Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

uk citizen desperate to relocate to las vegas....need some more info

Wikiposts

uk citizen desperate to relocate to las vegas....need some more info

Old Dec 22nd 2008, 4:27 am
Just Joined

peta is an unknown quantity at this point
Default uk citizen desperate to relocate to las vegas....need some more info

i am 24 years old, my half english, half american boyfriend lives in las vegas and has done for the past year and 4 months.
i am despearte to relocate over there as there will be so many more opportunities as i am a model. the simplest solution as i am aware is for me and my boyfriend of 3 years is to get married but he is having none of it! too young etc!
is there anyway i can get over there otherwise? im kinda getting tired of going for 3 months and coming back for 3 months and its clocking up alot on my passport, im just waiting for immigration to turn round and not allow me in the country!

any help much appreciated
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 4:31 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: uk citizen desperate to relocate to las vegas....need some more info

H-1 -- good luck!
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 4:32 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: uk citizen desperate to relocate to las vegas....need some more info

Check this article and see if any of these visas apply to you.

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Pulaski's_Ways:_How_to_Live_and_Work_in_the_USA

Rene
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 4:35 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Check this article and see if any of these visas apply to you.

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Pulaski's_Ways:_How_to_Live_and_Work_in_the_USA

Rene
Don't think we have the H-1 for models in there, Rene! It's a bit of a specialty one. There might be a possibility of an O, as well. Her best bet is one of the lawyers who specializes in these visas.
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 4:39 am
Just Joined

ok thanks for the advice so far.
are there any lawyers that could be recommended that could help me?
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 4:41 am
Septicity

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...43&postcount=3
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 4:46 am
BE Forum Addict

hobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by peta
my half english, half american boyfriend lives in las vegas
the simplest solution as i am aware is for me and my boyfriend of 3 years is to get married but he is having none of it!
Ironic that he lives in a location where the simplest solution could be achived in a matter of minutes

Not to state the obvious, but you may want to revisit the marriage discussion. Best of luck finding an alternative though.
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 4:50 am
Just Joined

i know! i have been with him 3years aswell! if the shoe was on the other foot i would do it for him!
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 4:52 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

i know! i have been with him 3years aswell! if the shoe was on the other foot i would do it for him!
So stop running after him!

Why buy the cow........... etc etc. .........
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 4:58 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't this all telling you anything?
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 9:40 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

i know! i have been with him 3years aswell!
Honey... find another boyfriend. This one just isn't interested in you.

if the shoe was on the other foot i would do it for him!
Are you suggesting you'd get married for no other purpose than to circumvent immigration? Is that what you want him to do for you?

Ian
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 9:58 am
BE Enthusiast

pejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond repute

I know a bloke who has an O1 visa (it means extrordinary talent or something like that) and he is a male model. He got his a few years ago, although I think you need to be pretty high up in that industry. At one stage he was one of the most in demand models in the world...obviously I dont know your situation so I wouldnt take my word for it, but maybe your agency could look into it.
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 10:02 am
US immigration lawyer.

JCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond repute

Dear Peta:

If couples are under 25-30 years old, and one or the other of the couple needs US immigration status, I tend to counsel against marriage, unless the couple is quite sure of their relationship and is mature enough to handle the pressures that come with the added burden of the immigration process.

That is NOT to say that I have not handled many cases of those under 30 -- of course, I have. However, if either party is doubtful, I counsel prudence. "Marry in haste; repent at leisure" has a very special resonance in immigration cases.

Having said that, you should consider the advice given to you by other posters and look for other visa possibilities.

--J Craig Fong
Los Angeles, CA