Wikiposts

u.s.a visa waiver program

Old Oct 3rd 2010, 11:32 pm
Just Joined

foxyno1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb u.s.a visa waiver program

Hi, I've been denied a tourist visa recently as i did not have strong ties to u.k even though i'm an u.k. citizen so i want to do the visa waiver program but i think i may be denied again as i have been denied tourist visa.

Has anyone else had the same problem ? or got any suggestions for me please?

foxyno1
Old Oct 3rd 2010, 11:45 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: u.s.a visa waiver program

Originally Posted by foxyno1
Hi, I've been denied a tourist visa recently as i did not have strong ties to u.k even though i'm an u.k. citizen so i want to do the visa waiver program but i think i may be denied again as i have been denied tourist visa.

foxyno1
Do you have an approved ESTA??
Old Oct 4th 2010, 12:00 am
Just Joined

hi i have not applied for an esta yet as i'm worried i'll be denied
Old Oct 4th 2010, 12:05 am
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

well you won't know until you try! It's the only way to find out if you can travel on the vwp.
Old Oct 4th 2010, 12:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Awesome Welles has a reputation beyond reputeAwesome Welles has a reputation beyond reputeAwesome Welles has a reputation beyond reputeAwesome Welles has a reputation beyond reputeAwesome Welles has a reputation beyond reputeAwesome Welles has a reputation beyond reputeAwesome Welles has a reputation beyond reputeAwesome Welles has a reputation beyond reputeAwesome Welles has a reputation beyond reputeAwesome Welles has a reputation beyond reputeAwesome Welles has a reputation beyond repute

Can't argue with that logic.......
Old Oct 4th 2010, 12:20 am
Just Joined

I only applied for visa in september though wont it be too soon after ....
Old Oct 4th 2010, 12:27 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Curious as to why you applied for a formal visitor's visa instead of just using the VWP? Did you plan on coming to the US for more than the 90 days allowed under the VWP? Did you indicate that you have a romantic interest living in the states or are perhaps job hunting?
Old Oct 4th 2010, 12:45 am
Just Joined

i was going to do a six week study course as i was allowed to do a short study course on a tourist visa which was under 18 hrs a week, also i have family there aunts and uncles and cousins some of which i have not met yet. So i wanted to go for a long time as i have not been to america for a ten yrs since i visited my uncle last time and i do know when i'll get the chance again so wanted to go as long as possible.
Also cousin will be in school so will only get to go places at weekends.
Old Oct 4th 2010, 1:03 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

No. http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/travel/id_visa/esta/. At this point in time, you have nothing to lose by applying.

Ian
Old Oct 4th 2010, 11:00 am
Forum Regular

Lissbovavd is just really niceLissbovavd is just really niceLissbovavd is just really niceLissbovavd is just really niceLissbovavd is just really niceLissbovavd is just really niceLissbovavd is just really niceLissbovavd is just really niceLissbovavd is just really nice

foxyno1
foxyno1,

By all means, try a new ESTA application, while declaring the denied visa.
The ESTA application might come through approved or denied - no way to know before you try!

Should the application come back denied, I suggest that you wait another 6-12 months before re-applying. With luck, the previously denied ESTA application may well be approved by then.
I know - it´s happened to me...
Old Oct 5th 2010, 3:38 am
Bothered

kungpowdow has much to be proud ofkungpowdow has much to be proud ofkungpowdow has much to be proud ofkungpowdow has much to be proud ofkungpowdow has much to be proud ofkungpowdow has much to be proud ofkungpowdow has much to be proud ofkungpowdow has much to be proud ofkungpowdow has much to be proud ofkungpowdow has much to be proud ofkungpowdow has much to be proud of

I was denied a B2 visa last year for exactly the same reason... I answered honestly about the visa denial on my subsequent ESTA application and was approved... Upon entering the US i wasn't even taken to secondary inspection so i wouldnt worry so much about it...

If i were you i would suggest applying now, if it's denied at least you know where you stand and you can try again in 6 months...

Good luck...
Old Oct 5th 2010, 9:27 pm
Just Joined

Lightbulb Re: u.s.a visa waiver program

hiya thanks for your replies i have now applied for the esta and it is pending , so fingers crossed and will let you know asap
Old Oct 20th 2010, 2:02 am
Just Joined

Thumbs up Re: u.s.a visa waiver program

hi all, just a moment ago i just found out that my visa esta has been approved this is fantastic news i did try a few weeks ago and was unauthorised. so was definately worth waiting til month after!
although this is good news am worried about it not being a guarantee of port of entry. as visa was denied.
Is it a good idea to get a return ticket so it proves i have no intentions of overstaying and should i stay for the 90 days or should i go for less so they do not get the impression i'm staying for other reasons?
as i have every intention of coming back when my time is up there.
any thought s or suggestions will be appreciated
many thanks

Last edited by Rete; Oct 20th 2010 at 2:08 am.
Old Oct 20th 2010, 2:07 am
Forum Regular

lonestargirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Is it a good idea to get a return ticket so it proves i have no intentions of overstaying and should i stay for the 90 days or should i go for less so they do not get the impression i'm staying for other reasons?
You MUST get a return ticket, it's a condition of using the VWP.
Old Oct 20th 2010, 2:13 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

hi all, just a moment ago i just found out that my visa esta has been approved this is fantastic news i did try a few weeks ago and was unauthorised. so was definately worth waiting til month after!
What visa do you have? Didn't realize that someone with a tourist visa needed to complete the ESTA. Thanks for educating me.

although this is good news am worried about it not being a guarantee of port of entry. as visa was denied.
There is never a guarantee that you will given permission to enter the US at the POE regardless of what type of visa you hold or if you are using the VWP.

as i have every intention of coming back when my time is up there.
any thought s or suggestions will be appreciated
many thanks
Thought a return ticket was mandatory. You still planning on going to school? Why do you need to be in the US for a full 90 days?

Never wise to book the return ticket for the 90th day. What if weather, technical or medical delays cause you to leave after the 90th day. You would then be in overstay. However, why do you think with a visa you will only be given a 90 day period to be inside of the US?

Last edited by Rete; Oct 20th 2010 at 2:15 am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.