Vaccinations

Old Feb 25th 2009, 5:10 am
M S
Forum Regular

M S is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Vaccinations

Hi, I have just been to the doctors where I have been for 7 years, they have no vaccination record for me. It obviously hasn't follwoed me about, through various countries and the army. Could someone tell me where I can get a list of vaccinations that I require for my medical/visa. Apparently if I take that to the medical centre, they will be able to tell me which ones I need or not.
For the medical, will I need a proper vaccination record, or how wil they know which ones I have had?
Old Feb 25th 2009, 5:42 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vaccinations

Originally Posted by M S
Hi, I have just been to the doctors where I have been for 7 years, they have no vaccination record for me. It obviously hasn't follwoed me about, through various countries and the army. Could someone tell me where I can get a list of vaccinations that I require for my medical/visa. Apparently if I take that to the medical centre, they will be able to tell me which ones I need or not.
For the medical, will I need a proper vaccination record, or how wil they know which ones I have had?
http://tinyurl.com/buxlux
Old Feb 25th 2009, 5:54 am
M S
Forum Regular

Nothing comes up on that link. It says no matches
Old Feb 25th 2009, 6:21 am
Forum Regular

chippysupper is just really nicechippysupper is just really nicechippysupper is just really nicechippysupper is just really nicechippysupper is just really nicechippysupper is just really nicechippysupper is just really nicechippysupper is just really nice

I am in the same boat - trying to get vaccination records before my medical next Tuesday

However, the list of vaccinations needed is as follows - to the best of my knowledge.

Acellular pertussis
Hepatitis A
Hepatitis B
Human papillomavirus (HPV)
Influenza
Influenza type b (Hib)
Measles
Meningococcal
Mumps
Pneumococcal
Pertussis
Polio
Rotovirus
Tetanus and diphtheria toxoids
Varicella
Zoster

Hope that helps! I was quoted $500 to get mine done.

Regards,
Old Feb 25th 2009, 6:23 am
M S
Forum Regular

Why $500, do you need all of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Feb 25th 2009, 6:33 am
Forum Regular

chippysupper is just really nicechippysupper is just really nicechippysupper is just really nicechippysupper is just really nicechippysupper is just really nicechippysupper is just really nicechippysupper is just really nicechippysupper is just really nice

no I dont need all of them - $500 covers the serology to find out what I need and then the usual jabs - it might end up costing more
Old Feb 25th 2009, 6:47 am
M S
Forum Regular

Well as I mentioned before, I just need to take a list to the doctors, and they tell me which ones I need, won't cost anything. Most of them are age and sex related, I probably wont need any of them
Old Feb 25th 2009, 6:54 am
M S
Forum Regular

Here is what I found on the net, have just answered my own question!!!!!!!

Question: What Are the Required Vaccines?
Answer:
Immigrants are required to receive vaccinations for vaccine-preventable diseases as recommended by the U.S. Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP). An immigrants's vaccination history, medical history and age will determine which of the vaccines will be required.
List of vaccine-preventable diseases:
1. Mumps
2. Measles
3. Rubella
4. Polio
5. Tetanus
6. Diphtheria
7. Pertussis
8. Haemophilus influenzae Type B
9. Rotavirus
10. Hepatitis A
11. Hepatitis B
12. Meningocococcal disease
13. Human papillomavirus
14. Varicella
15. Pneumococcal pneumonia
16. Influenza
17. Zoster
Old Feb 25th 2009, 8:08 am
Forum Regular

amarie is on a distinguished road

Hi
I found this useful,

http://london.usembassy.gov/cons_new...cinechart.html

Hope it helps!
Old Feb 25th 2009, 8:16 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by M S
Nothing comes up on that link. It says no matches
Sorry, it was a forum search for 'vaccinations' showing the recent threads that answer your Q. I've also posted the link to the medical exam page at London several times recently that would've got you the list.
Good job finding it!
Old Feb 26th 2009, 5:24 am
Forum Regular

welshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud of

When I initially visited my UK doctor prior to my London Medical (for K1 visa) they could not find my earlier, pre computer recorded vaccinations. However the nurse had a telephone number that she could call and apparently whenever we have vaccines they get stored on a central database. She gave them my date of birth, sex and name, and hey presto full access information to all the vaccines I ever had. She was even able to put a meningitis one one my record that I had received at High School but it had not been put on my vaccine record.

This may be worth asking about.
Old Feb 26th 2009, 5:50 am
M S
Forum Regular

Cheers, worth looking into, thanks
Old Feb 26th 2009, 9:11 am
BE Enthusiast

MandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond repute
Question Re: Vaccinations

Hmm reading this with interest, I tried without luck today. Called my GP, they have nothing on computer (I'm going to see him on Monday so will ask if they have paper records). The GP receptionist suggested I call the community team, they had nothing, they suggested I call the central office, they had nothing as they only started computer records in 1991 apparently. So I'm wondering, there are only a couple on there that are appropriate/required for an old lady like me anyway ... would a letter from the Doctor be enough? Anyone come across these difficulties before?
Old Feb 26th 2009, 3:10 pm
Forum Regular

Marty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud of

I don't imagine a letter from the doctor is going to be enough. I think they need the dates of the vaccinations. I remember reading somewhere that they also require a batch number for the vaccines themselves, but I'm not 100% on that.

If you haven't had any vaccinations in 18 years, I would think you'd need a few boosters anyway.
Old Feb 27th 2009, 12:19 am
Forum Regular

welshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud of

For my vaccination record they wrote down the date of vaccination, the name, the batch number, if it was a series of shots, what number it was...it was quite thorough, and not just "yes she had it done!"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.