Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

USCIS screws up DOB on Green Card then submits RFE???

USCIS screws up DOB on Green Card then submits RFE???

Old Sep 10th 2010, 8:27 pm
Forum Regular

skinderella is an unknown quantity at this point
Default USCIS screws up DOB on Green Card then submits RFE???

Ok, we are at the end of our ropes here and would like to know if this has happened to anyone else... Husband was issued green card in June. USCIS screwed up DOB on card, so we had to send it back with an I90 and supporting documents to have the information corrected. Then I went to check the status today on the USCIS website and it says they sent out an RFE on 9/8. WTF??? What could they possibly need for more evidence? It was their clerical error in the first place!! Is it possible that this was just a mistake on the website and they actually sent out the green card? Is it possible they could have reversed their decision on my husband's green card? We're so upset. Any advice or input from past experiences would be most appreciated. Thank you.
Old Sep 10th 2010, 9:17 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: USCIS screws up DOB on Green Card then submits RFE???

Originally Posted by skinderella
Ok, we are at the end of our ropes here and would like to know if this has happened to anyone else... Husband was issued green card in June. USCIS screwed up DOB on card, so we had to send it back with an I90 and supporting documents to have the information corrected. Then I went to check the status today on the USCIS website and it says they sent out an RFE on 9/8. WTF??? What could they possibly need for more evidence? It was their clerical error in the first place!! Is it possible that this was just a mistake on the website and they actually sent out the green card? Is it possible they could have reversed their decision on my husband's green card? We're so upset. Any advice or input from past experiences would be most appreciated. Thank you.
It's either the actual replacement green card, or they are requesting some evidence showing his correct birthdate, such as his birth certificate. No way to know in advance, until you get something in the mail.

I'm sure it won't be a reverse decision on his green card.

Rene
Old Sep 10th 2010, 9:27 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Rene. I appreciate your response. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. It's just so upsetting. Everything they have ever issued my husband has had the correct DOB with the EXCEPTION of the green card and now we have to be the ones to jump through hoops and wait forever to resolve their mistake. So frustrating, so upsetting. Thanks again for listening and for addressing my concern.
Old Sep 10th 2010, 9:49 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Rene. I appreciate your response. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. It's just so upsetting. Everything they have ever issued my husband has had the correct DOB with the EXCEPTION of the green card and now we have to be the ones to jump through hoops and wait forever to resolve their mistake. So frustrating, so upsetting. Thanks again for listening and for addressing my concern.
Just tell him he could have been *polite* and just changed his b-day.. sheesh!

You have to laugh.. this stuff just happens sometimes. At least hubby is here with you!
Old Sep 10th 2010, 9:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by meauxna
Just tell him he could have been *polite* and just changed his b-day.. sheesh!

You have to laugh.. this stuff just happens sometimes. At least hubby is here with you!
LOL..seriously. If you lose the ability to find humor in all of this you'll lose your mind for sure and you are so right- at least he was approved and is here with us now. Thanks and have a good weekend.
Old Sep 11th 2010, 1:06 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

LOL..seriously. If you lose the ability to find humor in all of this you'll lose your mind for sure and you are so right- at least he was approved and is here with us now. Thanks and have a good weekend.
There are actually people who type in the information to produce the green card, and yes, there can be user error on their part. So this is bound to happen to some people sometimes. You're one of the unlucky ones it happened to.

Rene