Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

UK to USA: Nothing to L1A to EB1C Green Card - detailed timeline and stages

UK to USA: Nothing to L1A to EB1C Green Card - detailed timeline and stages

Old May 14th 2023, 1:23 am
LT1
Forum Regular

LT1 has a reputation beyond reputeLT1 has a reputation beyond reputeLT1 has a reputation beyond reputeLT1 has a reputation beyond reputeLT1 has a reputation beyond reputeLT1 has a reputation beyond reputeLT1 has a reputation beyond reputeLT1 has a reputation beyond reputeLT1 has a reputation beyond reputeLT1 has a reputation beyond reputeLT1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default UK to USA: Nothing to L1A to EB1C Green Card - detailed timeline and stages

Hello, I thought it might be useful for others to share my detailed timeline of coming from the UK to the USA. First as an L-1A non-immigrant, and then quickly transitioning to an EB-1C immigrant. My company used Premium Processing for both applications.

In summary:
– One month from L-1A application to visa foil in passport
– Three months from Green Card application submission to card in hand
– The entire process from nothing to Green Card Holder took seven months.

L-1A Process:
Oct 10, 22 - I-129 with I-907 Premium Processing sent Fedexed to USCIS Texas SC.
Oct 11, 22 - Package received and receipt number emailed to lawyers same day.
Oct 18, 22 - I-129 approved.
Oct 25, 22 - I-797 approval notice arrived at lawyers.
Nov 01, 22 - Interview in Belfast. Verbally told Approved.
Nov 01, 22 - Status changed online to APPROVED immediately after interview.
Nov 01, 22 - Status changed to ISSUED later in the afternoon.
Nov 02, 22 - Email received with DX tracking number mid-afternoon.
Nov 04, 22 - DX tracked showing “Out for Delivery” (which means ready for collection if collecting)
Nov 04, 22 - Collected passport with visa from DX London Chancery Lane at 1130am.

Dec 03, 22 Arrived in the USA!

EB-1C Process
Feb 1, 2023 - Green Card Pack* shipped by Fedex to Texas SC
Feb 6, 2023 - Pack received at Texas SC [delivery delayed due to storm]
Feb 10, 2023 - I-140 (with PP) receipt received by email
Feb 17, 2023 - I-485, I-131, I-765 receipts received in mail
Mar 6, 2023 - I-140 approved [28 days]
Mar 6, 2023 - I-485 Biometrics appointment letter received in mail
Mar 7, 2023 - I-485 Biometrics taken [early walk-in]
Mar 10, 2023 - I-485 Case transferred to NBC
Apr 10, 2023 - I-485 Case transferred to Los Angeles County Field Office [non-local FO]
May 2, 2023 - I-485 “New Card Is Being Produced” [84 days]
May 3, 2023 - I-485 “Case was Approved”
May 5, 2023 - I-485 “Card was Mailed to Me”
May 10, 2023 - I-485 “Card was Delivered to Me by the Post Office” [to Lawyers]
May 11, 2023 - Green Card sent from lawyers to me by Fedex.
May 12, 2023 - Green Card delivered to me by Fedex. Process Over!

*Green Card Pack:
G-28, I-140, I-907
G-28, I-485, I-693
G-28, I-131
G-28, I-765

My I-131 and I-765 which weren’t really needed given I had underlying L-1A have not moved at all since submission, not even a biometrics invite. I understand these cases will get denied as being un-needed in due course.

Now the five-year countdown to citizenship application has begun!

Please shout if any questions. I feel I’ve been incredibly lucky with a super-fast experience, much of which down to learnings from this forum, so hopefully I can give knowledge back to others now.

Last edited by LT1; May 14th 2023 at 2:00 am.
Old May 14th 2023, 4:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

neill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK to USA: Nothing to L1A to EB1C Green Card - detailed timeline and stages

That is fast. Congratulations!
Old May 14th 2023, 6:37 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK to USA: Nothing to L1A to EB1C Green Card - detailed timeline and stages

Congratulations.

To others reading this, do remember that YMMV.