Undated Green Card

Old Nov 3rd 2009, 9:15 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Undated Green Card

It has come to the attention of U.S. Customs and Border Protection’s (CBP) Customer Satisfaction Unit (CSU) that CBP officers (CBPOs) are erroneously requiring lawful permanent residents (LPRs) in possession of Form I-551, without expiration date (WED), to obtain a new Form I-551, with a 10-year expiration date.

CBP officers are instructed not to take any adverse action or require LPRs in possession of these Forms I-551 WED, to obtain new Form I-551, with a 10-year expiration date.

Between 1979 and 1989, Forms I-551 were issued without expiration dates. In August 1989, new cards with a 10-year expiration date began being issued to LPRs. The 10 year expiration date on the Form I-551 requires LPRs to apply periodically for a new card.

Though having Forms I-551, with 10-year expiration date, results in better facilitation of these LPRs at CBP ports of entry, there is no requirement at this time that LPRs in possession of Form I-551 WED to obtain a new Form I-551, with 10 year expiration date.

You do not have to renew a card without an expiration date.

(sent to me via email ..no link )
Old Nov 4th 2009, 12:29 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Undated Green Card

tee hee (not that there's anything wrong with that)
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...3121841AAGigtL

Source(s):
Memo Permanent Resident Cards (PRC), Forms I-551, Without Expiration Dates (WED)
Old Nov 4th 2009, 2:16 am
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute

USCIS posted a proposed rule change to the Federal Register a couple years ago to invalidate all of the original I-551 cards. The proposed rule was never implemented. I suspect that is what caused the confusion.
Old Nov 4th 2009, 2:26 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crg
USCIS posted a proposed rule change to the Federal Register a couple years ago to invalidate all of the original I-551 cards. The proposed rule was never implemented. I suspect that is what caused the confusion.
There was a note dated 2001 saying the plan were being made for the change and the date would be annouced shortly

shortly must mean a lots of things to different people
Old Nov 4th 2009, 3:22 am
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
There was a note dated 2001 saying the plan were being made for the change and the date would be annouced shortly

shortly must mean a lots of things to different people
They bring up the issue every so often. Then they realize all of the seniors that have those old cards and the mess it creates.

I bet Congress tells them to clear their backlog before finding new work to do.
Old Nov 14th 2009, 1:55 pm
Forum Regular

silvermine is a jewel in the roughsilvermine is a jewel in the roughsilvermine is a jewel in the roughsilvermine is a jewel in the rough

has anyone here actually tried to use one of the old cards?
i have one (and the new style one...) but am afraid to try to use it since the one guy at a POE said to me 'lucky i'm in a good mood today.. get a new card...'
Old Nov 14th 2009, 2:04 pm

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by crg
They bring up the issue every so often. Then they realize all of the seniors that have those old cards and the mess it creates.
Yes, probably more efficient to simply view it as a self-correcting problem. Over a long enough period, they'll expire naturally, as it were.

Originally Posted by crg
I bet Congress tells them to clear their backlog before finding new work to do.
God, wouldn't it be wonderful if government actually worked like that!
Old Nov 14th 2009, 4:52 pm
crg
American Expat

Originally Posted by silvermine
i have one (and the new style one...)
Are you saying that you have two cards and used the older one?
Old Nov 14th 2009, 5:05 pm
Forum Regular

silvermine is a jewel in the roughsilvermine is a jewel in the roughsilvermine is a jewel in the roughsilvermine is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by crg
Are you saying that you have two cards and used the older one?
i have both the old and new style. i use the new one.... due what the
agent at the POE said...
my question is has anyone recently tried to use the old style with no expiration date on it..

Last edited by silvermine; Nov 14th 2009 at 5:07 pm.
Old Nov 14th 2009, 5:08 pm
Ray

imy question is has anyone recently tried to use the old style with no expiration date on it..
There is reputely 750,000 out there so somebody must be ..
Old Nov 14th 2009, 9:19 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

my question is has anyone recently tried to use the old style with no expiration date on it..
You could probably sell it for $5,000 on any street corner.

Ian
Old Nov 14th 2009, 10:32 pm
crg
American Expat

i have both the old and new style. i use the new one.... due what the
agent at the POE said...
You should only use the most recent card. What reason did you give when you filed to replace it? D1id you report the old one lost or stolen?
Old Nov 14th 2009, 10:57 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
You could probably sell it for $5,000 on any street corner.

Ian
Old Nov 14th 2009, 10:59 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by crg
You should only use the most recent card. What reason did you give when you filed to replace it? D1id you report the old one lost or stolen?
i believe i just asked to replace it..
no doubt i use the most recent one.. but according to the original post they have to accept the old one without an expiration date?

so again, has anyone here tried to use an old green card without an expiration date on it ???
Old Nov 15th 2009, 12:24 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Here's a google search.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.