Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Update: Montreal Interview (CanAm K1)...long

Update: Montreal Interview (CanAm K1)...long

Old Apr 12th 2002, 4:40 am
Jacy

Default Update: Montreal Interview (CanAm K1)...long

Alrighty...Slider55 and I headed up to Montreal yesterday (for an April 11th appt).
He booked a room at Hotel La Tour Centre-Ville (1-800-361-2790, 400 Boulevard
Rene-Levesque Ouest) and off we went. The route (thanks to MapQuest) was pretty
straightforward but we were still relieved to get off the road. We highly recommend
this hotel as it is literally right across the street from the consulate. Our room
was $89CDN and $15 for parking (plus taxes of course)...and after we checked out they
didn't mind that we were leaving the truck down there until we finished our business
at the consulate.

My appointment was for 9:30...we walked into the Consulate at 9:20. You stand at the
door until they call you into the security checkpoint. I had my passport and letter
with the interview date right on top (the guard appreciated that), we put our coats
and my purse on the x-ray machine and walked through the metal detector. We were then
informed to go down the stairs, to the elevator, up to the 19th floor, and to window
25. This is the cashier's window, but she didn't want my money. She asked what kind
of visa I was there for and gave me a number (well 2 of them)...C25. We sat down
(9:25am) and settled in for a long wait. The lighted display tells you when your
number is up and where to go. Please, for the sake of everyone around you, don't
start complaining and whining that the numbers are going backwards. It doesn't
make anyone else's wait any easier. There are three steps to the K1 and they use
the same numbers. Believe me, the numbers ARE going in order, even if they don't
seem like it...

Step 1: My number is called at 11:20am, I go to window 2 and give the woman (who is
very nice) my medical envelope. She gives me a form to bring to the cashier and tells
me I can leave my stuff there. I went back to window 25 and paid my $45 (US Cash).
She gave me a receipt and back I went to window 2. She asked for my birth
certificate, 2 passport style photos (there is a booth on site for anyone who forgets
them...keep in mind, these are the pics that are going into your
passport...unfortunately for me, no one warned me of this and I look like a total
criminal in my picture), Slider's letter of intent, my DS-156 (x2) and DS-156K,
Slider's I-134 (I think that's it) and sent me back to sit down. She was kind enough
to give me an elastic to put around my rolled up chest film...she said no one is
going to want to see it, and that it was a souveneir (maybe we will frame it and put
it up in the living room, huh Slider?). I was told to go back to the waiting room
and...well...wait.

Step 2: At 11:50am my number came up for my interview. I walked into the closet...I
mean room, and the lady behind the glass had me raise my right hand and state that I
have told the truth. She asked me if Slider has a house or apartment, what kind of
work he does, asked how we met, asked if he came to Canada or if I went to the
States for our first meeting, how long we conversed before we met in person, and if
I had always been a Canadian citizen. Most of these questions were based on
information written on our declaration with the I-129. She gave back my birth
certificate and receipt, and informed me that my visa had been approved and that I
should go back to sit down for about 30 mins when they would call my name. I sat
back down at about 12:00pm.

Step 3: My name was called, along with 2 others'. We went to window 2 where they
informed us that the printer was backed up because of the backlog of visas that they
had to print and told us to come back in 2 hours...at 2:30pm. Of course none of us
were too keen on this, considering we thought we were going to be back on the road by
12:30, but what can we do? My theory, it was lunch time. If this happens to any of
you, please remember to ask how you will get back into the building. You need your
passport in order to get through the check point, but they had our passports. They
put our name on some list down there, and Slider and I went to lunch (the Chinese
place in the hotel). They opened the doors at the Consulate (it is locked up for
their lunch) at about 2:20pm and we went back up to the 19th floor. More waiting
until everyone got back from lunch and at 2:40 we walked out of the Consulate with my
visa in hand.

