Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

US Immigration Medicals and pre-hypertension

US Immigration Medicals and pre-hypertension

Old May 18th 2009, 6:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Want2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of light
Default US Immigration Medicals and pre-hypertension

Hello, I am going to have my US immigration medical in 2 days. I checked my blood pressure yesterday (on a station that is located in one of the drugstores) and the level came higher than normal (pre-hypertension).

Am I going to fail the medicals now? What should I do to lower my level? I have only two days left for the medical check up. Thanks.
Old May 18th 2009, 6:57 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: US Immigration Medicals and pre-hypertension

Originally Posted by Want2Move
Hello, I am going to have my US immigration medical in 2 days. I checked my blood pressure yesterday (on a station that is located in one of the drugstores) and the level came higher than normal (pre-hypertension).

Am I going to fail the medicals now? What should I do to lower my level? I have only two days left for the medical check up. Thanks.
Stop smoking and no coffee
Old May 18th 2009, 7:03 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

And doctor fatbrit said no booze and drink lots of water.

You won't fail the medical for high BP, but the doc might recommend some treatment.
Old May 18th 2009, 7:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Want2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Ray
Stop smoking and no coffee
Thanks, but I do not smoke and I drink a very little coffee (like once a month).
Old May 18th 2009, 7:08 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, but I do not smoke and I drink a very little coffee (like once a month).
Well there's your problem!
Old May 18th 2009, 7:09 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Well you obviouly have little time left ....
time to start smoking and drinking coffee ... lol
Old May 18th 2009, 7:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by meauxna
Well there's your problem!
Is that a joke? I am confused. Where is my problem?
Old May 18th 2009, 7:11 pm

Is that a joke? I am confused. Where is my problem?
Yes, it's a joke. I started drinking coffee at age 8 and recommend it to everyone. <----that part is not a joke.
Old May 18th 2009, 7:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks. Good to know that high BP is not going to fail the medical. I do not drink and smoke, but I am just a little bit overweight (5'10" with 182 lbs). I guess too many hamburgers, sodas and pizzas. I am reducing them now.
Old May 18th 2009, 7:18 pm
Ray

Originally Posted by meauxna
Yes, it's a joke. I started drinking coffee at age 8 and recommend it to everyone. <----that part is not a joke.
Most people have elevate BP when they visit doctors, dentist etc
particularly as you get older..its known as white coat syndrome
http://www.webmd.com/hypertension-hi...-coat-syndrome

A lot of Doctors will expect an elevate BP

my BP was 180 over 100 ....at my medical ...
Old May 18th 2009, 11:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray

my BP was 180 over 100 ....at my medical ...
Too high - naughty Raymundo

I'm sure that it's improved since then
Old May 19th 2009, 2:27 am
Ray

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
Too high - naughty Raymundo
I'm sure that it's improved since then
it went up to over 200 over 100 and something ..

but down a bit down
Old May 19th 2009, 3:24 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

I was in Safeway today and whilst waiting at the Chemist Counter also stuck my arm in one of these machines, I came back at 121, if memory serves me, which it did not test, over 120 put you out of the normal range.

The other reading was 79 which apparently is normal.
Old May 19th 2009, 3:29 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
it went up to over 200 over 100 and something ..

but down a bit down
Aspirin will knock it down as long as you take it before you go to bed. Bugger when you cut yourself shaving, though! The 81mg dosage is a silly marketing gimmick in the US. WTF couldn't they just produce 75mg like normal countries do?
Old May 19th 2009, 3:30 am
Ray

Originally Posted by Boiler
I was in Safeway today and whilst waiting at the Chemist Counter also stuck my arm in one of these machines, I came back at 121, if memory serves me, which it did not test, over 120 put you out of the normal range.

The other reading was 79 which apparently is normal.
Perfect you will live forever ....

http://www.bloodpressurehigh.com/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.