Usc applying for Parent

Old Aug 30th 2006, 1:42 am
Forum Regular

unicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond repute
Default Usc applying for Parent

Hi,

Does anyone on here have any recent experience with applying for a parent to move here ?
Mum has her old age pension in England .I guess it just gets transfered into dollars.She is going to call them about that.

She will stay with me so wont have to worry about all the bills of owning a house.
Mainly just health insurance.And she is not on any prescription meds, so thats a plus.

Just wondering who else may have been through it lately.
Thanks.
Old Aug 30th 2006, 2:56 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Usc applying for Parent

Originally Posted by unicorndreams
Hi,
Mainly just health insurance.
That is where it tends to fall down, how do you intend dealing with this?

What she is on now and what she may be on a few years hence could be significantly different.
Old Aug 30th 2006, 8:04 pm
Forum Regular

unicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
That is where it tends to fall down, how do you intend dealing with this?

What she is on now and what she may be on a few years hence could be significantly different.

True, but health insurance will be about the only thing she needs to pay out for as she will be living with us.
Old Aug 30th 2006, 8:28 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by unicorndreams
True, but health insurance will be about the only thing she needs to pay out for as she will be living with us.
That can be quite enought to bankrupt most.

Unless you have a lot of money or very good health.

Look to see what State arrangements she might be able to benefit from.

Also of course depends on age, my parents are in their 70's, your mother might be much younger.

The only person I have seen had parents in their late 50's who were going to get a job with insurance....
Old Aug 30th 2006, 8:48 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Oh God !!! the though of living with my mother day in day out ...
The nightmares are starting ...
Old Aug 31st 2006, 5:39 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Boiler
That can be quite enought to bankrupt most.

Unless you have a lot of money or very good health.

Look to see what State arrangements she might be able to benefit from.

Also of course depends on age, my parents are in their 70's, your mother might be much younger.

The only person I have seen had parents in their late 50's who were going to get a job with insurance....

Luckily we get on great and always have.
She will be selling her house and everything, so thats her money to live off.
Wont get anything i doubt from State as we will have to fill in Affidavit of support and i dont think she will take it all the way to Citizenship.
She is 67 right now.

Thanks for chatting , nice to get other peoples thoughts on things.