It was a real pain in terms of waiting, but all in all (considering some of the
horror stories I saw and the stress I expected) it was pretty easy. I was pretty
well prepared thanks to this newsgroup and Doc Steen's site. I realize this is
really long winded, but I hope that it puts at least one couple at ease having an
idea of what to expect.

Next step in the great adventure....Port of Entry. It was suggested that I call the
Port I plan on entering through (Lewiston) to ask what they require in terms of
paperwork when I bring my belongings over in a couple of weeks. Stay tuned....

Old Apr 12th 2002, 5:33 am
Petey's Playmate

PEACHSTER is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Update: Montreal Interview (CanAm K1)...long

Congrats on your visa.

I really appreciate you posting this cause I believe my fiance will have his interview in Montreal & now wont have to search to find a good hotel. Thanks again.
Old Apr 12th 2002, 12:10 pm
Bonnie M

Congratulations Jacy and Slider...good to know Slider survivied..) Bonnie
and Dennis

"Jacy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Alrighty...Slider55 and I headed up to Montreal yesterday (for an April
11th
    > appt). He booked a room at Hotel La Tour Centre-Ville (1-800-361-2790, 400
    > Boulevard Rene-Levesque Ouest) and off we went. The route (thanks to MapQuest) was
    > pretty straightforward but we were still relieved to get off the road. We highly
    > recommend this hotel as it is literally right across
the
    > street from the consulate. Our room was $89CDN and $15 for parking (plus taxes of
    > course)...and after we checked out they didn't mind that we were leaving the truck
    > down there until we finished our business at the consulate.
    >
    > My appointment was for 9:30...we walked into the Consulate at 9:20. You stand at
    > the door until they call you into the security checkpoint. I had
my
    > passport and letter with the interview date right on top (the guard appreciated
    > that), we put our coats and my purse on the x-ray machine and walked through the
    > metal detector. We were then informed to go down the stairs, to the elevator, up to
    > the 19th floor, and to window 25. This is
the
    > cashier's window, but she didn't want my money. She asked what kind of
visa
    > I was there for and gave me a number (well 2 of them)...C25. We sat down
    > (9:25am) and settled in for a long wait. The lighted display tells you
when
    > your number is up and where to go. Please, for the sake of everyone around you,
    > don't start complaining and whining that the numbers are going backwards. It
    > doesn't make anyone else's wait any easier. There are three steps to the K1 and
    > they use the same numbers. Believe me, the numbers ARE going in order, even if they
    > don't seem like it...
    >
    > Step 1: My number is called at 11:20am, I go to window 2 and give the woman (who
is
    > very nice) my medical envelope. She gives me a form to bring to the
cashier
    > and tells me I can leave my stuff there. I went back to window 25 and paid my $45
    > (US Cash). She gave me a receipt and back I went to window 2. She asked for my
    > birth certificate, 2 passport style photos (there is a booth
on
    > site for anyone who forgets them...keep in mind, these are the pics that
are
    > going into your passport...unfortunately for me, no one warned me of this and I
    > look like a total criminal in my picture), Slider's letter of
intent,
    > my DS-156 (x2) and DS-156K, Slider's I-134 (I think that's it) and sent me back to
    > sit down. She was kind enough to give me an elastic to put around
my
    > rolled up chest film...she said no one is going to want to see it, and
that
    > it was a souveneir (maybe we will frame it and put it up in the living
room,
    > huh Slider?). I was told to go back to the waiting room and...well...wait.
    >
    > Step 2: At 11:50am my number came up for my interview. I walked into the
closet...I
    > mean room, and the lady behind the glass had me raise my right hand and state that
    > I have told the truth. She asked me if Slider has a house or apartment, what kind
    > of work he does, asked how we met, asked if he came
to
    > Canada or if I went to the States for our first meeting, how long we conversed
    > before we met in person, and if I had always been a Canadian citizen. Most of these
    > questions were based on information written on our declaration with the I-129. She
    > gave back my birth certificate and
receipt,
    > and informed me that my visa had been approved and that I should go back
to
    > sit down for about 30 mins when they would call my name. I sat back down
at
    > about 12:00pm.
    >
    > Step 3: My name was called, along with 2 others'. We went to window 2 where they
    > informed us that the printer was backed up because of the backlog of visas that
    > they had to print and told us to come back in 2 hours...at 2:30pm. Of course none
    > of us were too keen on this, considering we thought we were going to be back on the
    > road by 12:30, but what can we do? My theory, it
was
    > lunch time. If this happens to any of you, please remember to ask how you will get
    > back into the building. You need your passport in order to get through the check
    > point, but they had our passports. They put our name on some list down there, and
    > Slider and I went to lunch (the Chinese place in the hotel). They opened the doors
    > at the Consulate (it is locked up for their lunch) at about 2:20pm and we went back
    > up to the 19th floor. More waiting until everyone got back from lunch and at 2:40
    > we walked out of
the
    > Consulate with my visa in hand.
    >
    > It was a real pain in terms of waiting, but all in all (considering some
of
    > the horror stories I saw and the stress I expected) it was pretty easy. I was
    > pretty well prepared thanks to this newsgroup and Doc Steen's site. I realize this
    > is really long winded, but I hope that it puts at least one couple at ease having
    > an idea of what to expect.
    >
    > Next step in the great adventure....Port of Entry. It was suggested that I call the
    > Port I plan on entering through (Lewiston) to ask what they
require
    > in terms of paperwork when I bring my belongings over in a couple of
weeks.
    > Stay tuned....
    >
    > ____________________________________________
    > Qui est Maxime Ouellet? http://www.maximeouellet.com

