update

Old Jun 5th 2003, 10:54 pm
Forum Regular

k1filer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default update

approved... approved.

I came home from work today and pulled up the website ::

Application Type: I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

Current Status:

This case has been approved. On June 4, 2003, an approval notice was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please speak to an Immigration Information Officer during business hours.

Finally..... I had to sit here and stare at the screen and see if it was actually true. !!

1st NOA 11-15-02
2nd NOA 6-04-03
Old Jun 5th 2003, 10:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

leebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really nice

ABOUT TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats =) =) =)
Old Jun 5th 2003, 10:57 pm
Professional Mover

Location: Derry, NH Via Salem, NH via Ma, NC, ex Manchester, UK.
RoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: update

Originally posted by k1filer
approved... approved.

I came home from work today and pulled up the website ::

Application Type: I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

Current Status:

This case has been approved. On June 4, 2003, an approval notice was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please speak to an Immigration Information Officer during business hours.

Finally..... I had to sit here and stare at the screen and see if it was actually true. !!

1st NOA 11-15-02
2nd NOA 6-04-03
Well done!!! Today must be a good day for approvals!!!
Old Jun 5th 2003, 11:01 pm
GiveMeStrength

k1filer,
That is awesome news!!!

Congratulations to being FREE at last from NSC. I'm sure it's a ggreat feeling.

Old Jun 5th 2003, 11:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

soleil is an unknown quantity at this point

as said about, "ABOUT TIME!"

Congratulations!

- sunny
Old Jun 5th 2003, 11:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dekka's Angel is an unknown quantity at this point

WOO HOO!!

Congratulations - Enjoy your freedom from the NSC. As long as it has taken, you deserve to!!!
Old Jun 5th 2003, 11:44 pm
Forum Regular

mikkitango is an unknown quantity at this point

K1filer, I am SO happy for you!! Congrats!! You must be bouncing off the walls with excitement!! Enjoy the wonderful relief of getting this part over with. Things will FLY by now and you'll be with your sweetie soon!!

TIME TO CELEBRATE!!! Cheers!!! Consider yourself hugged!!!!

Mikki
Old Jun 5th 2003, 11:51 pm
Forum Regular

canuk_32 is an unknown quantity at this point

YaY K1filer you've been waiting 4ever!!! Congrats to you and your fiance. Just a few more months now
Old Jun 5th 2003, 11:57 pm
Whimsical in the brainpan

Elenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of light

The best news yet today!

CONGRATS!

You must be so happy!
Old Jun 6th 2003, 12:24 am
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: update

Originally posted by k1filer
approved... approved.

1st NOA 11-15-02
2nd NOA 6-04-03
Terrific news! So your case was on its 6th day of being overdue, based on adding 30 business days to the publication date of a prior NSC report that first indicated your case should have been given to an officer for processing. I told you a few days ago that now that it was overdue, it would likely be approved today, tomorrow or very soon (or that it was already approved and you just did not know it yet). Wonder if there was any sort of IBIS issue that might have lead to it becoming 6 days overdue in the first place?

That doesn't matter now anyway. Enjoy this first step in the process! Congratulations!

Originally posted by k1filer a few days earlier
Was hoping to put some good news on this posting...but nothing...absolutely nothing has been heard or received from NSC !! Emailed my congressman, state senator and governor... no response back from any of them.

There is a gentlement going to NSC next week to protest.... I am contemplating going with him, but I have never done that before nor do I want to jeopardize this process for as long as I have waited.... I am so sick to my stomach !!!
Will you be e-mailing your Congressman, State Senator and Governor again to let them know your case has now been approved, so they won’t have to waste any of their time and also the Service Centers time in replying to them?

Also, now that you know about how to calculate your overdue date, did you share that with the guy thinking of going to the NSC to protest? Protesting won’t do any good if his case is not overdue yet and is waiting its turn behind his neighbors case who filed before he did, plus sharing that information with him (how to calculate his overdue date) might help keep him from suffering as you apparently did (sick to your stomach).

