Vaccination Supplement

Old May 10th 2005, 7:14 pm
Thumbing a ride.

Berta is just really niceBerta is just really niceBerta is just really niceBerta is just really niceBerta is just really niceBerta is just really niceBerta is just really niceBerta is just really niceBerta is just really niceBerta is just really nice
Question Vaccination Supplement

When applying for AOS is it okay to submit the vaccination document that I was given in London at Dr. Phelan's or do I have to get a new one from a registered civil surgeon in the U.S.?

As always, any help is appreciated.
Old May 10th 2005, 7:49 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vaccination Supplement

Originally Posted by Berta
When applying for AOS is it okay to submit the vaccination document that I was given in London at Dr. Phelan's or do I have to get a new one from a registered civil surgeon in the U.S.?

Hi Berta,

You are supposed to get the vaccination supplement from a USCIS approved Civil Surgeon in the US. You will show the CS the vaccination document that you got in London, and the CS will fill out a form (can't recall the number of it offhand) and hand it to you in a sealed envelope. This is the vaccination supplement you need for AOS.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old May 11th 2005, 3:40 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Berta,

Was the DS-3025 that you got from Dr. Phelan complete - all vaccinations marked as either had or medically inappropriate with waiver requested?

If the DS-3025 was complete, that's all you need. If it was not complete then you need to visit a Civil Surgeon to get a vaccination form that is completed.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by Berta

Old May 11th 2005, 7:54 pm
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
Berta,

Was the DS-3025 that you got from Dr. Phelan complete - all vaccinations marked as either had or medically inappropriate with waiver requested?

If the DS-3025 was complete, that's all you need. If it was not complete then you need to visit a Civil Surgeon to get a vaccination form that is completed.

Regards, JEff
Hiya JEff,
Mr. Pink also had the DS-3025 in his possession after the interview in London, and we gave that to the USCIS doc. here in the states to use to fill in the supplement.

The supplement was listed specifically on our interview letter, and the DAO asked for it at the interview. When he handed it over, she commented, "You wouldn't believe the people who think they don't need this! I'm very glad to see you brought it!"

So, in Chicago at least, on that particular day with that particular DAO, it was a requirement.

It would be so much easier if they were consistent, wouldn't it?

~SecretGarden
Old May 12th 2005, 3:47 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

SG,

Yes, it would be nice if everything was more consistent.

Just out of curiosity,
- Was Mr. P's DS-3025 complete?
- Do you know if the original DS-3025 was in the case file? (At my wife's interview the interviewer looked for each of the 3 medical exam reports. He was a talker, mentioned each thing he was looking for as he went through the file and commented on each item as he found it.)
- Was the interview letter a form letter? Individualized in any way?

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by SecretGarden
Hiya JEff,
Mr. Pink also had the DS-3025 in his possession after the interview in London, and we gave that to the USCIS doc. here in the states to use to fill in the supplement.

The supplement was listed specifically on our interview letter, and the DAO asked for it at the interview. When he handed it over, she commented, "You wouldn't believe the people who think they don't need this! I'm very glad to see you brought it!"

So, in Chicago at least, on that particular day with that particular DAO, it was a requirement.

It would be so much easier if they were consistent, wouldn't it?

~SecretGarden
Old May 12th 2005, 6:31 pm
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
SG,

Yes, it would be nice if everything was more consistent.

Just out of curiosity,
- Was Mr. P's DS-3025 complete?
- Do you know if the original DS-3025 was in the case file? (At my wife's interview the interviewer looked for each of the 3 medical exam reports. He was a talker, mentioned each thing he was looking for as he went through the file and commented on each item as he found it.)
- Was the interview letter a form letter? Individualized in any way?

Regards, JEff
Hi again, JEff!
1. Yes, completely complete.
2. I have no idea. As you may remember, ours was the DAO from HELL and only spoke to tell you you had done something wrong or ask if he had voted yet, or why our file was so thick. The only praise, conversation, or comment we got was in relation to having the supplement.
3. I have to assume that the interview letter was a standard letter sent from Chicago. It was on the typical "paper" that usually comes, and looked like an NOA except that there was a list of "Items You Are Required To Bring" and "Items You Should Bring" which to me, seems to be just about the same. But the supplement was specifically listed, and since we had already done it to be sure, we brought it.

As I said, she did ask for it and commented that so many people think they don't need it.....etc. Of course we all know in reading the experiences of people on this board that requirements are not always required, depending on where you are.

~SecretGarden
(this didn't help, did it? )