Old Apr 12th 2002, 1:09 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations.

Things have changed a wee bit. Back in 1998 you were told to leave the building and return at 3 p.m. to pick up your passport and visa. You didn't get it with one half hour after the interview. And yes you are correct about the lunch break.

May I ask that you post your K-1 interview experience at

Update K-1 Experiences at: http://www.kamya.com/interview/intro.html

In this way others will not have to search a NG for an experience but will be able to find it easily.

Thanks and once again, congratulations.

Rete
Old Apr 12th 2002, 3:40 pm
Luanne

Thank-you very much Jacy for posting your interview experience. I am awaiting my
interview date for Montreal and reading your detailed experience has been invaluable!

Good luck crossing the boarder and with everything else in the process, I hope you
continue to post your experiences.

Luanne

Jacy wrote:

>Alrighty...Slider55 and I headed up to Montreal yesterday (for an April 11th appt).
    >He booked a room at Hotel La Tour Centre-Ville (1-800-361-2790, 400 Boulevard
    >Rene-Levesque Ouest) and off we went. The route (thanks to MapQuest) was pretty
    >straightforward but we were still relieved to get off the road. We highly recommend
    >this hotel as it is literally right across the street from the consulate. Our room
    >was $89CDN and $15 for parking (plus taxes of course)...and after we checked out
    >they didn't mind that we were leaving the truck down there until we finished our
    >business at the consulate.
    >
    >My appointment was for 9:30...we walked into the Consulate at 9:20. You stand at
    >the door until they call you into the security checkpoint. I had my passport and
    >letter with the interview date right on top (the guard appreciated that), we put
    >our coats and my purse on the x-ray machine and walked through the metal detector.
    >We were then informed to go down the stairs, to the elevator, up to the 19th floor,
    >and to window 25. This is the cashier's window, but she didn't want my money. She
    >asked what kind of visa I was there for and gave me a number (well 2 of
    >them)...C25. We sat down
    >(9:25am) and settled in for a long wait. The lighted display tells you when your
    > number is up and where to go. Please, for the sake of everyone around you, don't
    > start complaining and whining that the numbers are going backwards. It doesn't
    > make anyone else's wait any easier. There are three steps to the K1 and they use
    > the same numbers. Believe me, the numbers ARE going in order, even if they don't
    > seem like it...
    >
    >Step 1: My number is called at 11:20am, I go to window 2 and give the woman (who is
    >very nice) my medical envelope. She gives me a form to bring to the cashier and
    >tells me I can leave my stuff there. I went back to window 25 and paid my $45 (US
    >Cash). She gave me a receipt and back I went to window 2. She asked for my birth
    >certificate, 2 passport style photos (there is a booth on site for anyone who
    >forgets them...keep in mind, these are the pics that are going into your
    >passport...unfortunately for me, no one warned me of this and I look like a total
    >criminal in my picture), Slider's letter of intent, my DS-156 (x2) and DS-156K,
    >Slider's I-134 (I think that's it) and sent me back to sit down. She was kind enough
    >to give me an elastic to put around my rolled up chest film...she said no one is
    >going to want to see it, and that it was a souveneir (maybe we will frame it and put
    >it up in the living room, huh Slider?). I was told to go back to the waiting room
    >and...well...wait.
    >
