Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

US Citizen Parents sponsoring married children in the UK

US Citizen Parents sponsoring married children in the UK

Old Nov 20th 2016, 9:24 pm
Just Joined

mthomas77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default US Citizen Parents sponsoring married children in the UK

Hi, I am in the UK who is married and was wondering how long it would take my Parents who are US Citizen to sponsor me? They are living in Texas. Thank you.
Old Nov 20th 2016, 9:33 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: US Citizen Parents sponsoring married children in the UK

According to the Visa Bulletin here: https://travel.state.gov/content/vis...mber-2016.html, you would be category F3.

For Category F3, USCIS is currently working on I-130 petitions that were filed in January 2005.

This doesn't really tell you how long YOUR case may take, because you don't know how many people are ahead of you in line....but it does give you some rough idea.

Rene
Old Nov 20th 2016, 10:14 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mthomas77
I am in the UK who is married and was wondering how long it would take my Parents who are US Citizen to sponsor me?
If they were to submit an I-130 petition today to start the immigration process for you, you'd get a visa sometime in the next 15 or so years. If you were to get divorced, you could probably cut 5 years off the time. Your choice.

Ian
Old Nov 21st 2016, 8:21 pm
Just Joined

Thank you all very much for the details. Didnt know it would take that long. My Mother is 83 years old. If she was to sponsor me and by the time the process is completed she will be 98-year-old. What would happen to my application if she was to die before it was completed? Would it still be processed or would it become invalid?
Old Nov 21st 2016, 8:33 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you all very much for the details. Didnt know it would take that long. My Mother is 83 years old. If she was to sponsor me and by the time the process is completed she will be 98-year-old. What would happen to my application if she was to die before it was completed? Would it still be processed or would it become invalid?
It would die with her.
Old Nov 21st 2016, 10:16 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

What would happen to my application if she was to die before it was completed? Would it still be processed or would it become invalid?
As Boiler notes, the application would become immediately invalid. It dies with her. Do you have any USC siblings living in the US?

Ian
Old Nov 21st 2016, 10:36 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Each parent should file an I-130. That way, if one of them should pass away the surviving parent's I-130 will continue on. But when that parent dies, if you haven't immigrated yet, that petition dies also.

Rene
Old Nov 22nd 2016, 8:54 pm
Just Joined

thanks all for the comments. Yes I do have a brother who is a US Citizen. I just thought going via my parents it would be a quicker process than my brother. Am I allowed to have both my brother and parents sponsor me at the same time? Thanks for everyone advise so far, I have learnt a lot.
Old Nov 22nd 2016, 8:59 pm

Yes, they can all submit I-130s at the same time.

Rene
Old Nov 22nd 2016, 9:36 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

thanks all for the comments. Yes I do have a brother who is a US Citizen. I just thought going via my parents it would be a quicker process than my brother. Am I allowed to have both my brother and parents sponsor me at the same time? .....
As Noorah said, yes you can have two independent applications in simultaneous ..... in fact you can have several, so if you discover another possible route to a visa it would be OK to put in a third application, or a fourth, or a .....
Old Nov 22nd 2016, 11:16 pm
Account Closed

I just thought going via my parents it would be a quicker process than my brother.
Yes, it would be... so long as your parents survive the time delay between now and then. Hopefully, your brother will still be alive in 15-20 years. Consider this - all you have to do is wait... nothing else. In the grand scheme of things, you'll have no hardship at all getting a visa. There are, literally, millions of people who aren't as fortunate.

Here's a question though... how is it that your parents and brother are US citizens but you're not?

Ian
Old Nov 23rd 2016, 9:31 am
Banned

Twinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond repute

The family can all send a petition - USCIS will be glad of all the fees. Remember the petition fee goes up next month from $420.00 to $535.00 so USCIS will be even happier to have one from each parent and one from your brother.
Old Nov 23rd 2016, 5:36 pm
Just Joined

thank you all for the details. its really been helpful. apprecite it all
Old Nov 23rd 2016, 5:37 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Yes, they can all submit I-130s at the same time.

Rene
thank you Noorah.
Old Nov 23rd 2016, 5:38 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pulaski
As Noorah said, yes you can have two independent applications in simultaneous ..... in fact you can have several, so if you discover another possible route to a visa it would be OK to put in a third application, or a fourth, or a .....
Thank you Pulaski

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.