Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

U.S. Permanent Residence through DV Program!

U.S. Permanent Residence through DV Program!

Old Jul 28th 2001, 4:51 pm
Tom Mick

Want to become U.S. permanent resident next year?Look no further!U.S. State
Department has just announced exact registration dates for this year DV Program
giving away 100,000 U.S. immigrant visas. For your guaranteed registration send
e-mail to [email protected] with letters DV in the Subject line.

Old Jul 28th 2001, 4:58 pm
Carlos Antunes

Realy? How come the State Department website has no information yet, then? Anyway,
why would poeple send you an email. It's enough to follow the State Department
instructions...

Tom Mick wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

--
"I swear by my life and by my love of it - that I will never live for the sake of
another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."
-- John Galt, hero of Atlas Shrugged
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...76/andresworld

Old Aug 7th 2001, 4:25 pm
Eit Newbie

I think the figure should be 50,000 for DV-2003, not 100,000! Chances of winning are
not considerably higher going by a third party, than by applying yourself, though.

On Sat, 28 Jul 2001 16:58:30 GMT, Carlos Antunes <[email protected]> wrote:

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]>>[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> Want to become U.S. permanent resident next year?Look no further!U.S. State[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> Department has just announced exact registration dates for this year DV Program[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> giving away 100,000 U.S. immigrant visas. For your guaranteed registration send[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> e-mail to [email protected] with letters DV in the Subject line.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>>[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Aug 9th 2001, 7:09 pm
A. Finberg

NOBODY can increase your chances of winning once your application is accepted for the
lottery. What (a reliable) service does is verify that a given application conforms
to the strict and changing rules of the lottery. Millions of entries are rejected
each year for minor errors in thier applications, so the issue is a legitimate one.
In '97 the rejection rate was 40%, so it is considerable.

The actual figure of winners varies slightly due to the selection process but is
generally estimated around 110,000 lottery winners (yes, I've added them up). The
first 55,000 to complete the process will receive greencard visas. Of those, 5,000
are set aside for the Nicaraguan relief act (see the site below for an explanation
of this act)

The new rules were just released recently, you can find out more by visiting the
following website for information or assistance:
http://www.greencardcentral.com/inde...tner_id=7251-N

The reason people use services is to decrease thier chances of being
desqualified/rejected. Also, some services can decrease your response time by having
the lottery respond to them by US mail (quick and reliable compared to international
mail) and then sending you an email (nearly instant) once someone wins, they must act
quickly or lose thier place (it is a shame to win the lottery and not get the visa)

Hope this answered your questions.

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> >Realy? How come the State Department website has no information yet, then? Anyway,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >why would poeple send you an email. It's enough to follow the State Department[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >instructions...[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >Tom Mick wrote:[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >>[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> Want to become U.S. permanent resident next year?Look no further!U.S. State[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> Department has just announced exact registration dates for this year DV Program[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> giving away 100,000 U.S. immigrant visas. For your guaranteed registration send[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> e-mail to [email protected] with letters DV in the Subject line.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >>[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >--[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >"I swear by my life and by my love of it - that I will never live for the sake of[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > -- John Galt, hero of Atlas Shrugged[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...76/andresworld[/usenetquote2]