    >Step 2: At 11:50am my number came up for my interview. I walked into the closet...I
    >mean room, and the lady behind the glass had me raise my right hand and state that I
    >have told the truth. She asked me if Slider has a house or apartment, what kind of
    >work he does, asked how we met, asked if he came to Canada or if I went to the
    >States for our first meeting, how long we conversed before we met in person, and if
    >I had always been a Canadian citizen. Most of these questions were based on
    >information written on our declaration with the I-129. She gave back my birth
    >certificate and receipt, and informed me that my visa had been approved and that I
    >should go back to sit down for about 30 mins when they would call my name. I sat
    >back down at about 12:00pm.
    >
    >Step 3: My name was called, along with 2 others'. We went to window 2 where they
    >informed us that the printer was backed up because of the backlog of visas that they
    >had to print and told us to come back in 2 hours...at 2:30pm. Of course none of us
    >were too keen on this, considering we thought we were going to be back on the road
    >by 12:30, but what can we do? My theory, it was lunch time. If this happens to any
    >of you, please remember to ask how you will get back into the building. You need
    >your passport in order to get through the check point, but they had our passports.
    >They put our name on some list down there, and Slider and I went to lunch (the
    >Chinese place in the hotel). They opened the doors at the Consulate (it is locked up
    >for their lunch) at about 2:20pm and we went back up to the 19th floor. More waiting
    >until everyone got back from lunch and at 2:40 we walked out of the Consulate with
    >my visa in hand.
    >
    >It was a real pain in terms of waiting, but all in all (considering some of the
    >horror stories I saw and the stress I expected) it was pretty easy. I was pretty
    >well prepared thanks to this newsgroup and Doc Steen's site. I realize this is
    >really long winded, but I hope that it puts at least one couple at ease having an
    >idea of what to expect.
    >
    >Next step in the great adventure....Port of Entry. It was suggested that I call the
    >Port I plan on entering through (Lewiston) to ask what they require in terms of
    >paperwork when I bring my belongings over in a couple of weeks. Stay tuned....
    >
    >____________________________________________
    >Qui est Maxime Ouellet? http://www.maximeouellet.com

Old Apr 12th 2002, 3:40 pm
Jacy

It's posted up on the site now.

Thanks for all your help guys. I'm sure we'll be relying on you in order to get the
AOS paperwork all ready also.

Slider and Jacy

--
    >
    > Things have changed a wee bit. Back in 1998 you were told to leave the building and
    > return at 3 p.m. to pick up your passport and visa. You didn't get it with one half
    > hour after the interview. And yes you are correct about the lunch break.
    >
    > May I ask that you post your K-1 interview experience at
    >
    > Update K-1 Experiences at: http://www.kamya.com/interview/intro.html
    >
    >
    > In this way others will not have to search a NG for an experience but will be able
    > to find it easily.
    >
    > Thanks and once again, congratulations.
    >
    > Rete
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    >
    >
    >
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Apr 14th 2002, 3:10 am
Mrs Blackross

For what it's worth, the queenston-lewiston bridge is a breeze to cross. They seem to
have their sh*t together more than the other three bridges in that area.

congrats on your visa too. hope you had time to check out more of montreal than just
the hotel and the consulate!

