Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Urgent: which Airlines take part in VW-Programm?

Urgent: which Airlines take part in VW-Programm?

Old May 12th 2004, 7:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ivonne is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Urgent: which Airlines take part in VW-Programm?

Hi, does anybody know, where I can find a list with the participating airlines in the visa waiver programm? As far as I know, not all Airlines take part. I specifically need to know, if Air India takes part, since my brother booked a flight to visit me (he is a german national). He doesn't know about US-Visaregulations, so he just booked the cheapest flight wich happened to be with Air India.
Old May 12th 2004, 8:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

CalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really nice
Default Re: Urgent: which Airlines take part in VW-Programm?

Originally posted by Ivonne
Hi, does anybody know, where I can find a list with the participating airlines in the visa waiver programm? As far as I know, not all Airlines take part. I specifically need to know, if Air India takes part, since my brother booked a flight to visit me (he is a german national). He doesn't know about US-Visaregulations, so he just booked the cheapest flight wich happened to be with Air India.
It wouldn't matter. He can obtain and fill out the I-94W form on arrival in the US.
Old May 12th 2004, 9:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

CalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really nice

Originally posted by CalgaryAMC
It wouldn't matter. He can obtain and fill out the I-94W form on arrival in the US.
My apologies, the information I gave above is incorrect. He must be travelling on an approved airline. I believe Air India is approved, but he should contact them to double-check.

I assumed all airlines flying into the US were approved, and that if he was not given an I-94W on the plane or at check-in, he could simply get one on arrival.
Old May 12th 2004, 11:44 pm
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by CalgaryAMC
My apologies, the information I gave above is incorrect. He must be travelling on an approved airline. I believe Air India is approved, but he should contact them to double-check.

I assumed all airlines flying into the US were approved, and that if he was not given an I-94W on the plane or at check-in, he could simply get one on arrival.
Some airlines have gotten people into a lot of trouble by not being signatory to the VW agreement. They US used to sell I-193 waivers when the airline wasn't signatory, but since 9/11 people are getting flown right back out and the airline is fined.

Air India is signatory. It's the smaller airlines you have to worry about.
Old May 13th 2004, 1:29 am
S Brook

crg14624 wrote:
    >
    > Originally posted by CalgaryAMC
    > > My apologies, the
    > information I gave above is incorrect. He must be travelling on an
    > approved airline. I believe Air India is approved, but he should contact
    > them to double-check.
    > >
    > > I assumed all airlines flying into the US
    > were approved, and that if he was not given an I-94W on the plane or at
    > check-in, he could simply get one on arrival.
    >
    > Some airlines
    > have gotten people into a lot of trouble by not being signatory to the
    > VW agreement. They US used to sell I-193 waivers when the airline
    > wasn't signatory, but since 9/11 people are getting flown right back out
    > and the airline is fined.
    >
    > Air India is signatory. It's the smaller
    > airlines you have to worry about.

Also, beware that it's not all flights either that come under the VWP.

Most of the world's major scheduled carriers are signatories to the VWP.

It's the smaller carriers, or chartered flights on charter carriers or
even some major carriers operating the charter that cause problems -
particularly those going to Vegas, Florida, LA etc.