Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

US Embassy London - accompanying (american) children

US Embassy London - accompanying (american) children

Old Dec 9th 2009, 6:40 pm
Just Joined

malcolmguthrie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default US Embassy London - accompanying (american) children

Hi,

My wife and I have interviews coming up for H1/H4 visa in London. I'm confused by conflicting advice from the consulate telephone operator and the website regarding my kids...

The kids are both US citizens, my wife and I are not. Due to not having a babysitter in London, we want the kids to come with us for the interview. When we asked about this at the time of making the appointment, we were told this wasn't a problem.

However, the website suggests NOONE get's in without an appointment.

Has anyone actually tried taking kids in where the kid does not have an appointment?? Ideally don't want to spend another $16 to call the embassy to double-check!

Thanks,
Malcolm
Old Dec 9th 2009, 6:53 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: US Embassy London - accompanying (american) children

In the case of couples they normally let the US partner in on production of their US passport. So take the children's US passports and it should be OK. But nothing is 100% certain no matter who tells you what.
Old Dec 9th 2009, 7:18 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: US Embassy London - accompanying (american) children

I'd be happy to call it 99%.
They generally don't turn US citizens away from their Embassy.

You can email with your appointment info to get their names added to the 'list' for the day: [email protected]