--
Crazy Canuck married to a Dam Yankee Entered as Visitor 07/04/01 Married 08/25/01
Filed @ VSC-AOS, EAD, AP 01/07/02 1st NOA 02/06/02 2nd NOA 02/07/02 EAD approved
02/26/02 AP Approved 02/28/02 AOS appointment letter rec'd 03/07/02 Fingerprint
letter rec'd 03/07/02 AOS interview 04/02/02 AOS APPROVED 04/02/02!!! now awaiting
plastic GC in the mail...

some helpful sites on the net:
http://www.mindspring.com/~docsteen/...o/visainfo.htm
http://www.k1faq.com/faq_index.htm
http://www.geocities.com/immigration...-130/index.htm

"Jacy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > Alrighty...Slider55 and I headed up to Montreal yesterday (for an April
11th
    > appt). He booked a room at Hotel La Tour Centre-Ville (1-800-361-2790, 400
    > Boulevard Rene-Levesque Ouest) and off we went. The route (thanks to MapQuest) was
    > pretty straightforward but we were still relieved to get off the road. We highly
    > recommend this hotel as it is literally right across
the
    > street from the consulate. Our room was $89CDN and $15 for parking (plus taxes of
    > course)...and after we checked out they didn't mind that we were leaving the truck
    > down there until we finished our business at the consulate.
    >
    > My appointment was for 9:30...we walked into the Consulate at 9:20. You stand at
    > the door until they call you into the security checkpoint. I had
my
    > passport and letter with the interview date right on top (the guard appreciated
    > that), we put our coats and my purse on the x-ray machine and walked through the
    > metal detector. We were then informed to go down the stairs, to the elevator, up to
    > the 19th floor, and to window 25. This is
the
    > cashier's window, but she didn't want my money. She asked what kind of
visa
    > I was there for and gave me a number (well 2 of them)...C25. We sat down
    > (9:25am) and settled in for a long wait. The lighted display tells you
when
    > your number is up and where to go. Please, for the sake of everyone around you,
    > don't start complaining and whining that the numbers are going backwards. It
    > doesn't make anyone else's wait any easier. There are three steps to the K1 and
    > they use the same numbers. Believe me, the numbers ARE going in order, even if they
    > don't seem like it...
    >
    > Step 1: My number is called at 11:20am, I go to window 2 and give the woman (who
is
    > very nice) my medical envelope. She gives me a form to bring to the
cashier
    > and tells me I can leave my stuff there. I went back to window 25 and paid my $45
    > (US Cash). She gave me a receipt and back I went to window 2. She asked for my
    > birth certificate, 2 passport style photos (there is a booth
on
    > site for anyone who forgets them...keep in mind, these are the pics that
are
    > going into your passport...unfortunately for me, no one warned me of this and I
    > look like a total criminal in my picture), Slider's letter of
intent,
    > my DS-156 (x2) and DS-156K, Slider's I-134 (I think that's it) and sent me back to
    > sit down. She was kind enough to give me an elastic to put around
my
    > rolled up chest film...she said no one is going to want to see it, and
that
    > it was a souveneir (maybe we will frame it and put it up in the living
room,
    > huh Slider?). I was told to go back to the waiting room and...well...wait.
    >
    > Step 2: At 11:50am my number came up for my interview. I walked into the
closet...I
    > mean room, and the lady behind the glass had me raise my right hand and state that
    > I have told the truth. She asked me if Slider has a house or apartment, what kind
    > of work he does, asked how we met, asked if he came
to
    > Canada or if I went to the States for our first meeting, how long we conversed
    > before we met in person, and if I had always been a Canadian citizen. Most of these
    > questions were based on information written on our declaration with the I-129. She
    > gave back my birth certificate and
receipt,
    > and informed me that my visa had been approved and that I should go back
to
    > sit down for about 30 mins when they would call my name. I sat back down
at
    > about 12:00pm.
    >
    > Step 3: My name was called, along with 2 others'. We went to window 2 where they
    > informed us that the printer was backed up because of the backlog of visas that
    > they had to print and told us to come back in 2 hours...at 2:30pm. Of course none
    > of us were too keen on this, considering we thought we were going to be back on the
    > road by 12:30, but what can we do? My theory, it
was
    > lunch time. If this happens to any of you, please remember to ask how you will get
    > back into the building. You need your passport in order to get through the check
    > point, but they had our passports. They put our name on some list down there, and
    > Slider and I went to lunch (the Chinese place in the hotel). They opened the doors
    > at the Consulate (it is locked up for their lunch) at about 2:20pm and we went back
    > up to the 19th floor. More waiting until everyone got back from lunch and at 2:40
    > we walked out of
the
    > Consulate with my visa in hand.
    >
    > It was a real pain in terms of waiting, but all in all (considering some
of
    > the horror stories I saw and the stress I expected) it was pretty easy. I was
    > pretty well prepared thanks to this newsgroup and Doc Steen's site. I realize this
    > is really long winded, but I hope that it puts at least one couple at ease having
    > an idea of what to expect.
    >
    > Next step in the great adventure....Port of Entry. It was suggested that I call the
    > Port I plan on entering through (Lewiston) to ask what they
require
    > in terms of paperwork when I bring my belongings over in a couple of
weeks.
    > Stay tuned....
    >
    > ____________________________________________
    > Qui est Maxime Ouellet? http://www.maximeouellet.com

