Wikiposts

u.s.a visa waiver program

Old Oct 20th 2010, 2:50 am
Just Joined

foxyno1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: u.s.a visa waiver program

no not planning to go to school now, as i understand visa waiver program is up to 90 days .
i was thinking just go for a month or less so i wont get questioned whichever is best so i do not have problems at the airport.
Old Oct 20th 2010, 3:50 am
BE Forum Addict

E3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by foxyno1
no not planning to go to school now, as i understand visa waiver program is up to 90 days .
i was thinking just go for a month or less so i wont get questioned whichever is best so i do not have problems at the airport.
Get a return ticket
Carry proof (whatever you have) to show ties to home country

Most of the times they will let you enter for the 90 day period regardless of your return ticket date. So may be if you want, you can extend the ticket once you are in US - although make sure you don;t stay past the 90 days!
Old Oct 20th 2010, 3:57 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Oh you are now going to use the VWP and not a visa.
Old Oct 20th 2010, 4:31 am
Forum Regular

Lissbovavd is just really niceLissbovavd is just really niceLissbovavd is just really niceLissbovavd is just really niceLissbovavd is just really niceLissbovavd is just really niceLissbovavd is just really niceLissbovavd is just really niceLissbovavd is just really nice

hi all, just a moment ago i just found out that my visa esta has been approved this is fantastic news i did try a few weeks ago and was unauthorised. so was definately worth waiting til month after!
although this is good news am worried about it not being a guarantee of port of entry. as visa was denied.
Is it a good idea to get a return ticket so it proves i have no intentions of overstaying and should i stay for the 90 days or should i go for less so they do not get the impression i'm staying for other reasons?
as i have every intention of coming back when my time is up there.
any thought s or suggestions will be appreciated
many thanks
Glad to hear that you managed to get the ESTA clearance.
There is a possibility that you might get referred to secondary at the POE due to the denied visa. That might or might not happen. There really is no way to know on beforehand.

Now I shall be adding a suggestion, for which I have become somewhat slammed on this forum...
Since you are a UK resident, you might consider travelling via Dublin or Shannon Airports in Ireland, where there are US CBP pre-clearance facilities prior to boarding the US-bound aircraft.
Should you in any way feel worried about possibly being turned back at the US POE, at least you would be just round the corner from home.

Best of luck!
Old Oct 20th 2010, 7:21 am
BE Forum Addict

GeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond repute

An onward ticket is required - not a return ticket, though a return obviously counts as an onward ticket. Otherwise RTW tickets wouldn't work, for example. They don't care where you go, as long as you go!
Old Oct 21st 2010, 10:49 pm
Just Joined

foxyno1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Re: u.s.a visa waiver program

A return ticket is the cheaper option so i'll definately go for that.

I'm thinking i'll only book a two week flight otherwise if i stay for longer i'm thinking they'll question it too much.

cant believe how difficult it is just to go travelling in the usa.