Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Urgent AP Question-Travel this weekend

Urgent AP Question-Travel this weekend

Old Mar 13th 2003, 5:15 am
BE Forum Addict

DCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really nice
Default Urgent AP Question-Travel this weekend

My wife is in the middle of AOS, with interview in May. She has an AP good until Oct 2003. She has used it once to fly home.

Would there be a problem in us flying to Montreal for the weekend using the AP, and using it again for visiting France May-June? Is that too many uses of AP?

A wonderful weekend hangs in the balance! (-:
Old Mar 13th 2003, 5:22 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Urgent AP Question-Travel this weekend

Originally posted by DCMark
My wife is in the middle of AOS, with interview in May. She has an AP good until Oct 2003. She has used it once to fly home.

Would there be a problem in us flying to Montreal for the weekend using the AP, and using it again for visiting France May-June? Is that too many uses of AP?

A wonderful weekend hangs in the balance! (-:
Montreal can be lovely in the spring, although I prefer it when the snow is off the ground myself.

As long as her A/P is for multi-entries she can use it every weekend if she so desires.

Rete
Old Mar 13th 2003, 5:33 am
BE Forum Addict

DCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really nice

Thank you Rete.

My french speaking wife has got to get out of the US for a few days. Too much anti-French sentiment!
Old Mar 13th 2003, 5:49 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Rete.

My french speaking wife has got to get out of the US for a few days. Too much anti-French sentiment!
Then Montreal it is ;-0)

My in-laws live just outside of Montreal in Chateguay and we visit them at least three times a year. We drive up rather than fly which is enjoyable in itself.

Haven't found the anti-French sentiment in NYC.

Have fun. And eat a little poutine for me please.

Rete
Old Mar 13th 2003, 6:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Woo Hoo

Got a last minute deal. $574 for 2 people including flight, nice room at the downtown Sheraton. Leaving at 6AM tomorrow.

WOOOOOOOO

Ok one more issue:

The AP document is for multiple entries. But it contains only two pictures (her photo). They took one of these photo pages when she got back from France. What happens when they take it this time again? Will they take more pictures at POE?

Let me know if this makes sense.
Old Mar 13th 2003, 6:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Caro is an unknown quantity at this point

Haven't found the anti-French sentiment in NYC.
I know what Mark's wife feels. I live in the Bay Area (reputed for its anti-war position), but I still feel this "anti-French atmosphere". It does not come from specific comments, nobody I have met has ever made even an insinuation and my colleagues and I joke together on the "Freedom toasts", but it is just a general climate and I would say that it comes mostly from the media. It is the same way that people in France/Europe say that there is no anti-americanism sentiment, maybe just an anti-Bush sentiment, but American people who visited Europe recently felt anti-american sentiment.

What is "killing" me is that "regular" people on both sides of the Atlantic have very similar thoughts and concerns on the Iraqi situation, but somehow, what has been going on at higher levels has generated a lot of totally unnecessary tensions and anti-each-other sentiment.

Caroline
Old Mar 13th 2003, 7:59 am
Concierge

No bad. Did you check into train fare. NY to Montreal is $140 round trip and not too bad a trip. Needs more than a weekend though to make it worthwhile.

No problem with the A/P. It has already been activated and she will only need to show it. There is nothing more for them to do with it as she has been paroled into the US indefinitely.

Rete

Woo Hoo

Got a last minute deal. $574 for 2 people including flight, nice room at the downtown Sheraton. Leaving at 6AM tomorrow.

WOOOOOOOO

Ok one more issue:

The AP document is for multiple entries. But it contains only two pictures (her photo). They took one of these photo pages when she got back from France. What happens when they take it this time again? Will they take more pictures at POE?

Old Mar 13th 2003, 8:06 am
Forum Regular

cdnclv is an unknown quantity at this point

Haven't been in this position myself (yet), but I have heard of people taking several photocopies of their AP to leave as "souvenirs" at the POE.

Woo Hoo

WOOOOOOOO

Ok one more issue: