Vaccinations for AOS - Help!!!

Old May 7th 2002, 2:05 pm
Just Joined

D4YTR1PPER is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Vaccinations for AOS - Help!!!

Hello everyone,

I entered the US on a K-1 visa, have now married and am in the process of filing the AOS. I didn't get the vaccinations done in England (Td and MMR) because I was told by my doctor that the Td vaccination doesn't exist. The INS approved doctor in America has told me that the Td vaccination does exist but there is a national shortage of the vaccine so they can't give it out. He said that the INS would waive the need for it since it can't be given, having dealt with the INS for a year this stance doesn't sound very plausible. Has anyone else heard of or encountered this problem??

Thanks
Old May 7th 2002, 4:10 pm
Andy Platt

Default Re: Vaccinations for AOS - Help!!!

"D4YTR1PPER" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Hello everyone,
    >
    > I entered the US on a K-1 visa, have now married and am in the process of filing
    > the AOS. I didn't get the vaccinations done in England (Td and
    > MMR) because I was told by my doctor that the Td vaccination doesn't exist. The INS
    > approved doctor in America has told me that the Td vaccination does exist but
    > there is a national shortage of the vaccine so they can't give it out. He said
    > that the INS would waive the need for it since it can't be given, having dealt
    > with the INS for a year this stance doesn't sound very plausible. Has anyone
    > else heard of or encountered this problem??

Actually, medical stuff with the INS is very straightforward because all you have
to do is have the doctor sign off on the vaccinations and they can waive them as
they see fit.

Andy.

--
I'm not really here - it's just your warped imagination.

Old May 7th 2002, 4:40 pm
Studioneil

Default Re: Vaccinations for AOS - Help!!!

I had the same problem about 10 days ago and the solution I used was very simple. I
called the INS number 1-800-375-5283 and followed the prompts (I think I used option
1 (English Language),option 2, option 3 followed by my ZIP code). Here's the menu...
http://www.ins.usdoj.gov/graphics/services/menu.htm

Then, when I got an address and phone number (it's all automated) I called up the INS
approved Dr and arranged to pop in and see him (actually, it was a walk in servie but
you get my point).

I needed the MMR jab - I already had Tetinus (Td I think that is) in the UK. That
cost me about $75 and then I was given the suppliment in an envelope (sealed) and a
photocopy for myself. It really was that easy and at the place I went to the staff
were great.

All the best

Neil

"D4YTR1PPER" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Hello everyone,
    >
    > I entered the US on a K-1 visa, have now married and am in the process of filing
    > the AOS. I didn't get the vaccinations done in England (Td and
    > MMR) because I was told by my doctor that the Td vaccination doesn't exist. The INS
    > approved doctor in America has told me that the Td vaccination does exist but
    > there is a national shortage of the vaccine so they can't give it out. He said
    > that the INS would waive the need for it since it can't be given, having dealt
    > with the INS for a year this stance doesn't sound very plausible. Has anyone
    > else heard of or encountered this problem??
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com