VAWA I-360 approved. Need advise

Old Feb 23rd 2005, 4:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pallyn has a spectacular aura aboutPallyn has a spectacular aura aboutPallyn has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: VAWA I-360 approved. Need advise

Just a little perspective. The last stats I had stated that 75% of women who were killed by their partners were killed trying to leave. Only she knows her husband's triggers and maybe she is doing the best she can with what she's got.
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 5:47 pm
Just Joined

jessie126 has a brilliant futurejessie126 has a brilliant futurejessie126 has a brilliant futurejessie126 has a brilliant futurejessie126 has a brilliant futurejessie126 has a brilliant future

Hi. I'm also new here but I'm familiar with your case. A dear friend of mine has the same case. She is also waiting for the interview.

If your I-360 has been approved, then you can adjust your status right away since you are a spouse of a USC. I believe you already filed I-485. Did you get your EAD card? You just have to wait for the interview.

Here's a link that can help you. This is really helpful. I hope it helps.

http://www.ilrc.org/vawa/

J
Old Feb 24th 2005, 3:40 am
Just Joined

chicago2004 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by jessie126
Hi. I'm also new here but I'm familiar with your case. A dear friend of mine has the same case. She is also waiting for the interview.

If your I-360 has been approved, then you can adjust your status right away since you are a spouse of a USC. I believe you already filed I-485. Did you get your EAD card? You just have to wait for the interview.

Here's a link that can help you. This is really helpful. I hope it helps.

http://www.ilrc.org/vawa/

J

Thank you all for the concern.
It’s so difficult to do the thing that you suggested. I just found a job and started to work. I thought many times to leave him…
Any way, I really appreciate all your words, and help. Thank you.

Jessie126 thank you for your post. Can I e-mail you directly to ask some questions?

Last edited by chicago2004; Feb 24th 2005 at 3:42 am.
Old Feb 24th 2005, 4:07 am
Just Joined

jessie126 has a brilliant futurejessie126 has a brilliant futurejessie126 has a brilliant futurejessie126 has a brilliant futurejessie126 has a brilliant futurejessie126 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by chicago2004
Thank you all for the concern.
It’s so difficult to do the thing that you suggested. I just found a job and started to work. I thought many times to leave him…
Any way, I really appreciate all your words, and help. Thank you.

Jessie126 thank you for your post. Can I e-mail you directly to ask some questions?

You are most welcome. I'll send you a PM with my email address.

J
Old May 30th 2005, 12:18 pm
Just Joined

chrissy52502 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jenney & Mark
That didn't seem right to me, either -- it just contradicts common sense. But then, we are talking about USCIS here...

According to the USCIS website, there is apparently nothing requiring a self-petitioning battered spouse to live apart from her/his abusive spouse, or even to get divorced, for that matter. Essentially it's like saying, "Hey, if you're being abused, we'll give you a way to adjust status without the help of your abusive partner, but whether you stay in the abusive environment is not really our concern."

As you said to the OP -- her adjustment should definitely not be her first concern here. A green card doesn't do you much good if you're dead.

~ Jenney
If you have never been in an abusive situation and having immigration involved, there really is no room to make comments as such. Sometimes it is hard to get out, trust me I know. You are trying to make a life in this country but yet you have someone controlling it in one way or another! USCIS is trying to protect someone that married a us citizen in good faith. It is not her fault that he is treating her that way, USCIS recognizes these matters as such.

So please, before making judgement on these situations, live it and experience it before saying anything about it!!!
Old May 30th 2005, 1:37 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chrissy52502
If you have never been in an abusive situation and having immigration involved, there really is no room to make comments as such.
You seem a little disturbed by Jenney's post. She's right though... USCIS does not care one way or the other whether or not the abuser and the victim still live together. That is not their concern... they are not agents for social change. Although you may have interpreted it that way, Jenney was not minimizing domestic violence.

So please, before making judgement on these situations, live it and experience it before saying anything about it!
Oh please! By analogy, you're suggesting that before passing judgment on how bad murder is or how USCIS doesn't care if you are killed, a person has to be murdered in order to understand. Twit!

Ian
Old May 30th 2005, 1:57 pm
Guest21

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
You seem a little disturbed by Jenney's post. She's right though... USCIS does not care one way or the other whether or not the abuser and the victim still live together. That is not their concern... they are not agents for social change. Although you may have interpreted it that way, Jenney was not minimizing domestic violence.

Oh please! By analogy, you're suggesting that before passing judgment on how bad murder is or how USCIS doesn't care if you are killed, a person has to be murdered in order to understand. Twit!

Ian

This thread is a few months old now I am wondering what the outcome was? as once you get to the 1-485 interview you still have to prove why you cannot return to your home country threw extreme hardship, even if it was cleared in the first instance within the 1-360, she will have to have a upto date valid reason.

Whiskers

Old May 30th 2005, 8:29 pm
Just Joined

Ian
LMAO TWIT! USCIS let's you move and live on your own and still apply,,,who's the twit now?
Old May 30th 2005, 9:06 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chrissy52502
... who's the twit now?
<shrug> I dunno... you maybe?

Ian
Old May 31st 2005, 2:45 am
Just Joined

<shrug> I dunno... you maybe?

Ian