-//-
Originally posted by Matthew Udall a few days ago in reply to k1filers posting
I was wondering why you still refer to your case as to “how long it has been since the date on the receipt notice�. That calculation is meaningless.

I believe I calculated your “overdue� date for you within the last few days. According to the April 15th NSC report, your case “should� have been given to an officer for processing. I say “should� because it likely was, however “IF� you or your fiancée have been arrested before, “OR� if someone with your same name (or your fiancée’s same name) has been arrested before (how common are your names), then you “CANNOT� use the NSC report to gage whether or not your case is overdue as those numbers only reflect cases that don’t get IBIS hits (cases that receive IBIS hits are taken out of the normal stream of cases and will experience a delay, slight to significant, while they perform the follow-up IBIS work).

If we assume your case did not get an IBIS hit, and if memory serves me correctly (from when I calculated your overdue date), I believe your overdue date was two days ago, May 28th (the BCIS takes the position that the I-129f should only take up to 30 business days for either approval, denial or RFE sent, once it has been given to an officer).

If those calculations are accurate, than “THAT� is a meaningful date or bit of information you can use. If your case is indeed overdue, than you should contact the NSC (either yourself or have your attorney or rep do it for you, but don’t duplicate the inquiry through multiple channels) to alert them to the problem. Once you know they have been contacted, wait 15 more days to contact them again.

Three days ago, it would have been useless to contact them, but if its now overdue, now is the time your communications with the NSC are 1) warranted, and 2) will likely not fall on deaf ears. In your communication with them you should mention the April 15th report, the date on that report for I-129f’s, their policy about it being with the officer for only 30 business days before its overdue, that these days have passed, and that it is now overdue. You mention that you wanted to bring this to their attention then politely ask them to look into it and process the case as soon as possible.

The reports that come from the TSC and the NSC reflect what is on the shelves and what is with the officers (barring the IBIS wrinkle). The BCIS position about being processed within 30 business days is clear too (been told this face to face over and over again at the Service Centers).

Of course, my guess is that (if we assume you did not get an IBIS hit) since your case is just barely overdue now, I’ll bet it “is� being worked on and will be approved today, tomorrow or very soon (perhaps its already approved and you just don’t know it yet).

Good luck.

M.U.

Last edited by Matthew Udall; Jun 6th 2003 at 12:30 am.
Old Jun 6th 2003, 12:59 am
Scott and Nanette

ScottHenshaw is an unknown quantity at this point

Great news very happy for you... You are a super hero for being able to wait so long without loosing your mind! Congradulations...

Scott

Last edited by ScottHenshaw; Jun 6th 2003 at 1:21 am.
Old Jun 6th 2003, 1:15 am
foxy little minx

bequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of light

congratulations k1filer!!! you waited so long!!!
Old Jun 6th 2003, 1:23 am
Howling at the Moon

lairdside will become famous soon enoughlairdside will become famous soon enough

Fantastic news!!!

I know what it is to wait overdue and emapthise with your feeling of disbelief at being approved.

I printed the on-line approval out to stop myself from checking it repeatedly to make sure I hadn't imagined it (and so that I could prove to myself that I hadn't imagined it if it should disappear )

As you may be able to tell I was sort of losing it at that point.....

Again - WONDERFUL and CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Soon you will be with your loved one and all of this will be a distant memory. Rejoice in your moment of victory!
Old Jun 6th 2003, 1:43 am
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by lairdside

I printed the on-line approval out to stop myself from checking it repeatedly to make sure I hadn't imagined it (and so that I could prove to myself that I hadn't imagined it if it should disappear )

As you may be able to tell I was sort of losing it at that point.....
Hi Lairdside,
I apologize for not being able to remember, but was "your" case officially overdue as per the calculations using the Service Center report?

