Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

U.K. Electrician requires sponsor+advice

U.K. Electrician requires sponsor+advice

Old Aug 29th 2007, 11:15 am
Just Joined

David_D is an unknown quantity at this point
Default U.K. Electrician requires sponsor+advice

I am an Electrician from the U.K. I would appreciate some advice. Would it be possible for me to get a working visa with my occupation. Or does anybody know, who i could approach for sponsorship.

Last edited by David_D; Aug 29th 2007 at 11:16 am. Reason: title
Old Aug 29th 2007, 11:26 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: U.K. Electrician requires sponsor+advice

Originally Posted by David_D
I am an Electrician from the U.K. I would appreciate some advice. Would it be possible for me to get a working visa with my occupation. Or does anybody know, who i could approach for sponsorship.
No offense mate........but it's not happening.
Old Aug 29th 2007, 12:21 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

No, it's most likely not possible unless you're looking to marry an American.

This link should help explain what your options are.
Old Aug 30th 2007, 5:21 pm
Pass me the Marmite..

franc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond repute

2 Visa applications required, 1 x 110v and 1 x 240v

You may stay *current*, else you'll be *charged* with an overstay.

When you land, you will need to be *static* in the state for at least *12-24* months. I would *plug* another approach but I don't have any *power* to do that.

If they don't let you in, *sock-it* to them with a *3-pronged* approach. *2-pronged* approaches won't work. However, POE agents are slow so persue it until the *bulb* goes off else *switch* the POE. *Negative* attitudes do not work, only *positive*. Don't physically push though else you'll be tried for *battery*.

Please also, for the love of God, make sure they are not *wired* else you'll be *powerless* to do anything about it.

It'll all *turn out* right in the end, and the *light* will come on.

So good luck and as they say, there's a spark in every sparky

BTW - Why on *earth* do you want to *switch* countries and *watt* possessed you to think if the USA first?
Old Aug 31st 2007, 5:10 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

OP's first thought was down under, nice parady though.
Old Aug 31st 2007, 2:02 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by David_D

Sorry not on the list of employment for H-1B visas.

It is, however, possible for an electrician to get a work visa in Canada. Might want to try that.
Old Aug 31st 2007, 5:32 pm
Shadowland

On Aug 29, 7:15 am, David_D <[email protected]>
wrote:
> I am an Electrician from the U.K. I would appreciate some advice. Would
> it be possible for me to get a working visa with my occupation. Or does
> anybody know, who i could approach for sponsorship.

Now explain to me why I would help import competition for my job.

Old Aug 31st 2007, 11:47 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shadowland
Now explain to me why I would help import competition for my job.
For one thing, it'd force you to do a better job!

Ian
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 5:14 pm
Shadowland

On Aug 31, 7:47 pm, ian-mstm <[email protected]>
wrote:

> > Now explain to me why I would help import competition for my job.
>
> For one thing, it'd force you to do a better job!

Hhmmm...I always give it 100%.

Anyway what's with this "force" thing ?

Just who are you to be making
these...judgements...these...manipulation.

You know I'm feeling my temper rising very very quickly.

How about you ian....kissing my ass ?

Old Sep 2nd 2007, 6:24 pm
Account Closed

conisby is an unknown quantity at this point

On Aug 31, 7:47 pm, ian-mstm <[email protected]>
wrote:

> > Now explain to me why I would help import competition for my job.
>
> For one thing, it'd force you to do a better job!

Hhmmm...I always give it 100%.

Just who are you to be making
these...judgements...these...manipulation.

You know I'm feeling my temper rising very very quickly.

Chill out, this is the internet, if you get that worked up over a comment on it, how the hell do you cope in real life???
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 8:39 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Simple economics. If someone provides a service at a reduced cost - such as someone new to the country willing to work for less in an effort to establish himself... then, all else being equal, people will choose to hire the person who provides the lower cost service. Since the only way to counteract this is to either lower the cost of the service you provide or improve your service so that people don't mind paying a premium for the better service... then it forces you to improve! Frankly, I'm surprised you're not able to figure this out on your own.

Just who are you to be making these... judgements...
I don't have any problem making judgements... in fact, in a pluralist society, it's our duty to judge. How else do we separate the struggling entrepreneur from the riff raff?

Oh please... you are so not worth the effort.

Ian
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 8:50 pm
Forum Regular

newton817 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by franc11s
2 Visa applications required, 1 x 110v and 1 x 240v

You may stay *current*, else you'll be *charged* with an overstay.

When you land, you will need to be *static* in the state for at least *12-24* months. I would *plug* another approach but I don't have any *power* to do that.

If they don't let you in, *sock-it* to them with a *3-pronged* approach. *2-pronged* approaches won't work. However, POE agents are slow so persue it until the *bulb* goes off else *switch* the POE. *Negative* attitudes do not work, only *positive*. Don't physically push though else you'll be tried for *battery*.

Please also, for the love of God, make sure they are not *wired* else you'll be *powerless* to do anything about it.

It'll all *turn out* right in the end, and the *light* will come on.

So good luck and as they say, there's a spark in every sparky

BTW - Why on *earth* do you want to *switch* countries and *watt* possessed you to think if the USA first?
Whatever you are on i wouldn't mind a bit.
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 4:30 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
...I don't have any problem making judgements... in fact, in a pluralist society, it's our duty to judge. How else do we separate the struggling entrepreneur from the riff raff?...
I'm very pleased to see that, following last weekend's hilarious thread from the sadly departed rich bitch with a superiority complex, the term "riff raff" has entered the common British Expats vocabulary!
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 5:07 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbj1000
I'm very pleased to see that, following last weekend's hilarious thread from the sadly departed rich bitch with a superiority complex,
I must have missed that - who was that?
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 5:31 pm
Arrogant ****

Originally Posted by elfman
I must have missed that - who was that?
She was a DARLING!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.