USCIS site

Old Aug 28th 2007, 2:34 pm
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute
Default USCIS site

am i being a thickie (entirely likely ) or are the majority of the pages on the uscis website not clickable? Ie they look like they should be links to other more detailed pages - but dont infact click through?

for instance - the line ''For more information on visa numbers, please see the How Do I Get an Immigrant Visa Number?.'' I would expect the How Do I Get an Immigrant Visa Number? bit to be a link to that specific page/document.

I am trying to research stuff for myself and find great references on their site - but they dont just link through to anything so i cant get the actual answers.

or is it just me (doh)!
Old Aug 28th 2007, 2:36 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: USCIS site

Originally Posted by MsElui
am i being a thickie (entirely likely ) or are the majority of the pages on the uscis website not clickable? Ie they look like they should be links to other more detailed pages - but dont infact click through?

for instance - the line ''For more information on visa numbers, please see the How Do I Get an Immigrant Visa Number?.'' I would expect the How Do I Get an Immigrant Visa Number? bit to be a link to that specific page/document.

I am trying to research stuff for myself and find great references on their site - but they dont just link through to anything so i cant get the actual answers.

or is it just me (doh)!
Their site used to be pretty bad. Then they changed it and it is now total crap. The best way to search it is using the keywords in Google along with "site:uscis.gov".
Old Aug 28th 2007, 4:44 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MsElui

or is it just me (doh)!
It's their site.. they broke it over a year ago in an 'upgrade' and have been torturing us with it ever since. If you don't know the phrase you're looking for from past experience there, it's a nightmare.
And no...they never hyperlinked the phrases that indicate that they're links. Just never did it, in 18 months.

Use the search box in the top right corner to plug your phrase in and you will generally get good results.
fatbrit's suggestion also works.

Many of the key, favorite links have been captured at familybasedimmigration.com but I will warn you.. uscis.gov is using some dynamic link thingie, and the links sometimes just change. Links you've saved for a particular document will suddenly lead you elsewhere, so it is worth learning how to get around their site the best you can.

There is a rumor that a tinyurl will preserve through the dynamic linking, but I haven't tested that myself.
Old Sep 1st 2007, 10:46 pm
vutrang1112003

On Aug 28, 10:34 am, MsElui <[email protected]>
wrote:
> am i being a thickie (entirely likely ) or are the majority of the
> pages on theusciswebsite not clickable? Ie they look like they should
> be links to other more detailed pages - but dont infact click through?
>
> for instance - the line ''For more information on visa numbers, please
> see the How Do I Get an Immigrant Visa Number?.'' I would expect the
> How Do I Get an Immigrant Visa Number? bit to be a link to that specific
> page/document.
>
> I am trying to research stuff for myself and find great references on
> their site - but they dont just link through to anything so i cant get
> the actual answers.
>
> or is it just me (doh)!
>
> --
> Posted viahttp://britishexpats.com

I used to think that only a communist country would have much red tape
until a few years back. Does anybody know how much the cost of
applying for green card has been increasing in the past 17 years?
Close to 1,000%

Old Sep 2nd 2007, 12:26 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vutrang1112003
Does anybody know how much the cost of applying for green card has been increasing in the past 17 years? Close to 1,000%
Yah... so? What's your point? This has nothing whatsoever to do with the original post! Twit.

Ian
Old Sep 5th 2007, 7:48 am
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

What fatbrit said. You can't get from 'A' to 'B' on their site without going through google first.