI check pending
Why he didnt asked me to give gim my EAD back
why he didnt ask about our marriage or the usual questions
How long it will take to clear the damn FBI check (we filed for AOS in June)
Please help me!
Can I go and get my passport stamp after the approval and where do i have to return my EAD?

The last question he asked if I was ever arrested. The whole interview was only 7 minutes my attorney said that was the easiest she ever had. Please guys help me with the questions I asked thank you.
Old Nov 15th 2005, 12:07 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Very easy AOS in Jacksonville on the 14th but very confussed please help

Originally Posted by milan79
The last question he asked if I was ever arrested. The whole interview was only 7 minutes my attorney said that was the easiest she ever had. Please guys help me with the questions I asked thank you.
Sounds like a perfectly normal interview....now just the wait for the welcome to the US letter which should arrive anytime between one and one hundred weeks..
Old Nov 15th 2005, 1:11 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Very easy AOS in Jacksonville on the 14th but very confussed please help

Hello guys.
I just had my AOS interview yesterday (November 14th 2005 12:30pm in Jacksonville FL),
You were not approved. The interview was successful but the final approval has not yet occurred and will not until your security check is passed.

[qoute]Why he didnt asked me to give gim my EAD back[/quote]

Because you are not approved and therefore still need an EAD to work.

What did you want him to ask you. I'm confused. He asked what needed to be asked by obtaining your documentation as to the financial proof of your marriage and your living arrangements. That is basically all anyone is asked about and for.

June of this year? Wow that was super fast. It could be one week, it could be one month, it could be one year before you hear anything. It is not just the security clearance being returned, it is having the CIS act on it once it is returned. Therein lies most of the delays.

Please help me!
Can I go and get my passport stamp after the approval and where do i have to return my EAD?
When you are finally approved and obtain your green card you will not have to return the EAD it will just expire and that is the end of that.

Curious though. You have an attorney. You paid money for her services and yet you are asking your questions here. Did you not ask her those questions when you drove her back to the airport? Why did you not ask those questions of the examiner at the interview when he asked if you had any questions.

Don't have a problem giving you what little I know but really you had two perfect opportunities to get the information from the horse's mouth and yet you didn't.

Good luck.

Rete

Last edited by Rete; Nov 15th 2005 at 1:14 pm.
Old Nov 15th 2005, 1:12 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello guys.

Why he didnt asked me to give gim my EAD back
Please help me!

Hi:

What he said was that you case is approved in all respects except that they can't make the final approval until that last detail is taken.

Since your case does not have a final approval, you NEED that EAD. You would be upset if he took it.

Lack of questions? It happens. You probably looked like a normal married couple, your documents were in order -- the deep questions occurr when there is a "red flag" of doubt.

Once the FBI & IP is clear, it will be easy to compute the length of time. Before then, any answer will be pure speculation.

Once you are approved, you can get the PP stamped, but it isn't strictly necessary unless you need new proof of employment authorization or need to travel. These days the I-551's seem to come fairly quickly after final adjuciation.
Old Nov 15th 2005, 3:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

adjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

What he said was that you case is approved in all respects except that they can't make the final approval until that last detail is taken.

Since your case does not have a final approval, you NEED that EAD. You would be upset if he took it.

Lack of questions? It happens. You probably looked like a normal married couple, your documents were in order -- the deep questions occurr when there is a "red flag" of doubt.

Once the FBI & IP is clear, it will be easy to compute the length of time. Before then, any answer will be pure speculation.

Once you are approved, you can get the PP stamped, but it isn't strictly necessary unless you need new proof of employment authorization or need to travel. These days the I-551's seem to come fairly quickly after final adjuciation.

Thank you guys for all your info, thanks soooooo much, Now I just have to wait for the approval letter. Lord have mercy lol, I talked to my attorney and she did answer all my questions but I just wanted to make sure here too cause you people are great. Thanks again
Old Nov 15th 2005, 4:01 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you guys for all your info, thanks soooooo much, Now I just have to wait for the approval letter. Lord have mercy lol, I talked to my attorney and she did answer all my questions but I just wanted to make sure here too cause you people are great. Thanks again
Hi Milan,

I was wondering how it went for you. I'm glad it was short and sweet, and semi-successful. Now just wait for the welcome letter and green card in the mail. Remember, the FBI check was one thing I kept telling you would hold up the approval, and that's exactly what happened.