Old Apr 15th 2002, 2:40 am
Slider

Thank you

I cross that one everytime I go and visit Jacy and they have yet to give me a hard
time coming over the border. Most of the Customs and INS people there seem fairly
nice also.

Now I have to start preparing the paperwork for her EAD, AOS and AP as well.

Thanks, Slider "Mrs Blackross" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > For what it's worth, the queenston-lewiston bridge is a breeze to cross. They seem
    > to have their sh*t together more than the other three bridges in that area.
    >
    > congrats on your visa too. hope you had time to check out more of montreal than
    > just the hotel and the consulate!
    >
    > --
    > Crazy Canuck married to a Dam Yankee Entered as Visitor 07/04/01 Married
    > 08/25/01 Filed @ VSC-AOS, EAD, AP 01/07/02 1st NOA 02/06/02 2nd NOA 02/07/02 EAD
    > approved 02/26/02 AP Approved 02/28/02 AOS appointment letter rec'd 03/07/02
    > Fingerprint letter rec'd 03/07/02 AOS interview 04/02/02 AOS APPROVED 04/02/02!!!
    > now awaiting plastic GC in the mail...
    >
    > some helpful sites on the net:
    > http://www.mindspring.com/~docsteen/...o/visainfo.htm
    > http://www.k1faq.com/faq_index.htm
    > http://www.geocities.com/immigration...-130/index.htm
    >
    > "Jacy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Alrighty...Slider55 and I headed up to Montreal yesterday (for an April
    > 11th
    > > appt). He booked a room at Hotel La Tour Centre-Ville (1-800-361-2790,
    > > Boulevard Rene-Levesque Ouest) and off we went. The route (thanks to MapQuest)
    > > was pretty straightforward but we were still relieved to get
off
    > > the road. We highly recommend this hotel as it is literally right across
    > the
    > > street from the consulate. Our room was $89CDN and $15 for parking (plus taxes of
    > > course)...and after we checked out they didn't mind that we
were
    > > leaving the truck down there until we finished our business at the consulate.
    > >
    > > My appointment was for 9:30...we walked into the Consulate at 9:20. You stand at
    > > the door until they call you into the security checkpoint. I
had
    > my
    > > passport and letter with the interview date right on top (the guard appreciated
    > > that), we put our coats and my purse on the x-ray machine
and
    > > walked through the metal detector. We were then informed to go down the stairs,
    > > to the elevator, up to the 19th floor, and to window 25. This is
    > the
    > > cashier's window, but she didn't want my money. She asked what kind of
    > visa
    > > I was there for and gave me a number (well 2 of them)...C25. We sat down
    > > (9:25am) and settled in for a long wait. The lighted display tells you
    > when
    > > your number is up and where to go. Please, for the sake of everyone
around
    > > you, don't start complaining and whining that the numbers are going backwards. It
    > > doesn't make anyone else's wait any easier. There are
three
    > > steps to the K1 and they use the same numbers. Believe me, the numbers
ARE
    > > going in order, even if they don't seem like it...
    > >
    > > Step 1: My number is called at 11:20am, I go to window 2 and give the woman (who
    > is
    > > very nice) my medical envelope. She gives me a form to bring to the
    > cashier
    > > and tells me I can leave my stuff there. I went back to window 25 and
paid
    > > my $45 (US Cash). She gave me a receipt and back I went to window 2. She asked
