US citizenship questions

Old Sep 7th 2023, 6:14 pm
Just Joined

weeman4man is an unknown quantity at this point
Default US citizenship questions

Hello everyone, first time post here.

I’ve been living in Texas for the past 14 years and in two weeks time I’m taking my US citizenship test. My wife and kids have been helping me by using flash cards. Getting a lot of question correct, but also getting a lot wrong.

Online it said they will ask 10 questions from a possible 100, so I’m just wondering what are the most likely 10 questions they will actually asked?

Thank you 🙏
Old Sep 7th 2023, 6:21 pm
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: US citizenship questions

Originally Posted by weeman4man
Hello everyone, first time post here.

I’ve been living in Texas for the past 14 years and in two weeks time I’m taking my US citizenship test. My wife and kids have been helping me by using flash cards. Getting a lot of question correct, but also getting a lot wrong.

Online it said they will ask 10 questions from a possible 100, so I’m just wondering what are the most likely 10 questions they will actually asked?

Thank you 🙏
my understudying is it is generated randomly on the computer, although some are state specific questions. He was reading them from the computer screen at my interview. You can get an iPhone app to practice.
Old Sep 7th 2023, 6:25 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tht
my understudying is it is generated randomly on the computer, although some are state specific questions. He was reading them from the computer screen at my interview. You can get an iPhone app to practice.
It's usually good to be sure that you know who your local senator/s and congresspeople are.
Old Sep 7th 2023, 6:34 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by tht
I’ll need to look into the app. Thank you.
Old Sep 7th 2023, 6:36 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
It's usually good to be sure that you know who your local senator/s and congresspeople are.
Thank you for the info and help 🙏
Old Sep 8th 2023, 1:37 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I’ll need to look into the app. Thank you.
It is not a hard test and yes, they can ask 10 questions. However, the reality is that you only need to answer 6 correct to pass. If you answer the first 6 correctly, the examiner will stop there. Or if you miss one somewhere in the 1 to 6 questions, then they will ask question #7.

They want you to pass the test so they will ask, ask, ask, until you get 6 correct. Know your local representatives and senators; who is president, and no, the dimwit, is not the correct answer. Bring your supporting documents with you and any updates if there are any, i.e. last tax return.

Let us know how you make out.
Old Sep 8th 2023, 3:33 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Rete
It is not a hard test and yes, they can ask 10 questions. However, the reality is that you only need to answer 6 correct to pass. If you answer the first 6 correctly, the examiner will stop there. Or if you miss one somewhere in the 1 to 6 questions, then they will ask question #7.

They want you to pass the test so they will ask, ask, ask, until you get 6 correct. Know your local representatives and senators; who is president, and no, the dimwit, is not the correct answer. Bring your supporting documents with you and any updates if there are any, i.e. last tax return.

Let us know how you make out.
Thank you so much. I’m just kinda getting nervous I guess!

it’s mostly the questions about congress/the house stuff. Question like I listed below, I’ll keep at it and hopefully it will all stick in my mind 😂

1) How many US Senators are there?

2) How many number of Justices on the Supreme Court?

3) What stops one branch of the government becoming to powerful?

4) What is the economy system in the US?

5) What does the Judicial branch do)
Old Sep 8th 2023, 6:11 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

it’s mostly the questions about congress/the house stuff. Question like I listed below, I’ll keep at it and hopefully it will all stick in my mind 😂

From 40 years practicing immigration law, I can join Rete in telling you that they want you to pass. I can tell you that I never had a client fail and some were pretty bad.

Also, there is some flexibility in answering the questions. By way of example, the number of senators can be correctly answered by 100 or two from each state.

By the way, it is perfectly normal to be nervous. The examiners see it every day.
Old Sep 8th 2023, 6:13 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
From 40 years practicing immigration law, I can join Rete in telling you that they want you to pass. I can tell you that I never had a client fail and some were pretty bad.

Also, there is some flexibility in answering the questions. By way of example, the number of senators can be correctly answered by 100 or two from each state.
thank you 🙏
Old Sep 9th 2023, 1:24 am
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by S Folinsky

By the way, it is perfectly normal to be nervous. The examiners see it every day.
20 years reading accounts on BE, I also have not seen anyone report failing at the test stage... Apart from the current politicians, most of the facts have not changed in many years and could be considered common knowledge.

Anyway, they are not trying to trip you up, so just get familiar with the questions, and the answers will become second nature! (10 years since I did the test).
Old Sep 9th 2023, 2:03 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

It was approx 15 years ago when we took the test. I concur…they want you to pass. The questions were easy. The interviewer said to my daughter, ‘I see you are at uni taking American studies, so there’s no point in asking you questions because you will know the answers’. End of interview.
Old Sep 9th 2023, 2:21 am
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
It was approx 15 years ago when we took the test. I concur…they want you to pass. The questions were easy. The interviewer said to my daughter, ‘I see you are at uni taking American studies, so there’s no point in asking you questions because you will know the answers’. End of interview.
I forgot to add, my interviewer forgot to ask me the questions at all. I got a call from her an hour later to come back for the test, and also to bring the divorce decree that was also not include in my application (my mistake). Luckily I was able to go back same day and tick all the boxes.
I posted about it in late 2013 but I can't find the posts/threads today!
Old Sep 9th 2023, 3:15 am
BE Irregular

Do not quote me on this!
1) 100 but only 2 brains between them
2) 9 - 4 progressive & 5 regressive
3) Dirt on each other
4) Capitalism
5) Whatever the Political Branch appointed them to do

I know not supposed to joke in Immigration forums etc!
Old Sep 20th 2023, 6:36 pm
Just Joined

I went a few days ago for my test and passed. Went smooth and easy. Went up front after my test and got a letter with a day and time to return for my oath ceremony next week.

Only thing is, my current employer who she put in computer…..well my place of work just closed down 2 days ago. Not sure if that will be a problem?

1) What is the National anthem called
2) Party of the current President
3) Father of our country
4) Who do we pledge a legion to
5) Current speaker of the house
6) Name a war the US was involved in, in the 1900s
Old Sep 20th 2023, 10:18 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by RICH
Do not quote me on this!
1) 100 but only 2 brains between them
2) 9 - 4 progressive & 5 regressive
3) Dirt on each other
4) Capitalism
5) Whatever the Political Branch appointed them to do

I know not supposed to joke in Immigration forums etc!
😂 😂

I went a few days ago for my test and passed. Went smooth and easy. Went up to the front desk after my test and got a letter with a day and time to return for my oath ceremony next week.

Only thing is, my current employer who she put in computer…..well my place of work just closed down 2 days ago. Not sure if that will be a problem?

1) What is the National anthem called
2) Party of the current President
3) Father of our country
4) Who do we pledge a legion to
5) Current speaker of the house
6) Name a war the US was involved in, in the 1900s

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.