Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

A typical question, but advise is greatly appreciated

A typical question, but advise is greatly appreciated

Old Feb 19th 2001, 2:10 am
Jesse E

Hello All, My name is Jesse. I'm a 19 year old, living in Adelaide, Australia at the
moment. I have so many friends in the United States, and they have recently been telling
me how great it would be for me if I were to move to the United States. I had no idea how
hard it would be until I started researching it. There are so many factors that would
decide whether I'm allowed to stay in the country or not. It's all getting to be rather
confusing and starting to make me wonder if my dreams are worth pursuing. I have now been
researching this for 3 years, and still haven't found the best way to get status in the
United States, so that I can live and work there. I've even had people here in Australia
tell me that getting married is the best way for me to do it, but if I do that, I want it
to be for the right reasons. I look at so many people whose marriages fail, and my parents
are one perfect example, and I don't want to be like that. I then heard I can get an
employer to sponsor me to stay there as a resident, because that is ultimately what I want
to do, is become a citizen of the United States of America. But where do I go?? I'm a
singer, and I hear there are special Visas for people with special skills like actors and
singers etc, but I don't think that's the avenue I want to take. Not just that, it's so
hard to find a job whilst I'm in Australia, employers are hesitant to even look at my
application let alone my resume.

I am ready!! I want this to happen, and I've been preparing for such a long time, can
I make it happen, or would you say that I'm wasting my time, and there's no way in
God's earth I'll get to move to the US, and I'll just have to keep visiting for my 90
days or so.

If anyone can help me, please feel free to share with me. I will welcome any responses..
My e-mail is [email protected] Telephone: +61-8-8520-3821 or +61-402-966-770

Thank you so much in advance..

--

Jesse E.
P.O. Box 620 TWO WELLS, SA, 5501 Australia Hm Tel: +61-8-8520-3821

Old Feb 19th 2001, 6:00 am
Chris C

Smell the coffee and wake up!

There are probably millions of 19 year olds like yourself who want to be in USA. Many for
very genuine reasons like human rights. They all have to wait in the line, what makes you
so special that you think you can jump the queue?

At least you have a decent standard of living where you are. Millions of 19 year old do
not have that luxury, and they probably more compelling reasons to be in US than yourself.