Urgent Help

Old Jul 6th 2001, 3:04 am
KingE

I'm getting all my aos stuff together to file as I only have until July 12th left on
my k1 visa.

Big problem - I have mislaid my I797 NOA, can't find it anywhere. Not with any of my
originals.

Can I go ahead and file all the other papers? Can I get a replacement and if so with
7 days? Will I have to leave when my visa runs out if I haven't filed papers for aos?
I have everything else ready to go.....

what can I do

Please help, I'm a newly wed madly in love.

Old Jul 6th 2001, 1:43 pm
paulgani

You need the NOA to file AOS. If you used an attorney, they also have an original
copy. If not, you have to obtain a replacement, and that could take months:

http://www.ins.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/i-824.htm

If I were you, I'd probably file the AOS with an I-130 form in lieu of your NOA, but
I would still file to obtain a duplicate NOA to bring to the final interview.

Paulgani

>
12th
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Jul 6th 2001, 2:24 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

As the other poster said you need the I-797 to file for your AOS. However, it does not have to be the original. You must/should have a copy of it somewhere in your paperwork. Did your USC spouse make a copy before sending the original off to you in England for the K-1 interview. If so, you can file with the copy. The original will be needed for the interview itself.

You can obtain another original by paying the fee at the service center you used. However that will take time which you don't have.

Personally, I would file without it and see if the person checking over your paperwork accepts it or not. The worse that will happen is that it is returned to you and you will have to file late or file along with an I-130. Stacey and Nic of NJ filed 9 months past the expiration of the K-1 and it was accepted without a problem. Perhaps you will be as lucky.

Rita