A word of caution. Don't come back soon asking when you'll hear about the FBI check. It could take weeks or even months. Just sit back and live your daily life, and don't stress about it.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Nov 15th 2005, 4:11 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Okay ... now go do what Momma Rene told you ... enjoy living your life and put CIS on the back burner for at least six months.
Old Nov 15th 2005, 8:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Rete
You were not approved. The interview was successful but the final approval has not yet occurred and will not until your security check is passed.

[qoute]Why he didnt asked me to give gim my EAD back
Because you are not approved and therefore still need an EAD to work.

What did you want him to ask you. I'm confused. He asked what needed to be asked by obtaining your documentation as to the financial proof of your marriage and your living arrangements. That is basically all anyone is asked about and for.

Hi Rete Thanks so much for your help. I hope it come in the mail fast, You said something about CIS? I thought it only goes to FBI? Who is CIS?

June of this year? Wow that was super fast. It could be one week, it could be one month, it could be one year before you hear anything. It is not just the security clearance being returned, it is having the CIS act on it once it is returned. Therein lies most of the delays.

When you are finally approved and obtain your green card you will not have to return the EAD it will just expire and that is the end of that.

Curious though. You have an attorney. You paid money for her services and yet you are asking your questions here. Did you not ask her those questions when you drove her back to the airport? Why did you not ask those questions of the examiner at the interview when he asked if you had any questions.

Don't have a problem giving you what little I know but really you had two perfect opportunities to get the information from the horse's mouth and yet you didn't.

Good luck.

Rete[/QUOTE]
Old Nov 15th 2005, 8:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

Thank you so much I appreciate it very much. I just hope that FBI will hurry lol
Old Nov 16th 2005, 12:19 am
Concierge

Thank you so much I appreciate it very much. I just hope that FBI will hurry lol

Once again it is not the FBI that has to hurry. They normally get the information back within a few weeks or less. It is the CIS (Citizenship and Immigration Service), the agency that interviewed you, who is the culprit here and not the FBI. Once they get the security clearance you have to wait for them to act on it. That might take one week, one month, one year.

Rete
Old Nov 16th 2005, 2:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Rete
Once again it is not the FBI that has to hurry. They normally get the information back within a few weeks or less. It is the CIS (Citizenship and Immigration Service), the agency that interviewed you, who is the culprit here and not the FBI. Once they get the security clearance you have to wait for them to act on it. That might take one week, one month, one year.

