Vancouver interview date

Old Mar 27th 2001, 12:19 am
Jeremy

I have to say dealing with Vancouver is sooooo much less stressful than NSC.

Anyways, I have my interview on April 17 at 2pm. I'm thinking that I might not have
the visa issued on that date due to the lateness of the interview? Anyone have any
thoughts or experiences on late day interviews? (it sure would be nice to be able to
fly in the morning, and fly out that same night)

thanks Jeremy

Old Mar 27th 2001, 12:48 am
cmagill

All Vancouver interveiws are scheduled for 2 pm. There are usually only 4 or 5(or
less )interveiws each day. You will leave with the Visa. Vancouver is the best!!

Jill(now in wyoming)

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

-----== Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 16 Different Servers! =-----

Old Mar 27th 2001, 12:55 am
Jeremy

Well that works out good I'll save on hotel at least, cuz air canada would kill me
in price if I can't get on westjet. thanks!

cmagill wrote:

>
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> > I have to say dealing with Vancouver is sooooo much less stressful than NSC.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Anyways, I have my interview on April 17 at 2pm. I'm thinking that I might not[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > have the visa issued on that date due to the lateness of the interview? Anyone[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > have any thoughts or experiences on late day interviews? (it sure would be nice[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > to be able to fly in the morning, and fly out that same night)[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > thanks Jeremy[/usenetquote2]
    >

>

Old Mar 27th 2001, 7:47 am
Evan and Sheila

I didn't get out of there until.. close to 5pm I believe. It took a while since you
have to wait for the other 3-4 people to go through the interview too. I stayed the
extra night just to give myself some time.

>
would
    >
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> > All Vancouver interveiws are scheduled for 2 pm. There are usually only[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > or 5(or less )interveiws each day. You will leave with the Visa.[/usenetquote2]
Vancouver
[usenetquote2]> > is the best!![/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Jill(now in wyoming)[/usenetquote2]

[usenetquote2]> > > I have to say dealing with Vancouver is sooooo much less stressful[/usenetquote2]
than
[usenetquote2]> > > NSC.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Anyways, I have my interview on April 17 at 2pm. I'm thinking that I might not[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > have the visa issued on that date due to the lateness of the interview? Anyone[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > have any thoughts or experiences on late day interviews? (it sure would be nice[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > to be able to fly in the morning, and fly out that same night)[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > thanks Jeremy[/usenetquote2]

[usenetquote2]> > -----== Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 16 Different Servers! =-----[/usenetquote2]

Old Mar 27th 2001, 5:14 pm
Forum Regular

bc_39 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Vancouver question

Good luck Jeremy!

I'm just waiting to receive my pkg 3 from Vancouver.

I have a question for you guys, Jill, Jeremy and Evan & Sheila, and anyone else who has done this.

When did you do your medical? Can it be done the day before or same day? Since I also have to fly in or drive for 5 hours to get there. I'd like to know what to expect, any advice would be very much appreciated!!

Jill, just curious, where in Wyoming are you? That's where i'm moving also, to Gillette.

Thanks all
Old Mar 27th 2001, 6:26 pm
Evan and Sheila

Off hand I can't say exactly when (all my timeline stuff is on the other 'puter that
completely crashed) but it was about a month and a half before the interview. I opted
to get it done in Saskatchewan that way I didn't have to go to Vancouver any earlier
(at the time I thought the interview was in the morning). As for it being done the
same day.. I'm not sure. I think I've heard of people doing it that way but can't
think of anyone specific. You could try contacting the doctor in Vancouver and ask if
they can have it done the same day. Personally though that's cutting it close. You
should have an INS approved doctor in your area you could see before then.

Good luck, Evan

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Mar 27th 2001, 9:04 pm
Forum Regular

Default approved INS doctor

Thanks Evan,

From everything I've read, I can only find one INS approved Dr. in B.C. and he is in Vancouver. Does anyone know if there are more Dr's in B.C. that can do this now?
Old Mar 27th 2001, 11:33 pm
Jeremy

I had my medical done last week in Winnipeg. They couldve taken me in earlier if I
had wanted, but I was still in the process of getting my passport. The entire process
wouldve taken maybe 30 minutes tops, IF the doctor wasn't an hour late lol. But it
was a breeze, mostly just general health questions, and some examination above the
belt (along with blood test and chest x-ray). I should be getting my results in 5
business days from then.

If you do go to Vancouver, the doctor there apparently can have your results the same
day. At least that's what it says on the checklist, but I wouldn't know.

Good luck

bc_39 wrote:

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Mar 27th 2001, 11:38 pm
Jeremy

No Ian Morgan is the only Vancouver doctor. Every province except New Brunswick has
at least one approved doctor though.

bc_39 wrote:

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Mar 28th 2001, 12:02 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Jeremy,

I think I'll call Dr. Morgans office and check things out. If....I can find the site again where I found his info...lol. Sometimes I find that there's so much information it's mind boggeling!! But, I thank everyone for all the help and info.
Old Mar 28th 2001, 1:19 am
LKish

Don't know what Vancouver is doing now but Chris had his interview on Friday the 13th
(November 1998) and it was scheduled for 9am. There were about 4 other couples there.
The visa was approved and we picked it up at 2:30 pm.

He lived about 15 minutes from the INS Office so we did not have to worry about
hotels or airfare. He had his medical the day before atthe Woking Clinic.

Linda and Chris Can-Am Class of 1998