uk/ny couple

Old Aug 17th 2008, 8:40 pm
Just Joined

chelsea-kevin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default uk/ny couple

hey everyone
we are new to this site and have just started our k1 visa process. So far we have sent in the I-129F petition to the vermont service center. I just received in the mail a I-797C notice of action but it does not really tell me anything except that they received the application money. So are we just waiting for them to send us something else or is there something i can do to see whats going on with our application? Does anyone know the processing times for vermont right now? I looked on the website but did not really understand what it was telling me. THANKS So much for your help. So glad I found a site like this to help us along !
oh one more question. Now that we sent the application is he allowed to enter the united states?
chelsea/kevin

Last edited by chelsea-kevin; Aug 17th 2008 at 8:54 pm.
Old Aug 17th 2008, 9:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: uk/ny couple

Originally Posted by chelsea-kevin
hey everyone
we are new to this site and have just started our k1 visa process. So far we have sent in the I-129F petition to the vermont service center. I just received in the mail a I-797C notice of action but it does not really tell me anything except that they received the application money. So are we just waiting for them to send us something else or is there something i can do to see whats going on with our application? Does anyone know the processing times for vermont right now? I looked on the website but did not really understand what it was telling me. THANKS So much for your help. So glad I found a site like this to help us along !
oh one more question. Now that we sent the application is he allowed to enter the united states?
chelsea/kevin
He can visit the US on the VWP for up to 90 days, the same as before you sent in the petition. He should bring plenty of evidence to show ties to the UK.

They have received the petition - now you wait. Unless they need more info from you, you will just receive the approval eventually. There is no way to check on the progress at this point. You can look online by your case number, but it won't show any day to day progress.

The processing times are very misleading - they show their goal date if they're on time, or actual date if they're running behind. I actually found the below website helpful for processing times (although I much prefer this board to get general information from)

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/stats.php
Old Aug 17th 2008, 9:54 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Ditto what Tracy said.

Rene
Old Aug 17th 2008, 10:24 pm
Just Joined

chelsea-kevin is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for the fast replies!
Old Aug 17th 2008, 10:27 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chelsea-kevin
hey everyone
chelsea/kevin
What you have received is the Notice of Receipt, commonly called 'NOA1' online. There is nothing to observe now, other than to register your case status online at uscis.gov and that way you *may* get a heads up if you have a Request For Further Evidence (commonly called RFE) being sent to you. That would come in the mail, the online notification won't tell you what it is for, so the online status has minimal value, IMO. It's often incorrect too --- I think Ian's here still shows his I-485 pending even though he's been a US citizen for years now.
Old Aug 18th 2008, 4:02 am

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

We sent our petition to Vermont at the end of December. We got a receipt the middle of January saying that it was recieved. I live in New York as well. We got our petition approval 2 months later. My fiancee entered the states a few times during the process. He brought his deed to his house ,an employment letter , his return ticket and bank statements with him in case he was asked for evidence of ties back to the UK but he never was. He flew into Newark each time. Each case is different. We kept checking our case online as well. It will take a few months at least for the approval.