usa visit visa from uk

Old Jul 5th 2018, 12:10 pm
Just Joined

umairarif is an unknown quantity at this point
Default usa visit visa from uk

hello
I applied a b1 visa in april2018 and was refused on of not having strong reasons that i will come back to the UK. I will try to give as much info about my self I can and then if you guys can give you input and any suggestions for a new application. I am 39years old Pakistani on a 10 year partner rout visa in UK, earning 2k pounds a month, i have a british partner with 3 british kids. we live together. i have 2 driving convictions in UK and a fight with my partner which went to court 4 years ago and then settled. i have been in UK for 12 years now, came as a student and then met my partner and switched my visa. I applied to visit my uncle in usa along with my partner but was refused. i was asked few questions about my self, my partner, my job and the family I was going to visit in USA, I stated that my trip will be of 10 days, i had my job and my bank statement documents on me.
I would like to apply for the visa again around xmas time, I would like to know what can i do to convince the IO,
I hope this info is enough for you guys to advice me but if any other thing you need to know please let me know.
kind regards
Old Jul 5th 2018, 12:34 pm
Forum Regular

BigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: usa visit visa from uk

Originally Posted by umairarif
hello
I applied a b1 visa in april2018 and was refused on of not having strong reasons that i will come back to the UK. I will try to give as much info about my self I can and then if you guys can give you input and any suggestions for a new application. I am 39years old Pakistani on a 10 year partner rout visa in UK, earning 2k pounds a month, i have a british partner with 3 british kids. we live together. i have 2 driving convictions in UK and a fight with my partner which went to court 4 years ago and then settled. i have been in UK for 12 years now, came as a student and then met my partner and switched my visa. I applied to visit my uncle in usa along with my partner but was refused. i was asked few questions about my self, my partner, my job and the family I was going to visit in USA, I stated that my trip will be of 10 days, i had my job and my bank statement documents on me.
I would like to apply for the visa again around xmas time, I would like to know what can i do to convince the IO,
I hope this info is enough for you guys to advice me but if any other thing you need to know please let me know.
kind regards
Maybe a letter from your employer, and do you have a mortgage / lease agreement for your accommodation in the UK?
Old Jul 5th 2018, 12:41 pm
Just Joined

i had a letter from employer and my tenancy agreement with my application but she dint ask for any supporting documents.
Old Jul 5th 2018, 12:42 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat096 is an unknown quantity at this point

surely you should have applied for a B2 visa for tourism and not the B1 which is for business purposes...
Old Jul 5th 2018, 12:43 pm
Just Joined

i did apply for B1 visa
Old Jul 5th 2018, 12:45 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat096 is an unknown quantity at this point

i did apply for B1 visa

"B-1 visas are nonimmigrant visas for persons traveling to the United States temporarily to engage in business activities such as the negotiation of contracts, consultation with business associates, litigation, and participation in scientific, educational, professional or business conventions, conferences or seminars and other legitimate activities of a commercial or professional nature."

i think you should have applied for a B2, which is for tourism
Old Jul 5th 2018, 12:49 pm
Just Joined

right, sorry it was for visit B category visa and dont have the refusal document right now on me to confirm, but surely was not the business category visa
Old Jul 5th 2018, 1:28 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Really all you can do is wait and build stronger ties to the UK. When will you be eligible to become a UK citizen? You keep saying "partner" but are you married? Do you own property in the UK?

Rene
Old Jul 5th 2018, 1:31 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Really all you can do is wait and build stronger ties to the UK. When will you be eligible to become a UK citizen? You keep saying "partner" but are you married? Do you own property in the UK?

Rene
i will become uk citizen in 2025 and not married to my british partner, we live in a rented property
ty
Old Jul 5th 2018, 1:41 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

i will become uk citizen in 2025 and not married to my british partner, we live in a rented property
ty
You mentioned "a British partner with 3 British children" Are they your biological children or are they his children from a previous relationship? If they are your children, were they going to be traveling with you or staying in the UK?

Why did you not give her your evidence at the time of the interview rather than sit back and wait to be asked for it? You are free to try again for a B2 tourist visa but you need to be able to prove that you are going back to the UK and not remaining in the US. A detailed letter from employer stating your holiday time and when you are scheduled to return to work, a rental agreement with your name on it, etc. Good luck.
Old Jul 5th 2018, 1:46 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
You mentioned "a British partner with 3 British children" Are they your biological children or are they his children from a previous relationship? If they are your children, were they going to be traveling with you or staying in the UK?

Why did you not give her your evidence at the time of the interview rather than sit back and wait to be asked for it? You are free to try again for a B2 tourist visa but you need to be able to prove that you are going back to the UK and not remaining in the US. A detailed letter from employer stating your holiday time and when you are scheduled to return to work, a rental agreement with your name on it, etc. Good luck.
Conoffs and other consulate staff don't generally allow visa applicants to submit supporting documentation. They only ask for the essential documents (eg. DS-160 barcode page, ACRO certificate and VCU-01 forms) but refuse to accept or look at any other paperwork if the applicant tries to hand it over.
Old Jul 5th 2018, 1:50 pm
Just Joined

Yes i m the biological father of kids with my partner and kids were not traveling, i told her kids will b staying with their nan and tbh I thought she will ask for documents, I had tenancy agreement with me and general job letter that i work with them.
Old Jul 5th 2018, 2:02 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Yes i m the biological father of kids with my partner and kids were not traveling, i told her kids will b staying with their nan and tbh I thought she will ask for documents, I had tenancy agreement with me and general job letter that i work with them.
I don't mean to sound flippant, but perhaps it might be easier for your uncle to visit you in the UK rather than you trying to visit the USA.
Old Jul 5th 2018, 2:07 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by materialcontroller
I don't mean to sound flippant, but perhaps it might be easier for your uncle to visit you in the UK rather than you trying to visit the USA.
yes but its not only my uncle its my cousins and their kids who i never met, they all cant come over so easir for just me to visit, also who dont want to visit and see usa once in a life mate!
Old Jul 5th 2018, 2:41 pm
Account Closed

yes but its not only my uncle its my cousins and their kids who i never met, they all cant come over so easir for just me to visit, also who dont want to visit and see usa once in a life mate!
None of that matters if you can't get permission to visit the USA. Having family members in the USA actually works against you, because the US authorities might be inclined to think that you'll try to stay with them and remain in the country rather than return to the UK.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.