USCIS versus UK Border Agency

Old May 18th 2012, 6:33 pm
Just Joined

rooroo89 will become famous soon enough
Default USCIS versus UK Border Agency

Hi there, I am new here. I joined as I am living in America but want to move back with my husband.

I was wondering if anyone who has used both processes had any advice? Is the Uk one easier or harder?

I am still weary from the K1 visa/AOS process, been here 8 months and still don't have a green card. I am desperate to get home but the reality of starting up this visa nonsense again is making me nauseous.
Old May 18th 2012, 11:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

GoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of lightGoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of lightGoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of lightGoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of lightGoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of lightGoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of lightGoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of lightGoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of lightGoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of lightGoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of lightGoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: USCIS versus UK Border Agency

Tiresome and stressful isnt it. As soon as I finished with USCIS we turned around to deal with DIAC, so I cant really help only commiserate.

The good thing is you will probably have all the evidence you need, and even the USCIS application can probably be used to prove your relationship in addition to the normal stuff you have to provide.

Hope all goes well, good luck and just think about the goal.
Old May 19th 2012, 12:03 am
Just Joined

That's good! Surely given the insane wait time to move here it shows we are seriously married!

It seems like the american one throws in curveball "request for evidence" all the time even when you followed their checklists.

I will be very careful with this one, but their website is not very good. It takes you round and round in circles.
Old May 19th 2012, 1:34 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

The UK process by all appearances is quite easy and very quick.

It's not cheap though and the salary requirements can be a stumbling block, certainly if the new proposals go through.
Old May 19th 2012, 1:36 am
Just Joined

My husband is keeping his American job and can work from home, he is on around $35000. I have a bachelors degree. I hope that looks OK to them.

It's the accommodation I am really worried about, we can't exactly set up a permanent rental from America! Will have to find some willing family I guess.