If so, then it is by all means appropriate to contact the Service Center to alert them of that fact (once it becomes overdue). If not, then why were you losing it? We know cases don't get approved while waiting their turn on the shelf. The Service Centers themselves provide a handy and more accurate way to determine when a case has likely been given to an officer for processing, and I really hate to see so much suffering out there going on based on bogus numbers that BCIS HQ dreams up and demands the Service Centers to print on their notices.

Those of you who are new and know better, and who will be hanging around the group for a while to come, please do your fellow human being a favor and pass along that information… that they should forget the numbers printed on their notices, and how to use the reports that actually come from the Service Centers (Especially when you see people talking about making plans based on the numbers listed on a receipt notice). I do my best to perform that service for the do-it-yourself community, but I don't have the time to do it all of the time, and lord knows the older regulars simply ignore this reality as I never notice them spreading the truth about this issue (My guess is they probably don't want to be branded as "defending" the BCIS any more than I do).

Now if you were losing it even though you knew the case was not overdue as per the Service Center report, but instead due to the fact that you wanted them to speed up in general, then asking Congress to spend more of your tax dollars on the BCIS service side would be the appropriate thing to do (and I'm not knocking anybody for wanting the process to be sped up as quickly as possible).

M.U.

Last edited by Matthew Udall; Jun 6th 2003 at 1:47 am.
Old Jun 6th 2003, 2:08 am
Howling at the Moon

lairdside will become famous soon enoughlairdside will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Matthew Udall
Hi Lairdside,
I apologize for not being able to remember, but was "your" case officially overdue as per the calculations using the Service Center report?

If so, then it is by all means appropriate to contact the Service Center to alert them of that fact (once it becomes overdue). If not, then why were you losing it? We know cases don't get approved while waiting their turn on the shelf. The Service Centers themselves provide a handy and more accurate way to determine when a case has likely been given to an officer for processing, and I really hate to see so much suffering out there going on based on bogus numbers that BCIS HQ dreams up and demands the Service Centers to print on their notices.

Those of you who are new and know better, and who will be hanging around the group for a while to come, please do your fellow human being a favor and pass along that information… that they should forget the numbers printed on their notices, and how to use the reports that actually come from the Service Centers (Especially when you see people talking about making plans based on the numbers listed on a receipt notice). I do my best to perform that service for the do-it-yourself community, but I don't have the time to do it all of the time, and lord knows the older regulars simply ignore this reality as I never notice them spreading the truth about this issue (My guess is they probably don't want to be branded as "defending" the BCIS any more than I do).

Now if you were losing it even though you knew the case was not overdue as per the Service Center report, but instead due to the fact that you wanted them to speed up in general, then asking Congress to spend more of your tax dollars on the BCIS service side would be the appropriate thing to do (and I'm not knocking anybody for wanting the process to be sped up as quickly as possible).

M.U.
Yep - it REALLY was overdue.

The Service Center report became irrelevant as it was RFE'd but it went past the 90 day mark for adjudication following an RFE too and that's when I started to get somewhat p*ssed off.

It took them until May 2003 to approve an I-130 IR filed on 04/11/02. Even with the extra time allowed due to the delay caused by the RFE according to their own regulations it should have been adjudicated in November....

I can send you a copy of the four page memo outlining all the cases of the same type that were approved in May, June, July 2002 etc and the basis for my complaint, which was NOT the processing time but the fact that the petitions appeared to be being processed grossly out of order. By months not days.

They didn't even RFE the case until October.

Anyway, all sorted now eh?

The Congressional aide really helped with phone calls and fed exing documents and the liason at the CSC, Roxanne, deserves my thanks too.

I was thinking of writing a letter to the Service Center Director expressing my thanks to "Roxanne, Congressional Liason for Jim Gibbons office". Do you think they would have any idea who I was refering to?

Last edited by lairdside; Jun 6th 2003 at 2:11 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.