the two year rule, any idea?

Old May 5th 2006, 6:44 pm
Just Joined

lindalisou is an unknown quantity at this point
Question the two year rule, any idea?

Hello people, I am new to this web site. I hope that someone can answer simple questions the DOS is soooo vague about: I never got twice the same asnwers and plus, these answers weren't answers to my question.

1-Ok, so I am a french citizen that was studying and working in the UK from 1999 to 2003. In 2003, I got a J1 visa stamped with the "two year rule does apply.France". What do thse annotations mean? What the meaning of FRANCE? The citizenship country or the country where the 2 year rule has to be satisfied?

2-my DS2019 states the UK as my country of legal permanent residence. I got an advisory opinion from the DOS with the UK as my COR(country of residence). The rule says to return to the home country for a period of 2 years before applying to any immigration benefit.

SO WHERE is that famous country of fulfilment???

Your answers will be greatly appreciated! thanks
Old May 5th 2006, 10:02 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: the two year rule, any idea?

Who sponsored your J-1? That would help determine who you owe the 2 years to.

Originally Posted by lindalisou
Hello people, I am new to this web site. I hope that someone can answer simple questions the DOS is soooo vague about: I never got twice the same asnwers and plus, these answers weren't answers to my question.

1-Ok, so I am a french citizen that was studying and working in the UK from 1999 to 2003. In 2003, I got a J1 visa stamped with the "two year rule does apply.France". What do thse annotations mean? What the meaning of FRANCE? The citizenship country or the country where the 2 year rule has to be satisfied?

2-my DS2019 states the UK as my country of legal permanent residence. I got an advisory opinion from the DOS with the UK as my COR(country of residence). The rule says to return to the home country for a period of 2 years before applying to any immigration benefit.

SO WHERE is that famous country of fulfilment???

Your answers will be greatly appreciated! thanks
Old May 5th 2006, 10:17 pm
Just Joined

lindalisou is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: the two year rule, any idea?

Originally Posted by Rete
Who sponsored your J-1? That would help determine who you owe the 2 years to.
the International Student Exchange program