urgent urgent question

Old Feb 1st 2005, 11:46 pm
Just Joined

connieho is an unknown quantity at this point
Default urgent urgent question

I have a very urgent question... my husband will be applying for a green card sometime this month, and I know that the waiting period is 6-9 months. This summer however, we were planning on going to Hong Kong... will he be allowed back in the country if he hasn't received his visa by then? We were planning on staying from June-August.
Please, anyone that can help... thank you!!!
Connie Ho
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 12:09 am
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: urgent urgent question

Originally Posted by connieho
I have a very urgent question... my husband will be applying for a green card sometime this month, and I know that the waiting period is 6-9 months. This summer however, we were planning on going to Hong Kong... will he be allowed back in the country if he hasn't received his visa by then? We were planning on staying from June-August.
Connie Ho
Hi Connie,
More information please. Where are you, where is your husband, for what visa are you applying, and how far along are you in the process?

~SecretGarden
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 12:35 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

... will he be allowed back in the country if he hasn't received his visa by then?
No, he won't.

Ian
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 12:38 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SecretGarden
More information please.
She has spread her questions over 3 or 4 different threads - all asking for immediate and urgent help. Newbies!

Ian
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 1:48 pm
Just Joined

Hi Connie,
More information please. Where are you, where is your husband, for what visa are you applying, and how far along are you in the process?

~SecretGarden
Hi.... My husband and I are both currently living in Utica, NY. We have just been gathering information so far, and have not actually filled out or sent in any of the forms just yet. We are applying for an immigrant visa so that he can live and work in the U.S.
thanks
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 1:58 pm
Just Joined

iitu is on a distinguished road

i'm sorry but your information seems to still be missing some pieces.

connie, he can not come back to the US without any form of visa. unless he's canadian with a VWP.

if you are applying for AOS and leaving for HK in 6 months time apply for
I-131 Advance Parole concurrently.

this is all I know. other's maybe able to help you.
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 2:03 pm
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Hi.... My husband and I are both currently living in Utica, NY. We have just been gathering information so far, and have not actually filled out or sent in any of the forms just yet. We are applying for an immigrant visa so that he can live and work in the U.S.
thanks
Ok, in order to help you, we need to know:
1. Who is the US Citizen?
2. From where is the foreign spouse?
3. How did the foreign spouse get here, how long has that person been here?
4. Where and when did you marry?

If you can answer those questions, that is a good starting point. People can't help you if you don't give sufficient detail.

~SecretGarden
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 2:07 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Connie Ho
If he will not reside in the uS he can not be given a resident visa, nor would he need it.
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 6:26 pm
Just Joined

Ok, in order to help you, we need to know:
1. Who is the US Citizen?
2. From where is the foreign spouse?
3. How did the foreign spouse get here, how long has that person been here?
4. Where and when did you marry?

If you can answer those questions, that is a good starting point. People can't help you if you don't give sufficient detail.

~SecretGarden
1. I am the U.S. citizen, born and raised in the U.S.
2. My husband is from Hong Kong
3. He came here on a student visa, and his student visa is valid until
2007, as long as he is enrolled in school. He has been here for
approximately 2 years.
4. We got married January 20th, 2005, in Oneida County City Clerk's office,
in the state of New York.
*****if there's anything else that you all think would be helpful for me to provide or know... just tell me ok?
THANKS AGAIN!!!
Connie
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 6:30 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ironporer
If he will not reside in the uS he can not be given a resident visa, nor would he need it.
No, we are both planning on living in the U.S., however this summer we are only visiting Hong Kong... but we are staying here, so therefore he needs a visa to be able to live and work in the U.S. right?
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 2:05 am
Just Joined

No, we are both planning on living in the U.S., however this summer we are only visiting Hong Kong... but we are staying here, so therefore he needs a visa to be able to live and work in the U.S. right?
my suggestion is wait until you come back from HK before you apply for AOS since his visa is still good until 2007. your travel plans may only get delayed if you start with the process now.
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 12:46 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by iitu
my suggestion is wait until you come back from HK before you apply for AOS since his visa is still good until 2007. your travel plans may only get delayed if you start with the process now.

ok... that makes sense, and we actually thought of that... thank you
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 7:21 pm
Cool Member

USA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
She has spread her questions over 3 or 4 different threads - all asking for immediate and urgent help. Newbies!

Ian
Whewww! By reading the header(s) i thought it must be a life and death situation!

Marnee
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 8:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

DCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really nice

I hear you! However, when we first looked into AOS I was SHOCKED that there was some rule that would prevent you from leaving the country. For someone used to coming and going (VWP) is a big surprise.

Originally Posted by USA & Pakistan
Whewww! By reading the header(s) i thought it must be a life and death situation!

Marnee
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 9:39 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by USA & Pakistan

Marnee
it is... they are going on vacation in HK!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.