UK midwife

Old Jun 11th 2021, 10:10 pm
Just Joined

Louise1007201 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK midwife

Hello! Looking for help please, are there any UK trained Midwives working in USA 😊

My partner and I along with our two boys are looking into a possible move to America, I’m a UK trained Midwife and hoping I would be able to practice in America. I have had a look online at information regarding converting the degree so it is recognised and have looked into the process by NARM. I just wondered if anyone has been through this process and what thoughts are on this please?
Old Jun 12th 2021, 2:15 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK midwife

I can't help on the midwife question, but I will say that in order for your partner to come along, you must be legally married.

Also, depending on which visa you can get, your spouse may or may not be able to work. If not, can a family of 4 live in a midwife's income?

Rene
Old Jun 12th 2021, 5:56 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK midwife

Hi, I see your other thread was asking about Canada. That’s likely to be more realistic for you, I’m not sure of the visa options for a midwife to get to the US? So it may be worth sticking with Canada if you’re looking for anywhere in North America.

What does your partner do? Is he any more likely to qualify for a visa? As above, you’d need to be married for a derivative visa for the US, unlike Canada where you could both go on one visa app if you’ve been living together for a year or more.

Here are a couple of threads to help - Any uk trained midwives working in the U.S?

Converting Midwife qualifications UK to US

Best of luck.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jun 12th 2021 at 6:01 am.