Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Us tourist visa advice help needed

Us tourist visa advice help needed

Old Jul 27th 2014, 9:40 am
Just Joined

John4688 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Us tourist visa advice help needed

Hi everyone can anyone offer some advice please.

My wife had her non immigration tourist visa interview at the London embassy on Monday. Her visa was accepted and she was told she would get her passport and visa back in 3-5 days. Great we thought as were ment to be traveling next Sunday.
I checked the status on the ceac website on Friday night and it says 'Administrative Processing' obviously everything we read said that this can take ages but we were not told this at the interview they didn't give her the 221g hand out or anything!
My question is do all ceac status fall in to Administrative Processing status after the interview till issued or should we worry it will take several weeks?
Has anyone experienced this before?

Any help is greatly appreciated
Thanks
Old Jul 27th 2014, 9:48 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Us tourist visa advice help needed

Originally Posted by John4688
Hi everyone can anyone offer some advice please.

My wife had her non immigration tourist visa interview at the London embassy on Monday. Her visa was accepted and she was told she would get her passport and visa back in 3-5 days. Great we thought as were ment to be traveling next Sunday.
I checked the status on the ceac website on Friday night and it says 'Administrative Processing' obviously everything we read said that this can take ages but we were not told this at the interview they didn't give her the 221g hand out or anything!
My question is do all ceac status fall in to Administrative Processing status after the interview till issued or should we worry it will take several weeks?
Has anyone experienced this before?

Any help is greatly appreciated
Thanks
Not sure of the specific answer to your question, but the advice, never buy a ticket till you have the visa in hand does come to mind.
Old Jul 27th 2014, 9:55 am
Just Joined

We know this now we just followed the advise of the travel agents!
Old Jul 27th 2014, 9:56 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

We know this now we just followed the advise of the travel agents!
Who know absolutely nothing about visas and time frames, all they want is to sell you a holiday.
Old Jul 27th 2014, 10:02 am
Just Joined

Well aware of that now!
Old Jul 27th 2014, 12:24 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, they all say Admin Processing before it says Issued. Check again on Monday, Tuesday, etc.

Rene
Old Jul 27th 2014, 12:30 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Yes, they all say Admin Processing before it says Issued. ......
Also do this:

It's about all you can do at the moment.
Old Jul 27th 2014, 12:59 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Generally, and in the absence of a 221(g), administrative processing is simply a catch phrase that covers the creation of the visa.

Ian
Old Jul 27th 2014, 3:06 pm
Just Joined

Ok thanks everyone if every visa application goes to that first it's a bit more reassuring! I guess Administrative Processing would be a blanket phrase to cover all processing. My wife said the lady who interviewed her was very polite and nice wished us a happy honeymoon and said it would be ready in 3-5 days hopefully it will change tomorrow. But from what I've read on this web site the ceac website isn't very well kept up to date.
Old Jul 27th 2014, 6:16 pm
Forum Regular

seawaternow is just really niceseawaternow is just really niceseawaternow is just really niceseawaternow is just really niceseawaternow is just really niceseawaternow is just really niceseawaternow is just really niceseawaternow is just really niceseawaternow is just really niceseawaternow is just really niceseawaternow is just really nice

I thought State Department had issues with CCD? or whatever it's called the system - affecting visas, passport and CRBA issuances.
Old Jul 27th 2014, 10:35 pm
Hoppity hop...

BunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seawaternow
I thought State Department had issues with CCD? or whatever it's called the system - affecting visas, passport and CRBA issuances.
It does:

U.S. Visa

It looks like they're getting there but I'm guessing there'll be a substantial backlog to get through. OP, if you're delayed, this will probably be why...
Old Jul 28th 2014, 6:58 am
Just Joined

Ok there still issuing visas then that's good! It sounds like it's nearly back to normal.
We will keep everything crossed
Old Jul 28th 2014, 12:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Guindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond repute

If the travel agent gave you wrong advice, then surely you have a claim for reimbursement of any money paid to them as a result?

The TA is supposed to be a professional and the point of using one is to cover all eventualities, therefore bum information is their responsibility, IMO.
Old Jul 28th 2014, 2:25 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Then was no suggestion that the TA will not get them re booked.
Old Jul 28th 2014, 5:28 pm
Just Joined

Nope travel agents won't re book absolutely gutted it was meant to be our honey moon 2 weeks in Florida then a week in Jamaica. Looks like we won't be going they had to have technical problems the week we need it. Just have to take it as an expensive learning curve.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.