Vaccination information

Old Jun 17th 2003, 7:01 am
Forum Regular

catswhiskers is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Vaccination information

We will be starting the K1 visa process in at the end of July. I have read I will need to provide vaccination evidence when I attend my medical in London. What vaccinations? I haven't had anything since childhood!
Old Jun 17th 2003, 7:14 am
Howling at the Moon

lairdside will become famous soon enoughlairdside will become famous soon enough

This link may give you some idea of where to start, although ultimately it is up to the physician performing the medical.

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_web...ccinechart.htm
Old Jun 17th 2003, 8:51 am
Forum Regular

So I guess you ask you doctor for dates etc? Do they freely give this information? My doctor has my notes from when I was a baby.
Old Jun 17th 2003, 10:14 am
BE Enthusiast

leebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really nice

I had to request it in writing from my GP, and they photocopied my vacinnation card and sent it back a week or two later.

Good luck in the process =)

Lee
Old Jun 17th 2003, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for that - I will write to my doctor now.
Old Jun 17th 2003, 11:12 am
Go RedSox!

MrsLondon is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't forget to also get proof of any illnesses you are immune to because you had them. Like if you had chicken pox or shingles you won't need the varicella vaccine.
Old Jun 17th 2003, 12:08 pm
Forum Regular

And if you can't get proof - as I had a couple of vaccinations at school - what does the doctor do at the medical?
Old Jun 17th 2003, 12:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

leebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really nice

I was going to ask the same thing... I had the BCG test for TB at school, and didnt need the vaccine through natural immunity, but cant prove it as it is not on my doctors record.

I didnt ask for illnesses I have suffered either, will just have to tell them that I have had measles, mumps, chicken pox etc and hope
Old Jun 17th 2003, 12:43 pm
Go RedSox!

You will need proof, they won't just take your word for it. The TB doesn't matter as you get a chest X-ray for that. You can always get a blood test from your GP to show immunity to things you might have had a jab for at school. If they make you pay for it though it may just be cheaper to get the vaccinations again.
I don't know how long doctors keep records from your childhood. I had measles, mumps AND german measles as a kid.
Old Jun 17th 2003, 12:50 pm
Forum Regular

What we are both saying is that if we don't have proof do they make you have the vaccinations?
Old Jun 17th 2003, 12:56 pm
Go RedSox!

Yes they do!
Old Jun 17th 2003, 1:04 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks - that's fine. I don't mind having things again just as long as it doesn't hold up the medical.
Old Jun 17th 2003, 1:40 pm
Forum Regular

I have just found this from a link to the medical information - this is on the BCIS site

"K and V nonimmigrant (temporary) visa applicants. Individuals applying for a K nonimmigrant visa as the fiancee or the spouse of a U.S. citizen or for a V nonimmigrant visa as the spouse or child of a lawful permanent resident (LPR) (including those applying for V status in the United States) must undergo a medical exam, but are not required to comply with the vaccination requirements at that time. They will be required to comply with the vaccination requirements when they eventually apply for adjustment of status."

So K1 visa applicants don't need vaccinations at all at time of the medical!
Old Jun 17th 2003, 1:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

No, but you will need them by the time you adjust to status in the US. It will be cheaper to get them done in the UK if you need them, rather than waiting until you are in America.

By the way. I just booked an appointment with the doctor who then printed off my vaccination history for me right there and then.
Old Jun 17th 2003, 1:51 pm
Forum Regular

We know about AOS medicals but the first question was about the K1 visa applications and vaccinations.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.