Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

urgent question on EAD application

urgent question on EAD application

Old Nov 23rd 2008, 10:39 pm
Just Joined

novl2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default urgent question on EAD application

I am on L2 visa(spouse of L1) and applying for EAD. I have two urgent questions.

1. I have recently come here and do not have any permanent address. I can either give hotel address where my husband is staying or his office address. Is it ok to give one of these addresses and which one is better option?

2. Also I need to go back to UK after sending EAD paper application to USCIS. Would it be a problem if I am away from US while application is in process.

-sonia.
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 11:03 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: urgent question on EAD application

Originally Posted by novl2
I am on L2 visa(spouse of L1) and applying for EAD. I have two urgent questions.

1. I have recently come here and do not have any permanent address. I can either give hotel address where my husband is staying or his office address. Is it ok to give one of these addresses and which one is better option?

2. Also I need to go back to UK after sending EAD paper application to USCIS. Would it be a problem if I am away from US while application is in process.

-sonia.
1. Office address is more stable and secure, I would think.
2. It's OK to leave after applying for the EAD. I don't know if an L2 needs to have biometrics done with the I-765 application, but make sure you find out if you need to stick around for that. If so, you can leave after the biometrics are taken.

Rene
Old Dec 1st 2008, 11:46 pm
jcj
Just Joined

jcj is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Noorah101
1. Office address is more stable and secure, I would think.
2. It's OK to leave after applying for the EAD. I don't know if an L2 needs to have biometrics done with the I-765 application, but make sure you find out if you need to stick around for that. If so, you can leave after the biometrics are taken.

Rene
My spouse's L2 has just arrived. She posted it via snail mail (not online) and got the card in one month or so. And, yes she went back to UK after applying. She didn't have to do biometrics as we were told elsewhere on the forum (if apply by post, search the forum). So, apply by post. Though your mileage may vary, be prepared to come back if you get a letter for biometrics.
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 12:56 am
Shocked of Redmond

nettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jcj
My spouse's L2 has just arrived. She posted it via snail mail (not online) and got the card in one month or so. And, yes she went back to UK after applying. She didn't have to do biometrics as we were told elsewhere on the forum (if apply by post, search the forum). So, apply by post. Though your mileage may vary, be prepared to come back if you get a letter for biometrics.
When my EAD was issued I had a single fingerprint (right index) that was done at the time the EAD was issued. However, I was right on the 90-day limit, with a job offer in my back pocket so I went down to USCIS.

Disclaimer: this was in 2004, so things may very well be different now, especially with INFOPASS, etc...