Rete

Thanks Rete I just wish it will be quick
Old Dec 14th 2005, 11:51 pm
Bluesha 31

it's realy great ur interview date arrived so fast. In my case, after
my interview was approved, i've waited for a year and i am presently
still waiting for the letter to come in my mail. The background check
was completed by FBI a long time ago but CIS didn't process it till
sept...so i hope i'll hear something soon. My husband wrote to the
congressman for help, but what a dissapointment that was...no response
what's so ever. No matter what you do, it's still up to them when they
want to send you the letter...and it can take a long time. Hang in
there and don't think about it like i did...it can drive you crazy:).
There have been cases though where people were approved 2 weeks past
the interview....that's if you are from England...i suppose. If you'te
from Eastern Europe, FORGET IT!!!!. Good luck to you and to all of us
still waiting.
milan79 wrote:
    > Hello guys.
    > I just had my AOS interview yesterday (November 14th 2005 12:30pm in
    > Jacksonville FL)
    > Well, lets start from the beggining. Me and my wife were spending the
    > weekend at her moms house in Palm Bay (we live in Ganesville FL). On
    > monday morning we woke up at 4:30am got ready and headed to Jacksonville
    > 200 miles from her moms, the reason why we had to leave so early its
    > because our attorney was flying from Tampa to Jacksonville and we had to
    > pick her up at the airport. We made it to Jacksonville about 8:25am went
    > to breakfast with our attorney and had nice talk with her., time was
    > flying fast and it was already 11:30 so we decide to drive to the USCIS,
    > we arrive there about 11:50, went thru security and droped my interview
    > letter in that box. we sat down and waited at 12:23 the door open, a man
    > in his 40's called my name and we went inside his office, before we sat
    > down he made us to swear that everything we will say will be nothing but
    > the truth. than he told us to sit down, told us his name and that he is
    > going to interview us. He opened my file on his desk and looked. Than
    > assked me for my driver license passport and my wifes driver license.
    > Than silence again and he just looked in my file, than he just asked me
    > whats my name and wanted me to spell it. Silence again. Than he looked
    > at us and asked if we both live at the address we said yes we are
    > married right? lol he laughed. Silence again, than he asked for joint
    > things we hand that to him he went thru it really quick and said
    > excellent i like that and smiled. Silence again. than he closed my file
    > and said, You are approved MR.. but i wouldnt be able to stampe your
    > passport because your FBI check still didnt came back. But it shouldnt
    > take too long and once we have it you will recieve approval notice in
    > the mail. THAT WAS IT!!!!! than he said You guys have any questions for
    > me we said no, he said ok you are free to go. (the whole interview was 7
    > minutes!!!!.
    > But I need your help guys,
    > How can I be approved without FBI check pending
    > Why he didnt asked me to give gim my EAD back
    > why he didnt ask about our marriage or the usual questions
    > How long it will take to clear the damn FBI check (we filed for AOS in
    > June)
    > Please help me!
    > Can I go and get my passport stamp after the approval and where do i
    > have to return my EAD?
    > The last question he asked if I was ever arrested. The whole interview
    > was only 7 minutes my attorney said that was the easiest she ever had.
    > Please guys help me with the questions I asked thank you.
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Dec 15th 2005, 12:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bluesha 31
it's realy great ur interview date arrived so fast. In my case, after
my interview was approved, i've waited for a year and i am presently
still waiting for the letter to come in my mail. The background check
was completed by FBI a long time ago but CIS didn't process it till
sept...so i hope i'll hear something soon. My husband wrote to the
congressman for help, but what a dissapointment that was...no response
what's so ever. No matter what you do, it's still up to them when they
want to send you the letter...and it can take a long time. Hang in
there and don't think about it like i did...it can drive you crazy.
There have been cases though where people were approved 2 weeks past
the interview....that's if you are from England...i suppose. If you'te
from Eastern Europe, FORGET IT!!!!. Good luck to you and to all of us
still waiting.
milan79 wrote:
    > Hello guys.
    > I just had my AOS interview yesterday (November 14th 2005 12:30pm in
    > Jacksonville FL)
    > Well, lets start from the beggining. Me and my wife were spending the
    > weekend at her moms house in Palm Bay (we live in Ganesville FL). On
    > monday morning we woke up at 4:30am got ready and headed to Jacksonville
    > 200 miles from her moms, the reason why we had to leave so early its
    > because our attorney was flying from Tampa to Jacksonville and we had to
    > pick her up at the airport. We made it to Jacksonville about 8:25am went
    > to breakfast with our attorney and had nice talk with her., time was
    > flying fast and it was already 11:30 so we decide to drive to the USCIS,
    > we arrive there about 11:50, went thru security and droped my interview
    > letter in that box. we sat down and waited at 12:23 the door open, a man
    > in his 40's called my name and we went inside his office, before we sat
    > down he made us to swear that everything we will say will be nothing but
    > the truth. than he told us to sit down, told us his name and that he is
    > going to interview us. He opened my file on his desk and looked. Than
    > assked me for my driver license passport and my wifes driver license.
    > Than silence again and he just looked in my file, than he just asked me
    > whats my name and wanted me to spell it. Silence again. Than he looked
    > at us and asked if we both live at the address we said yes we are
    > married right? lol he laughed. Silence again, than he asked for joint
    > things we hand that to him he went thru it really quick and said
    > excellent i like that and smiled. Silence again. than he closed my file
    > and said, You are approved MR.. but i wouldnt be able to stampe your
    > passport because your FBI check still didnt came back. But it shouldnt
    > take too long and once we have it you will recieve approval notice in
    > the mail. THAT WAS IT!!!!! than he said You guys have any questions for
    > me we said no, he said ok you are free to go. (the whole interview was 7
    > minutes!!!!.
    > But I need your help guys,
    > How can I be approved without FBI check pending
    > Why he didnt asked me to give gim my EAD back
    > why he didnt ask about our marriage or the usual questions
    > How long it will take to clear the damn FBI check (we filed for AOS in
    > June)
    > Please help me!
    > Can I go and get my passport stamp after the approval and where do i
    > have to return my EAD?
    > The last question he asked if I was ever arrested. The whole interview
    > was only 7 minutes my attorney said that was the easiest she ever had.
    > Please guys help me with the questions I asked thank you.
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Hi
Thanks so much for your responce, I hope you will get your card soon, I am from Czech Republic.Good luck to you and let me know when your green card arrive. Happy Holidays