    > > for my birth certificate, 2 passport style photos (there is a
booth
    > on
    > > site for anyone who forgets them...keep in mind, these are the pics that
    > are
    > > going into your passport...unfortunately for me, no one warned me of
this
    > > and I look like a total criminal in my picture), Slider's letter of
    > intent,
    > > my DS-156 (x2) and DS-156K, Slider's I-134 (I think that's it) and sent
me
    > > back to sit down. She was kind enough to give me an elastic to put
around
    > my
    > > rolled up chest film...she said no one is going to want to see it, and
    > that
    > > it was a souveneir (maybe we will frame it and put it up in the living
    > room,
    > > huh Slider?). I was told to go back to the waiting room
and...well...wait.
    > >
    > > Step 2: At 11:50am my number came up for my interview. I walked into the
    > closet...I
    > > mean room, and the lady behind the glass had me raise my right hand and state
    > > that I have told the truth. She asked me if Slider has a house or apartment, what
    > > kind of work he does, asked how we met, asked if he came
    > to
    > > Canada or if I went to the States for our first meeting, how long we conversed
    > > before we met in person, and if I had always been a Canadian citizen. Most of
    > > these questions were based on information written on
our
    > > declaration with the I-129. She gave back my birth certificate and
    > receipt,
    > > and informed me that my visa had been approved and that I should go back
    > to
    > > sit down for about 30 mins when they would call my name. I sat back down
    > at
    > > about 12:00pm.
    > >
    > > Step 3: My name was called, along with 2 others'. We went to window 2 where they
    > > informed us that the printer was backed up because of the backlog of
visas
    > > that they had to print and told us to come back in 2 hours...at 2:30pm.
Of
    > > course none of us were too keen on this, considering we thought we were going to
    > > be back on the road by 12:30, but what can we do? My theory, it
    > was
    > > lunch time. If this happens to any of you, please remember to ask how
you
    > > will get back into the building. You need your passport in order to get through
    > > the check point, but they had our passports. They put our name
on
    > > some list down there, and Slider and I went to lunch (the Chinese place
in
    > > the hotel). They opened the doors at the Consulate (it is locked up for their
    > > lunch) at about 2:20pm and we went back up to the 19th floor. More waiting until
    > > everyone got back from lunch and at 2:40 we walked out of
    > the
    > > Consulate with my visa in hand.
    > >
    > > It was a real pain in terms of waiting, but all in all (considering some
    > of
    > > the horror stories I saw and the stress I expected) it was pretty easy.
I
    > > was pretty well prepared thanks to this newsgroup and Doc Steen's site.
I
    > > realize this is really long winded, but I hope that it puts at least one couple
    > > at ease having an idea of what to expect.
    > >
    > > Next step in the great adventure....Port of Entry. It was suggested that
I
    > > call the Port I plan on entering through (Lewiston) to ask what they
    > require
    > > in terms of paperwork when I bring my belongings over in a couple of
    > weeks.
    > > Stay tuned....
    > >
    > > ____________________________________________
    > > Qui est Maxime Ouellet? http://www.maximeouellet.com
    > >
    >