U.S. Passports--Machine Readable?

Old Oct 30th 2003, 2:37 pm
pcm
Just Joined

pcm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default U.S. Passports--Machine Readable?

Just out of curiosity, I was wondering if the U.S. Passports are machine Readable. I know U.S. requires the Visa Waiver Countries to have a machine readable Passport. Does anyone know?
Old Oct 30th 2003, 4:33 pm
Forum Regular

Lucas03 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: U.S. Passports--Machine Readable?

Originally posted by pcm
Just out of curiosity, I was wondering if the U.S. Passports are machine Readable. I know U.S. requires the Visa Waiver Countries to have a machine readable Passport. Does anyone know?
--

Yeah, US passports are. I've had mine since 1995 and each time I come into the US the immigration officer swipes it through a thingy which brings something up on his computer (I can't see it) which he reads.
Old Oct 30th 2003, 5:33 pm
pcm
Just Joined

pcm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: U.S. Passports--Machine Readable?

Originally posted by Lucas03
--

Yeah, US passports are. I've had mine since 1995 and each time I come into the US the immigration officer swipes it through a thingy which brings something up on his computer (I can't see it) which he reads.
Thanks for the information. This is the first time I will be travelling on my U.S. passport so it's good to know.