Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Unusual copied document, will this be acceptable?

Unusual copied document, will this be acceptable?

Old May 31st 2002, 3:20 am
Yanne Cantik

Default Unusual copied document, will this be acceptable?

Hallo people,

I have stupid questions here. I read in Doc Steen's site that CSC demands a copy of
the alien fiance(e) birth certificate (and the translation) to send with the
petition. Well, it's not a shocking thing for me. But I do have a problem with that.

To send those stuff using the ancient postal service would take at least a week. This
is so frustrating since my fiance wants to send the petition right away.

I'm planning to just scan my birth certificate (along with the translation) and send
the file to my fiancé. He will print it out and enclose it with the petition. In this
way, he wouldn't have to wait for days to get it.

My questions are, will the INS accept that kind of copy? Since it will look different
than the usual photocopied documents. Or should I just stick with the 'conventional'
way of copying documents?

Any responses will be greatly appreciated. Yanne.

Old May 31st 2002, 7:21 am
Michele Sharik

Default Re: Unusual copied document, will this be acceptable?

When we filed, there was one document that had been faxed to us (we couldn't get
the hard copy for some reason that I've forgotten now) and we included a photocopy
of the fax, which looked different from the rest of the photocopies in our package.
No problem.

YMMV,
--
-Michèle (US) & Brian (CAN) Detailed Timeline: http://ladysun1969.tripod.com Oct 11,
2000: met in person June 16, 2001: married in Las Vegas July 10, 2001: submitted
I-485/I-130 package (Cleveland) August 14, 2001: EAD & SSN August 17, 2001:
fingerprints August 21, 2001: AP January 21, 2002: moved to San Francisco May 28,
2002: AOS interview (SF) -- given 90 day Continuance for Medical Exam

[email protected] (Yanne Cantik) wrote:
    > My questions are, will the INS accept that kind of copy? Since it will look
    > different than the usual photocopied documents. Or should I just stick with the
    > 'conventional' way of copying documents?

Old May 31st 2002, 9:20 am
Lindsay

Default Re: Unusual copied document, will this be acceptable?

Shouldn't be a problem--just make note that the original is available upon request
(just as with all other copies you are sending). ) Good luck!

"Michele Sharik" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > When we filed, there was one document that had been faxed to us (we couldn't get
    > the hard copy for some reason that I've forgotten now) and we included a photocopy
    > of the fax, which looked different from the rest of the photocopies in our package.
    > No problem.
    >
    > YMMV,
    > --
    > -Michèle (US) & Brian (CAN) Detailed Timeline: http://ladysun1969.tripod.com Oct
    > 11, 2000: met in person June 16, 2001: married in Las Vegas July 10, 2001:
    > submitted I-485/I-130 package (Cleveland) August 14, 2001: EAD & SSN August 17,
    > 2001: fingerprints August 21, 2001: AP January 21, 2002: moved to San Francisco May
    > 28, 2002: AOS interview (SF) -- given 90 day Continuance for Medical Exam
    >
    > [email protected] (Yanne Cantik) wrote:
    > > My questions are, will the INS accept that kind of copy? Since it will look
    > > different than the usual photocopied documents. Or should I just stick with the
    > > 'conventional' way of copying documents?