USCIS No help at all

Old Apr 11th 2008, 9:54 am
Forum Regular

jeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nice
Default USCIS No help at all

Hi everyone

Just giving a quick update to my husband filing K3 for me and my son
as some know he filed back in Oct 2007

Anyways he called USCIS after our attorney sending request for info on our file.
Yesterday he called and got operator and she was no help just said we can't tell u anything at this time....nice eh ! Within in seconds he was off the phone.
Then he called back cause he felt the person didn't want to help or even listen.....The second operator said ...Your file should be apporved May and London will probably give your wife an appointment in May...oh what BS...USCIS have no control over London appointments and get this there was no mention of our file going to NVC...obviously some assistants know very little so seems pointless having people answer the phone that know zero or wont even listen....I always thought that ppl in the customer service was supposed to helpful not useless !!!! I have to say i was laughing at the reponse my husband got when he repeated to me what the lady said it's a stressful process and always nice to know something positive about your file but in this case ....we got more stressed!

Is there a direct number for Vermont Service Centre ?
Thats where our fuile is at

Good luck to those going through this

Michelle
Old Apr 11th 2008, 10:49 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: USCIS No help at all

Hi Michelle,

It's very common for the people at the USCIS 800-number misinformation line to know nothing. They are just contract workers answering the phones there, who know little to nothing about immigration in general, never mind your own case. Unless he can call in and speak with someone higher up the chain than just the person answering the phone, it is useless to call them.

There is no direct number to the service centers, no. But you have a lawyer, right? Perhaps he has a way of contacting the service center, sometimes lawyers have contacts here and there that the general public can't get to. Have your lawyer check it out.

So you just have receipt notices from both the I-130 and the I-129F, but so far no approval from either one, right?

Sorry for your frustrations,
Rene
Old Apr 11th 2008, 11:20 am
Forum Regular

jeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nice
Default Re: USCIS No help at all

[QUOTE=Noorah101;6192666]Hi Michelle,

It's very common for the people at the USCIS 800-number misinformation line to know nothing. They are just contract workers answering the phones there, who know little to nothing about immigration in general, never mind your own case. Unless he can call in and speak with someone higher up the chain than just the person answering the phone, it is useless to call them.

There is no direct number to the service centers, no. But you have a lawyer, right? Perhaps he has a way of contacting the service center, sometimes lawyers have contacts here and there that the general public can't get to. Have your lawyer check it out.

So you just have receipt notices from both the I-130 and the I-129F, but so far no approval from either one, right?

Hi Rene

Yes we just have NOA1's for both I-130 & I-129F so our wait continues.
Our attorney said he sent request for info to USCIS regards to our files on Monday 7th April i guess he sent paper copy not sure. Maybe we shall hear some news next week

The first time Jeff called USCIS( back in January) he actually got to talk with an Immigration Officer whom was very nice and said we should hope to see our case to be adjudicated / approved or denied, whatever the outcome by April 2008.
I am now thinking that it may well be August / Sept before I'm out there and thats being generious with my assumtions but who knows since we don't have approval as yet i guess it could be longer
I know there is a lot ppl in the same situation so im not alone but dont ya just hate the disorganisation of it all !
I am worried about Jeff's son...he is 14 and back living with his mother due to Jeff having to take a job out of Florida ( Jeff still has his home in florida so no worries about that) because there was no work for him at home so now he is in Louisiana working and doesn't get home every weekend infact he has been away for 6 weeks now and has not seen his son.

The problem is Jeff holds custody of his son but in this case his son has had to go back to his mothers eventhough ...mother and son dont get a long at all so Jeff worries and i do too so the quicker im there or if we knew approximately when i will get there then this situation with Jeff's son being back at his mothers would not be happening. I know its not USCIS fault that this family sit has happened to Jeff so we have to wait, the sooner im there the better for all

Wishing time away

Michelle